How we pull off the upset | Syracusefan.com

How we pull off the upset

Cuse House

All American
1) PC- can he play like he did in the first game and last night? We always seem to get a lot of offensive rebounds against Duke. Bolden is out, and who knows how Zion’s conditioning is going to fair after sitting out a month. Chewy needs to own the paint like he has shown he is capable of, albeit in spurts.

2) Oshae- he needs to play aggressive and not settle for 3’s. Get to the basket and draw fouls. If Oshae attempts more than 1 or 2 threes, our offense most likely is sucking.

3) Force Duke to shoot 3’s- Duke has not shot well against us from deep and this is probably the worst shooting team they’ve had. Pack the paint and rebound. If they beat us from 3 so be it.

4) Whoever isn’t being guarded by Jones is going to have to bring the ball up and limit turnovers. This is my major concern without Tyus, who will get our offense started? I believe Hughes will be bringing the ball up a lot tonight with Jones on Frank. Whoever it is, has to have a solid game.

It is a long shot, but that’s why they play the game. LGO!

1. Pregame, send a flu-infected gatorade bottle to Cam Reddish. Get him sick so he doesn't play.
  2. In the first 10 minutes, have Frank dive into Tre Jones and knock him out of the game.
  3. Swap out Zion's sneakers with the actual pair that broke.
  4. Report RJ Barrett for overstaying his student visa.

I think the x factor is O'connell. Barrett and Zion will score combined probably close to 60. If Mr. career high O'connell doesn't go off, we can win.

jones cant shoot - let him; barrett at the foul line - don't let him get layups - if he makes 15 footers (which he will, so be it - but no dunks or layups for him); o'connell - of course don't let him shoot WIDE OPEN - but not too optimisitic on that front; zion - will be amped to show he is "himself" and will look to be super-assertive, no doubt - use his likely aggression against him - let him shoot from outside - try to limit paint touches as much as possible; make duke pay for pressing, if they do ...by bypassing with outlet passes and then attack the rim. Chukwu needs to dominate the paint and he can - no stupid fouls when closing out a 3 or going over the back - same for dolezaj - they both need to be judicous and make their fouls count. sidibe will play too - might want to feed the post and try to get duke's bigs in foul trouble (if possible)

15 made 3's.

25 from Buddy and Hughes.

20 from Frank with less than 4 turnovers.

10 boards and zero shot attempts for Brissett.

15 Boards and 5 blocks from Chukwu.

5 charges taken by Marek against Zion.

Frank is Frank and injures Jones, Zion, or Barrett.

Jack White plays 25 plus minutes and takes 10 3's, making zero.

That should do it.

1. Take care of the ball, don't let Tyus Jones be disruptive
  2. Hit shots
  3. Don't let O'Connell repeat his performance - find him early and often
  4. Hit the boards -- capitalize on Bolden being out
  5. Oshae, get your head out of your butt and score inside
  6. Take the ball right at Zion and force him to move his feet -- foul his fat a$$ out
  7. Rotate guys [especially in the first half] so that we can ride our horses in the second
  8. Show no fear

Go watch the NCAA Tournament game from last March.
We out shot Duke.
We out rebounded Duke.
We lost the game by 4 because they had 9 more FT points and the biggest stat
Syracuse 16 turnovers
Duke 7 turnovers.

We lost to Duke in the tournament because of turnovers. Taking care of the ball will determine if we can win this game and not just compete.

Go watch the NCAA Tournament game from last March.
We out shot Duke.
We out rebounded Duke.
We lost the game by 4 because they had 9 more FT points and the biggest stat
Syracuse 16 turnovers
Duke 7 turnovers.

We lost to Duke in the tournament because of turnovers. Taking care of the ball will determine if we can win this game and not just compete.

Yeah the FT will be an issue. You know we aren't getting any calls.

I would not be surprised to See Buddy/Hughes or Howard in foul trouble as Greensboro will want to guarantee this game is over early so Zion is at full strength tomorrow.

Our X factor absolutely carries us. I’m talking about Jack White.
K broke a kids redshirt last game before putting White in. If he goes off tonight I might break my TV.

gilloolly tre

tumblr_lwfs28wQxW1qc1640o1_500.png

Yeah the FT will be an issue. You know we aren't getting any calls.

I would not be surprised to See Buddy/Hughes or Howard in foul trouble as Greensboro will want to guarantee this game is over early so Zion is at full strength tomorrow.

Wrong, after they have taken 20 more FTs than us and three of our starters have fouled out, we will get a ton of makeup calls !!!

Oshae needs to step up and be an alpha on the offensive end. Buddy needs to hit tough threes. Make RJ Barrett beat you. Don’t let the ball get to the high post especially if Zion is playing.

Basically y’all just need to score.

we have to score more than we did last night to have a chance

They have to play as well as they did in the second half last night. 73 points won't cut it against Duke with their Big 3. Everyone has to be on point tonight.

Double B goes full en fuego and drops 44 points on coach Ratchefski's bought and paid for mercenaries.

jones cant shoot - let him; barrett at the foul line - don't let him get layups - if he makes 15 footers (which he will, so be it - but no dunks or layups for him); o'connell - of course don't let him shoot WIDE OPEN - but not too optimisitic on that front; zion - will be amped to show he is "himself" and will look to be super-assertive, no doubt - use his likely aggression against him - let him shoot from outside - try to limit paint touches as much as possible; make duke pay for pressing, if they do ...by bypassing with outlet passes and then attack the rim. Chukwu needs to dominate the paint and he can - no stupid fouls when closing out a 3 or going over the back - same for dolezaj - they both need to be judicous and make their fouls count. sidibe will play too - might want to feed the post and try to get duke's bigs in foul trouble (if possible)
jones was garbage as I predicted.

chukwu and dolzaj couldnt stay out of foul trouble which was huge. hug impact on the game...thing is i dont think that thay can not foul...its in their dna.

zion came out possessed - bad luck for the orange - he was letting off that pent up emotion from the injury...hard to beat him going 13-13!! wow!!

wish su had 1 more center to throw 5 fouls at zion his free throws were garbage...

looking back, really wish oshae had gotten more actual post-up plays...he needed more than 7 shots or however many he took.

buddy shot okay but he really needed to shoot even more...he passed up a lot of shots for drives that lead to nothing/turnovers.

frank was awesome shooting but 6 turnovers is way too many...cut out like 5 of those and it is a different game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom