Hip Hop thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Hip Hop thread

I was heading to Youtube to watch some Lords, but saw this on my recommended, I kinda forgot these fellas existed:

I was heading to Youtube to watch some Lords, but saw this on my recommended, I kinda forgot these fellas existed:

I think that’s the only song of theirs I ever heard, but that video used to get played all the time - but I can’t remember what station or what show. Fall 2002. One of those songs that I didn’t love or hate and haven’t heard or really thought about since - so I associate it heavily with the time period in which it was out. Takes me right back to the dorm I was in, the clothes I had hanging in my closet - everything. Music is crazy like that.

Murs cut is pretty good in this and I like the beat/cadence- I like Atmosphere now and then tbh

I think that’s the only song of theirs I ever heard, but that video used to get played all the time - but I can’t remember what station or what show. Fall 2002. One of those songs that I didn’t love or hate and haven’t heard or really thought about since - so I associate it heavily with the time period in which it was out. Takes me right back to the dorm I was in, the clothes I had hanging in my closet - everything. Music is crazy like that.

Since I think you’re around my age, I assume you’ve heard this one too:

I know - it's strange how things take you back so specific at times.

I hated the songs Trap Queen, and Coco (OT Genesis or whatever his name was), but now I get giddy if they ever come on because it soooooooooo specifically reminds me of the summer/fall 2015 in the UK and my neighbor above me, hilarious m-f*****r, used to listen to those two songs soooooooooooooooooo much. There was another girl group song in heavy rotation- but I can't recall what it was. :(

I get high on the COCO, I'm in love with the COCO, I get by on the COCO, I got a gun call it LOLO, I love me COCO, If you snitch I go LOCO, I get high on the COCO!

Edit: Ahhhhh, just listened to it - I forgot my favorite part! "BACON SODA, I GOT BACON SODA!" :) So bad!!!

Whenever we sat around and there was a lull, my dumb ass would SING THE **** out of that song - with all the wrong lyrics. Drunk, not drunk, just let loose with some COCO. Then we'd actually have to listen to it, which was painful, but still funny.

Last edited:
Murs cut is pretty good in this and I like the beat/cadence- I like Atmosphere now and then tbh
Random song with a Murs feature that I love. Pooh gets overshadowed by Phonte but he always makes the kind of rap I like. Early 9th on the beats. And Murs coming in and killing it.

Random song with a Murs feature that I love. Pooh gets overshadowed by Phonte but he always makes the kind of rap I like. Early 9th on the beats. And Murs coming in and killing it.
Edit: mis-spoke - that’s Khrysis who did that beat - though he sounded a lot like 9th Wonder in his early days and they both did all the beats on that album.

Ok one more for the night. That beat…I could listen to the instrumental all day. Cuse’s finest Cooks on the hook.

I know - it's strange how things take you back so specific at times.

I hated the songs Trap Queen, and Coco (OT Genesis or whatever his name was), but now I get giddy if they ever come on because it soooooooooo specifically reminds me of the summer/fall 2015 in the UK and my neighbor above me, hilarious m-f*****r, used to listen to those two songs soooooooooooooooooo much. There was another girl group song in heavy rotation- but I can't recall what it was. :(

I get high on the COCO, I'm in love with the COCO, I get by on the COCO, I got a gun call it LOLO, I love me COCO, If you snitch I go LOCO, I get high on the COCO!

Edit: Ahhhhh, just listened to it - I forgot my favorite part! "BACON SODA, I GOT BACON SODA!" :) So bad!!!

Whenever we sat around and there was a lull, my dumb ass would SING THE **** out of that song - with all the wrong lyrics. Drunk, not drunk, just let loose with some COCO. Then we'd actually have to listen to it, which was painful, but still funny.

I believe you were going for "baking soda" not "bacon soda" lol.

This this and this, I can smell the smell of my dorm when I listened to that J5 song.

I remember some college friends liking him, but I never could get into it.

Ok, since we’ve been on that “smell of my college dorm” rap….

freshman year of college favorite. Remember working an evening job thinking of this song the whole time. Couldn’t wait to get out and listen to it. Recall sitting in my car between college classes, listening to this in the parking lot. Kweli was my new favorite rapper when this was out. And Hi-Tek’s beats were perfect. What an album, too. One of my all time favorites.

Ok, here’s a college era favorite that got heavy play at the time, but feels like nobody has mentioned this song in 20 years…..but it sounds just as good now.

Man, that whole Dungeon Family camp was just a monster - not just the groups, but the beats, the hooks. They had it all.

I used to like Mr. Lif back then - i drifted a lot into what I always called "skateboarder rap"

I remember “DefJux” so well….but for whatever reason never really delved into it.

I really like the Cypress Hill album that came out a couple months ago called “Back in Black”.

Black Milk did the beats. Weird not having Muggs do them, though I read he’s doing their next one….but I love Black Milk and he did a great job IMO. Just started listening to this album this weekend and am enjoying it.

This new Lupe Fiasco album…I’m liking it.

Oh I didn’t know he had a new album. Food & Liquor was heavy in my CD rotation for a good while back in the day.

Oh I didn’t know he had a new album. Food & Liquor was heavy in my CD rotation for a good while back in the day.
Same! Really liked Food and Liquor. This one is called “Drill Music in Zion”.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom