If you listen to JB he thinks we can win games….eventually | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

If you listen to JB he thinks we can win games….eventually

I was so upset/not caring (if that is a possible combination) in the post game thread, that I started posting WWE tag team theme songs from the 80's for no reason. Got in Strike Force, was about to post the theme song of the Rougeau's but then I stopped myself from hitting "reply", so that I didn't totally derail things.

That being said the Demolition theme song was awesome.
We don’t like heavy metal, we don’t like rock ‘n roll, all we like to listen to is Barry Manlow.
The all-American boys theme is a great troll heel theme.

We don’t like heavy metal, we don’t like rock ‘n roll, all we like to listen to is Barry Manlow.
The all-American boys theme is a great troll heel theme.

That and the handful of French sentences they blended in the song that were negative about the USA.

I know it’s not a tag team theme song, but “Real American” would be fitting for those who are upset.

When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside
You gotta take a stand, it don't help to hide
If you hurt my friends then you hurt my pride
I gotta lend a hand, it don't help to hide

I am a real American
I fight for the rights of every man
I am a real American
And fight for what's right
Fight for your life

Well, I stand strong about right and wrong
And I don't take trouble for very long
'Cause I got something deep inside of me
A courage is the thing that keeps me free

That and the handful of French sentences they blended in the song that were negative about the USA.
I know the portions of the song you are referring to but I don’t speak French so I had no clue they were insulting the USA.
It’s a heel theme anyway they would sarcastically wave those tiny USA flags representing the “move”.

Tuesday's game and the Georgetown games are must wins at this point.
Wait a minute...

Are you confident of an overall, committee-pleasing, season record, or are you implying things are desperate?

I know it’s not a tag team theme song, but “Real American” would be fitting for those who are upset.

When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside
You gotta take a stand, it don't help to hide
If you hurt my friends then you hurt my pride
I gotta lend a hand, it don't help to hide

I am a real American
I fight for the rights of every man
I am a real American
And fight for what's right
Fight for your life

Well, I stand strong about right and wrong
And I don't take trouble for very long
'Cause I got something deep inside of me
A courage is the thing that keeps me free
Lighten up. This is a message board. I can say the Pats will win the AFC East all I want, but it still needs to happen. It also means that it could piss people off when I say it.

It takes time for a zone to become instinctual, it is much better late in the year and in the tourney.
Maybe we can do something besides zone 100 percent of the time then. You don’t have to run one defense always in order to get better

Who is coaching Joe to raise his hands when the opposing guard is 8 feet away doing slo-mo jumping jacks until the other guy drives then he turns his body 90 degrees to get out of the way?
I was just thinking the same thing! Someone is actually telling him that's OK because he's done it since day one.

Who is coaching Joe to raise his hands when the opposing guard is 8 feet away doing slo-mo jumping jacks until the other guy drives then he turns his body 90 degrees to get out of the way?

Zero improvement on the defensive end in three years. Boeheim used to talk up his steals but that's not a great talking point this year.

No it isn’t. That’s accepting mediocrity
Cous is smart troll. He does it well.

So he says stuff to get reactions.
Sometimes he gets to me post but his routine is basically he wants to be a Loki and get reactions.
Other posters don’t want to elicit reactions I think he does.
He is good.

Cous is smart troll. He does it well.

So he says stuff to get reactions.
Sometimes he gets to me post but his routine is basically he wants to be a Loki and get reactions.
Other posters don’t want to elicit reactions I think he does.
He is good.
You're still trying to say that teams don't get better at offense and defense the longer they practice and play together? That's rather absurd,

Last edited:
Your still trying to say that teams don't get better at offense and defense the longer they practice and play together? That's rather absurd,
You talked about Syracuse history.
When you said what you did.
Most teams get better over the season. Syracuse historically under Boeheim has started the season strong because he coaches every game hard and his players typically are prepared for the season. Typical prototype Syracuse teams under Boeheim were finished products in November and did well in preseason tournaments as a result.

Our team this season will get better I believe as we need to hope for it anyway.
You were making a point by citing past history and you had the past history way off hence my post. Hope you had a good week.

Zero improvement on the defensive end in three years. Boeheim used to talk up his steals but that's not a great talking point this year.
Because he doesn’t have the other guy pressuring the ball and causing errant passes.

When he did that steals speech during the season last year...my hope was he was just saying it so the starter wouldnt lose confidence. Once he started repeatedly saying it in the offseason and preseason, I felt like he now believes the lie he told himself to explain his decision. He was never the better defender. It was preposterous and now we see it clear as day

When he did that steals speech during the season last year...my hope was he was just saying it so the starter wouldnt lose confidence. Once he started repeatedly saying it in the offseason and preseason, I felt like he now believes the lie he told himself to explain his decision. He was never the better defender. It was preposterous and now we see it clear as day

The stats showed Joe was inferior by a country mile. And I don’t care if whoever had to leave, but replacing the players we had with Joe and Symir is a borderline crime.

If we were playing to that standard, the same people would be complaining. I remember people calling for JB to be fired after we lost to Memphis in 2002.
Let's be accurate. Some of the same people would be complaining. Not all. There are always quacks. And let's also be reasonable. Fans are disappointed when their team has a disappointing loss. In 2009 I was disappointed when we lost to Oklahoma. I wasn't calling for JB to be fired and I don't know that I heard anyine else doing it.

So tell me, where in your mind is the bar for you to consider us as meeting the minimum standard of Syracuse basketball success?

I keep hearing this same refrain and I have to just ask, what can we do about it? So I won't be sorry when we make a run and I'm happy about it. I think we all know that we have to change. I think we all know that change is coming sooner or later. Sooner I think. But for those that claim that some are satisfied with just tourney runs, what can we do about it?
We can't do anything about anything. That's true about the football team too. So do we just smile and say everything is cool?

I'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy a fun tourney run when we have one. What I'm saying is that it, by itself, doesn't make up for our poor regular season performance and can't be used by itself to determine whether we are a good team. Enjoying a good run is not the same as being satisfied. Heck, we can't have a tourney run if we miss the tourney, which happens more now than any other time in the JB era.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom