If Grier, Sills Etc. Don't Play... | Syracusefan.com

If Grier, Sills Etc. Don't Play...

Doc5120

Starter
Does that take some of the luster out of the game for you? Honestly, it does for me. I want to play, and beat an at full strength WVU team. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to watch every second and be very into the game, but it would mean more if we were to win when they have their full compliment of players.

Does that take some of the luster out of the game for you? Honestly, it does for me. I want to play, and beat an at full strength WVU team. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to watch every second and be very into the game, but it would mean more if we were to win when they have their full compliment of players.

10 wins, 10 wins, 10 wins. No one will remember the circumstances.

I'm all about getting to 10 wins. And you're right - years down the road, no one will remember that. I'm talking about purely in the moment of the game. I feel good about beating a less than full strength WVU. I feel ecstatic about beating them when they have their best guys out there.

This is where I am. Maybe a few years down the road I will want to “prove our worth” against a full strength opponent but right now 95% of the benefit is getting 10 wins on the resume. Period.

Pile up the wins, continue to improve recruiting (get in the 20-30 range) and then we will have a legitimate shot at being a top 5 team once per recruiting class or so. It won’t be until that time that the opponent will matter. Until then, it’s all about quantity of wins.

Don't care. The W is a W, even in the end of this recruiting period, much less years from now when folks have forgotten what happened.

Would you feel better if Grier started but we knocked him out of the game, THEN beat the backup?

WV fans are already claiming ambivalence no matter who plays... Lost year where they should have been in the Big12 title game and made the playoffs... Big 12 not sticking up for them in the bowl selection process... Don't care about this 3rd tier bowl and don't expect the players will either..

In other words, if they lose, they didn't try and no one cares anyways...

Sounds like they have all the excuses lined up and need a little cheese with their whine...

Holgo will deffo have his team ready tho, I would think... regardless of what their delusional hillbilly fans think...

Last edited:
a win is a win is a win...they will still burn couches whether Grier plays or not...and their wife will still be their sister...

Big bowl watching party at Jimmy's house... beverages provided.

I hope both teams are at full strength and the game is well played, high scoring and very entertaining. And I hope that the food in the open air suite is free.

I want 10 wins and a win over WVU. The rest is gravy.

I hope both teams are at full strength and the game is well played, high scoring and very entertaining. And I hope that the food in the open air suite is free.

Im not sure how you define “well played” and “high scoring,” but I hope we beat them like a rented mule, stopping only to beat them more and harder. But a 70-0 beat down of what looks like a lost and confused WV high school would be A-ok in my book.

And I hope that the food in the open air suite is free.

Yea, good luck with that. Lol. Those sections seem similar to the ones at met life we’ve had. All I remember was the $11 roast beef sandwiches that my son insisted on having two of.

I want kids to do what is best for them.in this ridiculous NCAA system.

I don’t care what wvu puts out there. 10 wins and a big bowl win works for me.

We’ve seen the first round draft pick qb from WVU before, believe me they remember how that went.

I just want the W and top 20 opening ranking next season

It’ll be kind of anticlimactic but no one will remember anything besides Syracuse winning ten games in 2018.

just want to see the win total go from 9 to 10, I don't care who plays for WFVU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom