i love boeheim as much as anyone, but | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

i love boeheim as much as anyone, but

why did he leave Rak in the game after he picked up his 3rd foul very early in the 2nd half?
awful decision but I think it underscored his lack of confidence in keita

Because Keita is terrible.
you have to be careful on the criticism of keita or cto will delete/ban. he is a fantastic guy and a tribute to the program, but has been a poor basketball player lately.

I think they played hard and energetic. They certainly came out sharp and aggressive. Missed a bunch of shots, lost confidence, and our offense went to s&$t. They pressed and panicked at the end. Ennis made bad choices.

We clearly need more players who can shoot, dribble, and score. No question. I believe that if JB saw this in practice then he would play these guys. We are stuck with what we have right now.

Played bad and lost, disappointing of course but I can live with it. What bothers me - and it bothered me in the SU at Duke game too but almost everybody here didn't care - is what happened at the end of the game when the outcome was still in doubt.

In this game, 24+ seconds left down 3 and we're basically playing like it's desperation time. With a HOF coach on the sideline, I'm looking for smarter decisions and play at the end.

I think what you wanted to say was, "I love Beohiem as much as anybody but , is it time he called it a career? ". Is it?

The offensive talent level of this group is extremely low. You can't force things that aren't able to happen.

The offensive talent level of this group is extremely low. You can't force things that aren't able to happen.

Right now we do have a few too many unskilled bigs. I like how we addressed this in 2015 bringing in some offensively skilled guys. I think the decision to go with Lydon over Derrick Jones was a smart move. It could have been made because we have seen how hard it's been offensively the past 2 years.

How does playing zone account for CJ shooting 3-16?
Because when you cut the head off the snake, you have rendered it incapable of harming you. If... and I say "if" the team or the team leadership (read CJ Fair) collectively lost confidence in JB or had the seeds of doubt or harbored animosity toward JB for depriving them of the opportunity to win the Duke game, it could constitute enough of a distraction to adversely affect the psyche of a player or players and thus affect their collective performance.

I don't think that's such a far fetched theory to not merit some consideration. Again, I'm not claiming it to be fact, just offering a possible correlation between JB's actions and another event (CJ shooting 3-16. Someone could contend, "how then do you explain CJ's great performances since the JB meltdown". I would then offer, " Perhaps CJ and others have vacillated between dis-empowering it and letting it affect them. Just putting that out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom