Hop's Not Going Anywhere... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hop's Not Going Anywhere...

He’s not going to leave UW can pay him just as much or if not more than Cuse.

Is it though. Its $6m the next two years. Then $3m in 21/22 then $1.5m in 22/23... if jb is here until buddy graduates, its $1.5m i believe.

1.5 plus he's making 3.2 a year which I'm sure he is going to command a really large raise. Will Syracuse pay that coin?

$2.7m in Syracuse is going a lot farther than 3.1m in Seattle.
He also lives like a block from Lake Washington in one of the nicest neighborhoods in the country.

He also lives like a block from Lake Washington in one of the nicest neighborhoods in the country.
image.jpg

Some big baller places out on Mercer Island.

If you knew hop you’d know things like that don’t matter to him. He’ll be back. But it won’t be anytime soon.

You know what matters to him, 12 kids on a squad that he put a personal stamp of approval on that he sold the concepts of family and togetherness. I can't see him leaving that and something he built up, especially for a mess that he would be walking into

You know what matters to him, 12 kids on a squad that he put a personal stamp of approval on that he sold the concepts of family and togetherness. I can't see him leaving that and something he built up, especially for a mess that he would be walking into

I said it wouldn’t be anytime soon

He’s coming he just negotiated for more money short term and to not screw UW when he comes later.

He’s an alum and no sane person would turn down a top 10 ncaa job. Would it surprise anyone If Dino went to usc in a few years? Same situation imo except this one holds more water w the alum and wife from area angle
Nailed it.

You do realize the UW AD is the most profitable AD out west right?
You do realize that Syracuse basketball is a top 5-10 job in the country, right? The ROI of being good while having a fan base that can pack 35k into a venue for a regular season game is such that it can out-spend UW into oblivion. It’s not close.

Furthermore, that gap is only growing with time as the ACC launches its network, and the PAC sees its network die a slow, painful death.

SU also has legitimate OOC rivalry games that overshadow the in-conference rivalry games at most schools, a history that towers over UW’s (along with the overwhelming majority of other schools), and a location that’s in close proximity to really great recruiting grounds.

It’s also the alma mater and former long time employer of the coach in question.

So yeah, your post is hilariously misguided, though I suspect you’re really some schmuck in Auburn (or some other suburb) trying to troll.

[EDIT: Also, FWIW to anyone reading, Equity in Athletics numbers are directional at best as every school has different accounting practices.]

Last edited:
You do realize that Syracuse basketball is a top 5-10 job in the country, right? The ROI of being good while having a fan base that can pack 35k into a venue for a regular season game is such that it can out-spend UW into oblivion. It’s not close.

Furthermore, that gap is only growing with time as the ACC launches its network, and the PAC sees its network die a slow, painful death.

SU also has legitimate OOC rivalry games that overshadow the in-conference rivalry games at most schools, a history that towers over UW’s (along with the overwhelming majority of other schools), and a location that’s in close proximity to really great recruiting grounds.

It’s also the alma mater and former long time employer of the coach in question.

So yeah, your post is hilariously misguided, though I suspect you’re really some schmuck in Auburn (or some other suburb) trying to troll.

[EDIT: Also, FWIW to anyone reading, Equity in Athletics numbers are directional at best as every school has different accounting practices.]

Top 5-10? Smh

You do realize Seattle pumps out NBA dudes who go to Washington at a high rate when we are winning

Recruiting is a national thing now. Getting to Stewart to go to Washington proves that. Our roster next is going to have some dudes.

Top 5 to 10 program?

As long as you believe that —- and I’m sure you do —- you are going to be mystified by the process surrounding the hiring of any new coach.

Watching this tournament shows there are lots of good players, coaches and programs out there. Many are just as good as SU and some are better.

The world is changing. We used to be a dominant lacrosse program too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom