i love boeheim as much as anyone, but | Syracusefan.com

i love boeheim as much as anyone, but

orangehomer

All American
he has been getting circles coached around him in the last 6 weeks. we have 2 lottery picks and a 2nd team all American and we can barely score 60 points a game. the failure is not on the players its on the staff. playing zone is great and all, but having no plan b sucks. we have now pissed away a 1 seed down to a 4 seed and we will have to beat someone good just for a sweet 16. what a shame.

Dude is the best thing to ever happen to Syracuse but this is simply not one of his better efforts. I don't think it is blasphemy to say he has mismanaged this team. The guy is freaking awesome but he is capable of mistakes and the end of this season has been a big one.

Dude is the best thing to ever happen to Syracuse but this is simply not one of his better efforts. I don't think it is blasphemy to say he has mismanaged this team. The guy is freaking awesome but he is capable of mistakes and the end of this season has been a big one.
the team has been flat out bad since the clown show incident against duke. I initially defended his reaction, until he stated that he didn't realize how much time was left. huh? didn't realize how much time was left? the team has not played the same since, we keep running the same crap on offense without results, and our defense while good isn't good enough to win games.

the team has been flat out bad since the clown show incident against duke. I initially defended his reaction, until he stated that he didn't realize how much time was left. huh? didn't realize how much time was left? the team has not played the same since, we keep running the same crap on offense without results, and our defense while good isn't good enough to win games.

To be honest we have not played well or up to our talent since the win against Duke in the dome. It has been one giant, descending show ever since that game.

How does playing zone account for CJ shooting 3-16?
I'm saying he hasn't coached the offense well. CJ stunk. why is that, I don't know but he didn't get great shots. do you disagree that our offense has been terrible lately?

Aside from Ennis and Grant this is the worst collection of players since before Boeheim. Not sure how that's on the head coach unless you're referring to recruiting.

I'm saying he hasn't coached the offense well. CJ stunk. why is that, I don't know but he didn't get great shots. do you disagree that our offense has been terrible lately?
He didn't get great shots? Huh? How open does a player need to be? Fair is horrendous right now.

Our offense has been poor with the exception of FSU last week. That doesn't account for missing point blank shots.

It's not the zone. But in these parts of seasons where we auger in like the Hindenburg it is hard to forget his snide arrogance. He is the one who decided that a bench with a NJ state POY was so useless that it was below him to develop them. That led to him running 5 guys into the ground. 3 of the top 6 players are now fighting injuries of some sort (that we know of), and there is nobody to turn to.

Also, ever since coach has redoubled his efforts on the team mastering the zone, circa 2010, he has apparently completely stopped coaching offense at all. 2010 was the last year we had any kind of offensive strategy beyond 1-on-1 play.

As CJ goes, the offense follows. If CJ can't hit that 8-10' when he's open, we're in for a long day.

Our high ball screen offense with our bigs is worthless. Neither can take EVEN 1 dribble and hit a pull up jumper. The scheme against us is easy. Sag off stone hands and double CJ or Grant. Collapse 4 guys into the middle and face guard cooney. So easy to D us up. We have NOOOOOO shooters or dion finishers. Ennis can't finish in traffic. Too weak.

Aside from Ennis and Grant this is the worst collection of players since before Boeheim. Not sure how that's on the head coach unless you're referring to recruiting.
cj fair is a 2nd team all American, grant and ennis are projected lottery. worst collection of players what? that talent alone should beat a crap team like nc state

It's not the zone. But in these parts of seasons where we auger in like the Hindenburg it is hard to forget his snide arrogance. He is the one who decided that a bench with a NJ state POY was so useless that it was below him to develop them. That led to him running 5 guys into the ground. 3 of the top 6 players are now fighting injuries of some sort (that we know of), and there is nobody to turn to.

Also, ever since coach has redoubled his efforts on the team mastering the zone, circa 2010, he has apparently completely stopped coaching offense at all. 2010 was the last year we had any kind of offensive strategy beyond 1-on-1 play.

This is how I have felt for a couple of years now.

Last year we had Brandon who could finish and MCW who could finish. We have nothing like that this year. Patterson is closer to that than anyone on our team and he is stuck on the bench.

orangehomer said:
cj fair is a 2nd team all American, grant and ennis are projected lottery. worst collection of players what? that talent alone should beat a crap team like nc state

You need to look at this more closely. Really.

I think the offense has been a weakness all season. No depth. Past teams have had guys coming off the bench, this team has nothing on the bench to provide an offensive spark. We basically have 4 scorers on the entire team (Ennis, Cooney, Grant, Fair). We need scoring from 3 out of 4 of those guys every game, this game we only had Grant and Ennis and still almost won the game. Does anyone else on the team average more than 4 or 5 points? I don't think so. The bench was never developed because Boeheim coaches to win NOW and doesn't worry about later in the season. Losing Coleman didn't help either. He too was limited offensively but gave us a physical presence that this team is lacking.

The2-3PWN said:
Last year we had Brandon who could finish and MCW who could finish. We have nothing like that this year. Patterson is closer to that than anyone on our team and he is stuck on the bench.

Don't count on Buss. It should be a bumper sticker.

I'm sorry to argue with anybody I'm just disappointed to see the season go up in flames, I'm going to call it a night.

Our high ball screen offense with our bigs is worthless. Neither can take EVEN 1 dribble and hit a pull up jumper. The scheme against us is easy. Sag off stone hands and double CJ or Grant. Collapse 4 guys into the middle and face guard cooney. So easy to D us up. We have NOOOOOO shooters or dion finishers. Ennis can't finish in traffic. Too weak.
I guess that's why Ennis had 21pts. 6 assists and 4 steals tonight. Only 9 of that 21 were by 3 point shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom