Gottlieb is a douchebag ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb is a douchebag ...

That's exactly what he said and I can't believe there's anyone out there who would disagree.
mantonio would disagree. He kept saying in the chat room during the game that Syracuse was DOMINATING the game.:crazy:

FYI, he just said we have "no shot" of winning the title. Didnt mention our ONLY indispensable player isn't currently playing.
That's his opinion which he is paid to give. Why are you so defensive? Get a grip.

I don't mind him, I don't let his hate bother me, and if you ignore the hate he has some good stuff to say

mantonio would disagree. He kept saying in the chat room during the game that Syracuse was DOMINATING the game.:crazy:
Did he use a lot of caps and multiple exclamation points? I'm shocked!

also 690, I like our chances better when the talking heads like dougie are betting against us

why get so worked up about him ... last time I checked he doesn't have any eligibility left

The more I reflect on this, two things come to mind:

1. I'm wasting my time thinking about this.
2. It's not exactly brilliant analysis to say that if a team plays for a championship like they do when they play crappy, they aren't going to win a championship.

Is it really fair to make an assessment of a team, such as Gottlieb did by saying there is no way SU will win a title with the way they are playing right now, when arguably our most important player sits out? Seems like a prisoner of the moment type of comment and not looking at the grand scheme of things, especially if/when Fab returns. Honestly, these games without Fab don't mean much to me, because it's not how we'll look once Fab returns. If he doesn't return, then we're definitely in some trouble.

How can any of us disagree with his point that we played lousy, got WORKED on the boards to a WVU team that's only 3rd in the BE in rebounding, and if we continue to play like that and are without Fab we have no shot at a Final Four?

He's an arrogant ass, and maybe sometimes he tries to stir us up, but how can anyone POSSIBLY disagree with that assessment after today, and with Fab's situation still a little muddled?

I expect that we'll all see a new Mantonio music video claiming our complete domination of West Virginia!

Always goes out of his way to heap criticism on SU. Never says stuff like that about UNC or Duke when they lose or play badly. But I can't argue against his comment today that the way we're playing is not going to win a championship. We were very lucky to win today, did not play well all game.

Always goes out of his way to heap criticism on SU. Never says stuff like that about UNC or Duke when they lose or play badly. But I can't argue against his comment today that the way we're playing is not going to win a championship. We were very lucky to win today, did not play well all game.

EVERY fan base thinks the same thing about DG.

EVERY fan base thinks the same thing about DG.

I was wondering the same thing. I dont watch ESPN other than sometimes for awhile after one of our games on a stream, so I was curious if he is like that with everyone. But from what I've seen on here, it doesn't look like he said anything that wasn't true.

I don't mind him, I don't let his hate bother me, and if you ignore the hate he has some good stuff to say

Haha. Good point garbs. I forgot I even started this post. Just got home from dinner (Delmonicos is so good), and I'm an idiot. Dougie rubbed me the wrong way. I realize we were terrible today. Carry on.

How can any of us disagree with his point that we played lousy, got WORKED on the boards to a WVU team that's only 3rd in the BE in rebounding, and if we continue to play like that and are without Fab we have no shot at a Final Four?

He's an arrogant ass, and maybe sometimes he tries to stir us up, but how can anyone POSSIBLY disagree with that assessment after today, and with Fab's situation still a little muddled?
ebb and flow of a season. It's not what he says it's when he says it. Like after a loss or a close win, or a game that a team plays like crap. He's the Monday morning quarterback. It's just stale.

It'd be nice if he was a non-entity, but that's only the case if he wasn't forced onto us by ESPN. Is it just me, or do they need better hiring practices?
Well, at least they got rid of Jim Rome.

He went out of his way to make his points about Syracuse as that wasn't even the topic they were discussing.
He's 100% correct in his analysis but I'm just wondering if he says the same things about OSU after their losses or UNC after they got drubbed by FSU. At least we won the game.

I was looking away from the screen when I heard DG start talking about the game. He said something like "Syracuse showed us something today..." and I assumed he was going to say something to the effect of "even without Fab Melo, they gutted out a big win over a tough West Virginia team." And I immediately thought - see, he's not so bad, Cuse fans just give him a hard time. And then I hear "they have no shot at winning the title" and I nearly spit out my beer. Not because it bothered me, but because it was unexpected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom