I got accepted to the Georgetown MBA program | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I got accepted to the Georgetown MBA program

Almost everyone here seems to be greatly overstating the level of antipathy for SU (and other schools) on behalf of the student base. I'll just leave it at that.

That's exactly what I'm saying. How much integrity are you expecting to see on this board? I have the maturity of an 8 year old.

I overshot with highly qualified. Should have said qualified, but I knew they would have received a great education.

My hiring discrimination practices also apply to Virginia Tech grads.

I have actually done the same thing ... sort of.

Years ago I was interviewing graduate students at Wharton School for a really plum Summer job with a top US Corporation.

One candidate in particular tried to wow me with his Liberal activist credentials. He had been active in this group and that group for this cause and that cause.

I sat and listened without reacting. But I kept thinking three thoughts. First, I wonder if this guy has any idea who he is talking to. Second, this guy's killing himself and he doesn't even know it. And third, how long is it to lunch.

Yessir. Back on the station side of the house again now. I was at HQ two weeks ago but it was in and out and didn't have time to drop by to see you.

Doing NASCAR in space with the station people, eh? It's all just left turns...

What do you do at NASA besides obliterating incoming earth ending asteroids with the help of Bruce Willis?

I mean you personally, not NASA in general.

I do strategic planning and oversight for human spaceflight at NASA HQ. HoustonCuse is another NASA guy too.

That's exactly what I'm saying. How much integrity are you expecting to see on this board? I have the maturity of an 8 year old.

I overshot with highly qualified. Should have said qualified, but I knew they would have received a great education.

My hiring discrimination practices also apply to Virginia Tech grads.

I will hire them but its a shorter leash. I fired a Hoya fan at the end of last year. In addition to underachieving at task, he was a tool, attempting to F with the boss about hoop. Also fired a VaTech staffer several years ago. A UConn grad left before I could fire her. Being a fan of a rival team is not yet a protected employment class under civil rights laws.

TWO OF YOU??? a rocket I want a space station... get to it.
You can have my seat on that thing.

There's just something about going off into space in a machine with 10,000 parts each one procured from the lowest bidder.

Seems lot a lot of work and money to just say "F.U" to Georgetown ... as gratifying as that might be.
I think you just answered your first question.

Respect for NASA increasing... innncreeeasing...

msb-fig1.gif

For some reason the combination of the non-labeled graph and the snoopy avatar made me laugh out loud really hard. well played.

Reactions: MCC
And told them to go to hell.

F*** Georgetown. Douchebags.
So, did you waste the application money knowing that you were going to decline, or did you invest the the application money for the chance to decline? Only 1 of these choices is a resume builder.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

You can certainly pick your friends. And my cousin nearly went to gtown. He still would have been my cousin, but my opinion of him would have changed.
I don't usually share this but my wife's uncle played hoops at Georgetown and is their Athletics Hall of Fame.

You can have my seat on that thing.

There's just something about going off into space in a machine with 10,000 parts each one procured from the lowest bidder.
where is your sense of adventure? Think we got this far playing it safe?

So, did you waste the application money knowing that you were going to decline, or did you invest the the application money for the chance to decline? Only 1 of these choices is a resume builder.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Was honestly looking at a few programs and it came down to free funding for GW or $114K and the price of my soul.

This thread is all over the place and wildly entertaining on many levels.

Very odd, I also notice their hoop player HOF seems awfully heavy towards the early part of the 20th century, and real light for their "glory years"
No Charles Smith, Gene Smith, Iverson, Perry McDonald, David Wingate,

Charlie Smith was found guily of vehicular manslaughter - in the early 90s' - after running over to BU students so I can see why he may have been left off the ballot. I also think he has had other run ins back in 2010. Maybe Graduating is a requirement... not sure as I did not study the list.

I just punched a beautiful bulldog in the face. Thanks a lot Georgetown.

And it hurt like he'll ..oh yeah...my birth mother is a Hoya but I am an Orange.

Was honestly looking at a few programs and it came down to free funding for GW or $114K and the price of my soul.
The correct answer was that it was an investment for a chance to stick it to the Hoyas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom