Class of 2020 - Grad OL Codie Hornsby (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/13/2024) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Grad OL Codie Hornsby (TX) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (3/13/2024)

Im thinking the kid from Howard might play right tackle, and I know reed was regarded highly as the center
I’ve heard FB speak highly of Reed and Cruz. Beyond that not sure but I thought Wohl looked promising.

We needed to get way better on both O and D line. We addressed D early on and the fact we’re still adding bodies on O line says a lot. We didn’t have the size and strength up front and we didn’t have the depth to win and withstand injuries. FB knows depth matters.

Randy Savage Yes GIF by WWE

Any projections for what our OL might be if the season started today
Probably missing somebody as I am going off my head right now, but I would go with this for now

LT E Cruz/Moeolo
LG Hornsby/Bradford
C Reed/Ilaoa
RG Miller/More
RT Weatherspoon/Wohlabaugh

Would not be surprised if Bradford or More began the season starting at OG (instead of Hornsby) and More or Wohlabaugh starting at RT instead of Weatherspoon. Tough for these guys to win starting jobs with no spring practice with the team. But I think they will eventually win starting jobs. Hearing good stuff about Moeolo. He might also surprise. Interested to watch a lot of these guys in the spring game.

Back to Hornsby. I thought his film was the most impressive of any OG we have gotten in years. I know it was against so so opposition but the film does not lie. The guy Is really athletic and strong too. Very excited about him. And really happy we have him for two years.

Probably missing somebody as I am going off my head right now, but I would go with this for now

LT E Cruz/Moeolo
LG Hornsby/Bradford
C Reed/Ilaoa
RG Miller/More

Would not be surprised if Bradford or More began the season starting at OG (instead of Hornsby) and More or Wohlabaugh starting at RT instead of Weatherspoon. Tough for these guys to win starting jobs with no spring practice with the team. But I think they will eventually win starting jobs. Hearing good stuff about Moeolo. He might also surprise. Interested to watch a lot of these guys in the spring game.

Back to Hornsby. I thought his film was the most impressive of any OG we have gotten in years. I know it was against so so opposition but the film does not lie. The guy Is really athletic and strong too. Very excited about him. And really happy we have him for two years.
Looking at the picture of Moeolo I do not see how he does not start.

I’ve heard FB speak highly of Reed and Cruz. Beyond that not sure but I thought Wohl looked promising.

We needed to get way better on both O and D line. We addressed D early on and the fact we’re still adding bodies on O line says a lot. We didn’t have the size and strength up front and we didn’t have the depth to win and withstand injuries. FB knows depth matters.
Well we had to do something. After watching them play in the Boca Bowl, it was plain pathetic. Our O-line looked like a high school players.

Well we had to do something. After watching them play in the Boca Bowl, it was plain pathetic. Our O-line looked like a high school players.
I really wouldn’t take much from that game at all, team was in transition and disarray, but yea we do desperately need o lineman, I doubt anyone would dispute that .

LT E Cruz/Moeolo
LG Hornsby/Bradford
C Reed/Ilaoa
RG Miller/More

Yep definitely a nice add. Oh to have a quality 2 deep! :D

Yeah I thought a healthy Wohlabaugh was a legit P4 starter. You're going to need 7-8 lineman most likely

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom