Grasso taking a leave of absence from Bryant | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Grasso taking a leave of absence from Bryant

This should be a training video on advanced interrogation techniques. Simply let the suspect ingest copious amounts of cocaine prior to questioning and let him ramble on 20 minutes
That police officer showed great patience. Bet his lawyers were telling him he should have just shut up. I worked with a guy who thought in meetings that if he continued to talk incessantly, it didn’t give anyone else a chance to challenge nor question him.

That police officer showed great patience. Bet his lawyers were telling him he should have just shut up. I worked with a guy who thought in meetings that if he continued to talk incessantly, it didn’t give anyone else a chance to challenge nor question him.
I guess Gasso never watched Dragnet. Otherwise he would know that this is going to be held against him. Dumb, da dumb, dumb, dumb.

A few miscellaneous thoughts:

-Any time a person says "Are you nervous? You seem nervous. Are you nervous? You seem nervous" non-stop, they're probably the nervous one in all likelihood.

-The part where the wife hands Grasso the phone reminds me of the scene in Naked Gun where George Kennedy hands Nordberg a fake phone call to distract him.

-If you're ever wondering what the difference is in this country between being a white person or a black person in dealing with police, watch this video. Grasso gets 30 minutes of officer patience where he's clearly on drugs, won't let the officer speak, Grasso is constantly telling the officer to move to different locations for no reason, and makes lots of thinly veiled threats toward the officer such as "other people need to be worried, but you don't need to be worried."

Last edited:

-Any time a person says "Are you nervous? You seem nervous. Are you nervous? You seem nervous" non-stop, they're probably the nervous one in all likelihood.

-The scene where the wife hands Grasso the phone reminds me of the scene in Naked Gun where George Kennedy hands Nordberg a fake phone call to distract him.

-If you're ever wondering what the difference is in this country between being a white person or a black person in dealing with police, watch this video. Grasso gets 30 minutes of officer patience where he's clearly on drugs, won't let the officer speak, Grasso is constantly telling the officer to move to different locations for no reason, and makes lots of thinly veiled threats toward the officer such as "other people need to be worried, but you don't need to be worried."
Chappelle did a brilliant skit on that.

The problem isn't really the 23-year-old TA chasing undergrads. The problem is the 43-year-old, married dude with the most highly visible job on campus chasing undergrads. Hypothetically, imagine there's stuff floating around on social media of this dude hooking up with 18-21 year olds, and then imagine explaining to prospective parents and donors why you don't think there's any reason to fire him.

"I hope your daughter picks Bryant, Sir. Coach LOVES redheads."
Why is married a qualifier? I doubt that’s in the employee manual or Code of Conduct.

Why is married a qualifier? I doubt that’s in the employee manual or Code of Conduct.

Why is there absolutely any reason to pick this apart? It's just weird. Dude's a scumbag, and the situation without context points to violation of conduct at it's core. The nitpicking and litigating these little details feels like some weird way to try and excuse these types of situations, let alone something as disgusting as this one.

This shouldn't be a topic of debate.

I doubt they need an employee manual or code of Conduct to fire him. And if they do, shame on whoever drafted his contract.
We've seen people fired for viral videos and comments on twitter, but the head basketball coach at a D1 University cheating on his wife with a student wouldn't be considered breaking general moral code policy in 2023 to Matlock over here.

-The part where the wife hands Grasso the phone reminds me of the scene in Naked Gun where George Kennedy hands Nordberg a fake phone call to distract him.

Due to the off tangent delicate subject matter you inject here, it's not surprising no one really further engaged on it. Perhaps, it's because it's more of an OT type discussion not relative to basketball or the headlined thread topic? Not to mention, the likelihood that discussing racism is and can sometimes be a no win situation.

In any event, I watched the video, and did so prior to reading your specific remark about race. Honestly, while I was watching it, not once did my thought process go here. Perhaps, naive, or whatever the case, but it never entered my mind due to the general context of what was taking place.

I believe the officer stated that the investigation he was conducting was to a misdemeanor hit and run offense. It's a small town, at a residence that is nice, well kept, no immediate apparent risk, threat, etc. of danger. A white cop interrogating a white subject, whom he most likely knows (even though he claims otherwise) of this individual's status in the small community, etc.

If this was a similar status black person, same environment, setting etc. under the same apparent set of circumstances, etc. being interrogated by a black officer, I don't know if "his dealing with police" would be any or much different.

In general, I find making blanket type statements, etc. vs. looking at it from an individual case by case type basis, is typically not a very productive one. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Due to the off tangent delicate subject matter you inject here, it's not surprising no one really further engaged on it. Perhaps, it's because it's more of an OT type discussion not relative to basketball or the headlined thread topic? Not to mention, the likelihood that discussing racism is and can sometimes be a no win situation.

In any event, I watched the video, and did so prior to reading your specific remark about race. Honestly, while I was watching it, not once did my thought process go here. Perhaps, naive, or whatever the case, but it never entered my mind due to the general context of what was taking place.

I believe the officer stated that the investigation he was conducting was to a misdemeanor hit and run offense. It's a small town, at a residence that is nice, well kept, no immediate apparent risk, threat, etc. of danger. A white cop interrogating a white subject, whom he most likely knows (even though he claims otherwise) of this individual's status in the small community, etc.

If this was a similar status black person, same environment, setting etc. under the same apparent set of circumstances, etc. being interrogated by a black officer, I don't know if "his dealing with police" would be any or much different.

In general, I find making blanket type statements, etc. vs. looking at it from an individual case by case type basis, is typically not a very productive one. Just my opinion.

A couple things. It's definitely more likely it could have gone different in the proposed scenario. There is evidence of such you don't have to look hard for.

It's also one where sadly income and class play a large role. At a trailer park vs such a home this may go down much differently too irrespective of any race. This is something as someone who grew up dirt poor I've experienced first hand many years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom