Hip Hop thread | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

So, I just came upon this tweet and I was at this show(last night), I’m briefly in this video….and based on looking at her profile picture, I’m pretty sure I stepped on this woman’s foot before profusely apologizing at some point in the show.

This was the beginning of Little Brother’s “Loving It”, and I wish I could find video of the whole song because I think the energy got even higher as the song went on. Seemed like the whole crowd was rapping all 3 verses. So much fun.

Just dropped in to say how much I despise hiphop.
That is all.

I like JID’s album. This is my favorite from it.

Haven’t listened to the new Roc Marciano/Alchemist album much - liked it on first listen but gotta dig into it more.

Found some more footage of Little Brother doing Lovin’ It but unfortunately I’m lost in the crowd - can’t see me. Was a ton of fun. All of the Justus League hung around and talked to everyone after. Lute was also there and did “G.E.D.”

“Middle finger up, screaming f*#% 45th, boy!”

Not enough rappers have gone at that jerkoff.

2022 has been insane. I can’t even keep up and give the albums I like enough listens, because something else is coming out every week that ends up being good-great.

I'm gonna try some k-pop in the other thread just to see what happens :)

Like how stipped down this sounds

Between the Roots last album being mostly boring singing with like 6 Thought verses and then them focusing on Fallon, it’s like we barely heard him for almost a decade…..and now suddenly he’s done 4 projects in the last 4 years. It’s a beautiful thing. He’s such an incredible rapper - I don’t care who is providing the music - he’s a rhyme animal that can rap over anything and we just need to hear him consistently.

Same with Nas - got nothing for years and now he’s got 3 good albums in like 2 years….getting all these good Thought and Nas projects 30 years after they started is a blessing.

Between the Roots last album being mostly boring singing with like 6 Thought verses and then them focusing on Fallon, it’s like we barely heard him for almost a decade…..and now suddenly he’s done 4 projects in the last 4 years. It’s a beautiful thing. He’s such an incredible rapper - I don’t care who is providing the music - he’s a rhyme animal that can rap over anything and we just need to hear him consistently.

Same with Nas - got nothing for years and now he’s got 3 good albums in like 2 years….getting all these good Thought and Nas projects 30 years after they started is a blessing.

Yeah, it's been an incredible year or so - even the Meth lab stuff I like a decent amount of

Yeah, it's been an incredible year or so - even the Meth lab stuff I like a decent amount of
Jeez….other than one or two songs, i haven’t even heard that album yet.

Add that to the list of albums I either need to listen to, or listen to again.

Saw in the comments someone said “I wonder how Boeheim would feel about this?” And Cooks replied, “he should feel honored - he’s a part of the culture now!” or something.

Scrap metal guy needs to get him in the front row - would be good for both and would actually make sense. Support your own! Think he can blow up to a point too.

Saw in the comments someone said “I wonder how Boeheim would feel about this?” And Cooks replied, “he should feel honored - he’s a part of the culture now!” or something.

Scrap metal guy needs to get him in the front row - would be good for both and would actually make sense. Support your own! Think he can blow up to a point too.

Scrap metal fellow should definitely do that

Scrap metal fellow should definitely do that
I’m dying at the thought of the ESPN commentators saying “Stove God Cooks” on the broadcast.

Then again, Bilas has been tweeting Jeezy lyrics for a decade….a rapper who made his whole career off crack rap and even had a snowman mascot.

Cooks is a billion times more talented than Jeezy too. Cooks would do well to expand the subject matter a bit though IMO. His humor and unique delivery are what really make him special IMO. He can rap about anything.

Is that new?

Nah, I was looking at some of the JID stuff after clicking on Money again and saw he did a song with him (Yasiin Bey) and then started going through Mos Def and never heard that before but liked the vibe

Nah, I was looking at some of the JID stuff after clicking on Money again and saw he did a song with him (Yasiin Bey) and then started going through Mos Def and never heard that before but liked the vibe
Ah, ok. I definitely never heard that before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom