Gottlieb is a douchebag ... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb is a douchebag ...

He went out of his way to make his points about Syracuse as that wasn't even the topic they were discussing.
He's 100% correct in his analysis but I'm just wondering if he says the same things about OSU after their losses or UNC after they got drubbed by FSU. At least we won the game.
He's a weird dude. After the Cinci game he was head over heels in love with SU.

Gottlieb is one of the few rational sports analysts out there.

if SU was still undefeated he would figure out something negative to say... cmon man.

ebb and flow of a season. It's not what he says it's when he says it. Like after a loss or a close win, or a game that a team plays like crap. He's the Monday morning quarterback. It's just stale.
Honestly, we hear worse after a win or a loss about several of our players from people on this board. Why is it worse to hear a reasonable argument (that if we play like we did today, we're going nowhere) from a TV personality?

I saw people saying FAR worse things in the chat during the game today.

Can't wait to hear what he says on sportscenter ...
Actually didn't say a whole lot, but man that tie is horrendous and way too big for the shirt collar he has on. Bad knot too.

Gottlieb is one of the few rational sports analysts out there.
Yeah he was real rational when he said the SU-WVU game should have went into overtime if the correct call was made. C'mon, that is about as ridiculous as it gets. Syracuse would have had the ball WITH 10 SECONDS LEFT!

Gottleib is harmless. He even admitted if Melo comes back we are a legit contender. Why doe people get so bent out of shape what he thinks? My god he is an analyst and is PAID to voice his opinion. He actually is one of the most rational level headed analysts out there.

FYI - if we keep winning it WONT MATTER.

Gottleib is harmless. He even admitted if Melo comes back we are a legit contender. Why doe people get so bent out of shape what he thinks? My god he is an analyst and is PAID to voice his opinion. He actually is one of the most rational level headed analysts out there.

FYI - if we keep winning it WONT MATTER.
I think you guys are more upset about this than the DG haters. Regardless, it's clearly a game, some people just like to play.

I was looking away from the screen when I heard DG start talking about the game. He said something like "Syracuse showed us something today..." and I assumed he was going to say something to the effect of "even without Fab Melo, they gutted out a big win over a tough West Virginia team." And I immediately thought - see, he's not so bad, Cuse fans just give him a hard time. And then I hear "they have no shot at winning the title" and I nearly spit out my beer. Not because it bothered me, but because it was unexpected.
Yeah I had the same reaction. My first thought: Uconn played way worse than us in the NC last year and they won it all. These statements he makes are ignorant. All you have to do is win. We won.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom