i love boeheim as much as anyone, but | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

i love boeheim as much as anyone, but

He didn't get great shots? Huh? How open does a player need to be? Fair is horrendous right now.

What do you mean by "right now" if you mean this game, I agree but he was great at FSU. Great.

cj fair is a 2nd team all American, grant and ennis are projected lottery. worst collection of players what? that talent alone should beat a crap team like nc state
Yes they should but they couldn't put the ball in the basket. It's just that simple folks. They had good shots and couldn't make them.
JB can't make the shots. He did give them the opportunity to get clean shots. They missed them. It's on the players not the coach.

How does playing zone account for CJ shooting 3-16?

Seriously. I mean, people seriously expect to win a game against a team when your star shoots 3-16?

The last sequence was embarassing, but Syracuse was lucky to be that close. If Fair is back to what he was pre this game (he was shooting real well before this stretch), this team can still make a run w/ Ennis and Grant.

It's not the zone. But in these parts of seasons where we auger in like the Hindenburg it is hard to forget his snide arrogance. He is the one who decided that a bench with a NJ state POY was so useless that it was below him to develop them. That led to him running 5 guys into the ground. 3 of the top 6 players are now fighting injuries of some sort (that we know of), and there is nobody to turn to.

Couldn't agree with this part more strongly if I had written it myself. Spot on.

(Less so about the not coaching offense part.)

cj fair is a 2nd team all American, grant and ennis are projected lottery. worst collection of players what? that talent alone should beat a crap team like nc state

Good point.

And do people understand what a terrible matchup Syracuse is for this mediocre State team? State's a bunch of average shooters, one scorer, and a horrific ballhandling team. This is the sort of group that your typical Syracuse team would trap and run on, getting a ton of steals and shooting 55% for the game. They're built to lose to us. And they outscored us over two games this season.

Maybe if your star didn't play 40 mins, he doesn't shoot 3-16?

The 40 minutes obviously hurt him against Florida State where he was 9-13

If you think he is fatigued, you should be psyched he has time to rest!

Ah, how does he take the shots? We had plenty of good shots and just didn't make them.

Indeed. We missed a lot of open looks, especially early in the game when we could have separated ourselves a bit. You could see their confidence growing by the half way point of the first half. State also shot a very high percentage from the floor, similar as GT did against us. Not sure what their final percentage was, but late in the game it was 49% Our offense just isn't good enough to win when teams shoot that high a percentage. Actually, as high of a percentage they shot, combined by our lousy FT percentage, kind of amazing we were one shot away from taking the game to OT.

The 40 minutes obviously hurt him against Florida State where he was 9-13

If you think he is fatigued, you should be psyched he has time to rest!

It's called a season of fatigue. Do you think LeBron James plays 48 mins a game, every game? Why not? He's the best player, no? Why not just play every min of every game?

Good thing we brought in a five man recruiting class so four of them could watch from the bench!

But hey, remember when we beat Indiana by 20? That was awesome.

It's called a season of fatigue. Do you think LeBron James plays 48 mins a game, every game? Why not? He's the best player, no? Why not just play every min of every game?

NBA has significantly more travel and much less time between games. If Syracuse was on the 2nd game of a back to back? Then yea, 40 minutes affected him. He had 4 days off...

No such thing as a season of fatigue. There is such a thing as nagging injuries caused by fatigue. If C.J. is healthy, then he should play 40.

And lets be honest, playing at our pace with the zone... C.J. plays about 35 minutes a night at most on normal teams.

Lebron averages 37.4 minutes a game, and ranks 6th in avg minutes played per game.

Behind Melo, Durant, and Harden.

Would love to hear someone ask Boeheim this in a press conference.

he has been getting circles coached around him in the last 6 weeks. we have 2 lottery picks and a 2nd team all American and we can barely score 60 points a game. the failure is not on the players its on the staff. playing zone is great and all, but having no plan b sucks. we have now pissed away a 1 seed down to a 4 seed and we will have to beat someone good just for a sweet 16. what a shame.

We cant beat a bad team right now bro.

Would love to see grant posted w his back to basket. Is that asking too much?

why did he leave Rak in the game after he picked up his 3rd foul very early in the 2nd half?

I don't expect freshman to contribute a ton, but outside of Ennis, this group + Gbinije has provided nothing. Plus Keita's regression and a 3rd year Cooney & Rak who are essentially replacement level.

I have zero idea how they were 25-0 at one point. My opinion after sitting through the Cornell games was, ugh, but then they snowed me for two months.

Yes they should but they couldn't put the ball in the basket. It's just that simple folks. They had good shots and couldn't make them.
JB can't make the shots. He did give them the opportunity to get clean shots. They missed them. It's on the players not the coach.
Finally someone with sanity

It's not the zone. But in these parts of seasons where we auger in like the Hindenburg it is hard to forget his snide arrogance. He is the one who decided that a bench with a NJ state POY was so useless that it was below him to develop them. That led to him running 5 guys into the ground. 3 of the top 6 players are now fighting injuries of some sort (that we know of), and there is nobody to turn to.

Also, ever since coach has redoubled his efforts on the team mastering the zone, circa 2010, he has apparently completely stopped coaching offense at all. 2010 was the last year we had any kind of offensive strategy beyond 1-on-1 play.
100% agree, been saying that for the last 6 games. You can't run them that hard, CJ was whipped. Then he takes out silent G, for 1-6 Cooney , that couldn't keep up with his man, bad wheel. And no TO

I actually was encouraged in the first half because I felt the team was playing faster and that augured well for the NCAAT. But when the rubber hit the road it seemed like every shot was in and out.

Seriously. I mean, people seriously expect to win a game against a team when your star shoots 3-16?

The last sequence was embarassing, but Syracuse was lucky to be that close. If Fair is back to what he was pre this game (he was shooting real well before this stretch), this team can still make a run w/ Ennis and Grant.

He shouldn't have been taking that many shots. Considering 2 of the 3 were dunks he was 1 for 14. He shouldn't have been the focal point on offense at any point after the 10 minute mark. Grant was the guy tonight and it didn't seem like he was even getting as many touches as he should have.

why did he leave Rak in the game after he picked up his 3rd foul very early in the 2nd half?

Did you want to see BMK in at that point? No problem with him leaving Rak in, don't think anybody thought or wanted him to get his 4th so quick.

Aside from Ennis and Grant this is the worst collection of players since before Boeheim. Not sure how that's on the head coach unless you're referring to recruiting.

Uhm... Whaaaaaat?!?

Did you want to see BMK in at that point? No problem with him leaving Rak in, don't think anybody thought or wanted him to get his 4th so quick.

so why take him out after the 4th?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom