He gone... | Syracusefan.com

He gone...

He’s pulling a reverse-Malachi!

So thats kind of interesting, lets say hypothetically, we make a run to the Final Four with Buddy continuing to do the monstrous damage hes doing right now and he starts to appear on top 15-20 draft boards. Would he go pro?

Edit: this might be up for the most disliked post of the year award, so my apology in advance

So thats kind of interesting, lets say hypothetically, we make a run to the Final Four with Buddy continuing to do the monstrous damage hes doing right now and he starts to appear on top 15-20 draft boards. Would he go pro?

Just me being honest, and having listened to Jim talk about him for years now, I don’t think his Dad would discourage it. Buddy’s polished and only gets better. Has legit size, ball handlings improved.

I don’t think it happens, but enjoy this March while we have it nonetheless.

Edit: this might be up for the most disliked post of the year award, so my apology in advance

Don’t underestimate the lack of financial incentive versus previous players as another factor as to why he won’t leave

If Buddy appears on "top15-20" draft boards ... I will venmo you $100.

Have liked his game even when he was struggling early this season.
Always played hard...even if some people didn't think so.
Covid isn't an easy recovery for a lot of people...even young athletes.

Obviously I love what he's been doing.
Everything's improved...his scoring has been so big it's easy to overlook how his defense has gotten better.
But does he really have NBA-level handle and quickness at this point?

If Buddy appears on "top15-20" draft boards ... I will venmo you $100.
I completely agree, I mean who is he going to guard at the next level? A 2? A 3? Thats an issue, even in a league where defense is not exactly a priority. His Athleticism is obviously a question, ball handling too, as other have already stated, needs work. But its an interesting thought, I mean let's say instead of 15-20, its 25-30. Like a Lakers type team who has a few players who demand double teams and needs a dead eye intelligent shooter. Its interesting. Obviously it all depends on what Buddys future macro goals are.

I think he could put up 35 a night and you won’t see him go that high.

I not only think he will be back next year, I think he will be back the year after. You can see how much he loves playing for Syracuse. And for his father. You only get one shot at doing that. Add in, I think his brother will be here, I see Buddy playing two more years. Now, if he continues to get better and better, things could change.

I completely agree, I mean who is he going to guard at the next level? A 2? A 3? Thats an issue, even in a league where defense is not exactly a priority. His Athleticism is obviously a question, ball handling too, as other have already stated, needs work. But its an interesting thought, I mean let's say instead of 15-20, its 25-30. Like a Lakers type team who has a few players who demand double teams and needs a dead eye intelligent shooter. Its interesting. Obviously it all depends on what Buddys future macro goals are.
Why is there this notion that defense isn’t played or not a priority in the nba?

I not only think he will be back next year, I think he will be back the year after. You can see how much he loves playing for Syracuse. And for his father. You only get one shot at doing that. Add in, I think his brother will be here, I see Buddy playing two more years. Now, if he continues to get better and better, things could change.
Or if Syracuse wins the championship and JB decides to retire. ;)

he's a smart kid, doesnt need the money n his dad is coach. he'll get his degree if he hasnt already but in summary im sure he loves the college experience. even in these covid days. I use to work at SU and the women are unreal lol

We do realize MOST guys who go PRO early never sniff the NBA right? The real question about Buddy is will he come back for his free 5th year with a team that should be stacked...I'm betting yes!

Why is there this notion that defense isn’t played or not a priority in the nba?
Thats fair. I mentioned it more tongue in cheek because it use to be a running joke but i hear ya. My overarching point with regard to defense was that buddy would have difficulty guarding players at the 2 or 3 in the league

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom