Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)! | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Gross needs to resign tonight...(It's back)!

medium_statue.jpg

Does Ernie even have a thumb on his left hand? :eek:

Here's the thing that is driving me nuts: Giansante was quoted saying NO ONE LOOKED AT IT until the ceremony started! How the hell does that happen?! How the hell does NO ONE take a look at it even out of pure curiosity?!
Come on. They were looking at it BEFORE it was given to Rosie (er, Louie). They all saw it then. No one caught the error? The more I think about this, the more absurd it gets. No one in charge of anything there ... has any institutional memory. Or tries to acquire it.

Giansante said the school had one employee in charge of ordering the jersey and picking it up, and that no one else from the athletic department looked at it before the ceremony began.

Where did they order this from? Taiwan?

If it was made by a vendor in Syracuse, that's even worse. Oh Lord

"Ladies and gentlemen, I give you a statue of the greatest player to ever wear the number 44!"...("holy crap, did we forget the #44)"?!?!

BlackKnight76 said:
Holy I don't think I've ever seen this. The woman in front of Gross' face says it all. "What should we make the statue out of?" "Umm...lead?"

In fairness, it was melted down into 2.222 #2 pencils.

Holy . . . . I don't think I've ever seen this. The woman in front of Gross' face says it all.

"What should we make the statue out of?"
"Umm...lead?"
I know her (she's annoying) and, a mutual acquaintance told me, she had no clue who Ernie Davis was and apparently didn't care.

Come on. They were looking at it BEFORE it was given to Rosie (er, Louie). They all saw it then. No one caught the error? The more I think about this, the more absurd it gets. No one in charge of anything there ... has any institutional memory. Or tries to acquire it.
cto if you've said already I apologize, but, will a discussion take place about this? Who will oversee said discussion? I assume Giansante answers to Gross? Gross answers to? Syverud?

cto if you've said already I apologize, but, will a discussion take place about this? Who will oversee said discussion? I assume Giansante answers to Gross? Gross answers to? Syverud?
Yes, Giansante reports to Gross, and Gross reports to the chancellor. I have to assume there will be some discussion ... in that this screw-up turned what should have been a joyous celebration into a national embarrassment. (Rightfully, the school's public image is very important to the chancellor).

"Ladies and gentlemen, I give you a statue of the greatest player to ever wear the number 44!"...("holy crap, did we forget the #44)"?!?!
That was my first reaction too. And the head that looks like the late steve sabol. Sorry but this made my bad week

I just got caught up on the press release. Let me say that I'm even more pissed off. The explanation just shows me they don't care and they are blowing this off. I think I might write a letter to the chancellor.

Yes, Giansante reports to Gross, and Gross reports to the chancellor. I have to assume there will be some discussion ... in that this screw-up turned what should have been a joyous celebration into a national embarrassment. (Rightfully, the school's public image is very important to the chancellor).
Thank you. I know it seemed like a dumb question, but, I'm honestly dumbfounded right now. Completely, and utterly, dumbfounded.

The ground is swelling.

I'd have like to have been a fly on the wall at Jimmy B's house tonight... I can only imagine how he felt about it.

I'd have like to have been a fly on the wall at Jimmy B's house tonight... I can only imagine how he felt about it.
Exactly. Like he has nothing else to think about lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom