If you listen to JB he thinks we can win games….eventually | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

If you listen to JB he thinks we can win games….eventually

It’s not a reaction just to JUST last year. Did you even read my posts? We don’t know if this is worse.

I have 6 years of posts after 5-10 games telling me the same fact thing you just posted. We were 0-4 one year in the ACC and 10-7 overall and made the FF. The same stuff was said then. You guys can’t re write history no matter how many times you try.

You can be frustrated about mediocrity without completely throwing in the towel.

I would say, who cares about this line between losing season and bubble team? Is that what you really care about? I want to actually be good, like a top ten program in all time wins should be with a HOF coach. At least occasionally. Competing for the conference, top 4 seeds. That’s not who we are anymore.

I would say, who cares about this line between losing season and bubble team? Is that what you really care about? I want to actually be good, like a top ten program in all time wins should be with a HOF coach. At least occasionally. Competing for the conference, top 4 seeds. That’s not who we are anymore.
So do I. That’s not the point. I’m calling out people who’ve made stupid assertions after 5-10 games every year and it’s clearly triggered some.

Unlike some I still enjoy seasons where we aren’t national championship caliber, but we still have big wins. Life is too short to complain all the time and that’s all that is cool around here these days.

I don't think the guys that transferred would have if the portal didn't open. The team would be stronger now if they hadn't.

Either he’s blowing smoke or he’s dumber than our fans. I know the posts here will most certainly say he’s dumber.

Again, not saying we will be great(even though people claim I said that in a different thread), but based on JB’s press conference he thinks we can win games and be competitive.

Curious to see how that happens. I do think the third game when we play our starters 40 hurt us yesterday especially with Buddy and Joe having absolutely zero legs.

Edwards and Buddy need to be the foundation. We need more out of Benny and the defense at least needs to get to somewhat average.

I still say we end up with at least 18 or 19 wins. This Is the same spot we were in the past 4 of the past seasons and we finished with 19, 18, 18 and 20 wins.

I commend the enthusiasm / confidence, but there is no way that this team will approach winning 19 games.

Past teams had defensive upside to fall back upon, and this team emphatically does not.

So while this confidence you're expressing is fine, I don't think you have a good grasp on what this team's limitations are.

I commend the enthusiasm / confidence, but there is no way that this team will approach winning 19 games.

Past teams had defensive upside to fall back upon, and this team emphatically does not.

So while this confidence you're expressing is fine, I don't think you have a good grasp on what this team's limitations are.
I do. We will see who’s right at the end.

Our defense hasn’t been good in 4 years.

The only variable left is Bourama coming back to spell Jesse. Maybe you move Frank down to forward for a few minutes for defensive purposes. Boeheim has stressed several times in pressers already the biggest failing we have on defense is getting to the corner jumpshot and that responsibility falls to the frontline. But given Bourama's history, expecting him to make a positive contribution is a big ask.

The defense can get better but I'm not sure the current crew can overcome their athletic limitations to get better enough to lift the burden of the offense. We've got to be red-hot shooting the ball and especially shooting the three to win any games. Not just tough games but any games.

I actually spent some time watching the defensive rotations and I just don’t get it. The ball side forward is sooooo high and soooo slow that it requires a mad rush for the 5 every time in the corner leaving your weak side forward as the lone rebounder. Possession after possession Auburn just attacked the board on that side jumping over Cole/JB/Benny. I don’t get it at all

Either he’s blowing smoke or he’s dumber than our fans. I know the posts here will most certainly say he’s dumber.

Again, not saying we will be great(even though people claim I said that in a different thread), but based on JB’s press conference he thinks we can win games and be competitive.

Curious to see how that happens. I do think the third game when we play our starters 40 hurt us yesterday especially with Buddy and Joe having absolutely zero legs.

Edwards and Buddy need to be the foundation. We need more out of Benny and the defense at least needs to get to somewhat average.

I still say we end up with at least 18 or 19 wins. This Is the same spot we were in the past 4 of the past seasons and we finished with 19, 18, 18 and 20 wins.
What's he supposed to say? I hand picked this team but we sort of stink? Our saving grace could be the dreadful ACC, but JB saying we could be good doesn't move the needle.

Right in the end?

I'm not the one doubling down on stupidity two consecutive days. But I suppose you had fun with your pollyanna-ish post from yesterday, after we beat ASU.

Newsflash for you: if Hurley hadn't been such a lousy coach, and had pressed us like he did the last 7 minutes of the game, we would have lost that one, too. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Did you see the Duke / Gonzaga game last night? Either of those teams would beat us by 30. It's a sad commentary that this is how far our program has fallen, that we lose to two non-P5 teams back-to-back, and some are chastising the fanbase for being objective about the product on the court.

My entire life our fanbase has enjoyed the consistency of death, taxes, and JB winning 20+. This year is something completely different -- and pretending otherwise is akin to burying your head in the sand.

Very unlikely we pull out of this tailspin, because we lack the personnel to do so.

Right in the end?

I'm not the one doubling down on stupidity two consecutive days. But I suppose you had fun with your pollyanna-ish post from yesterday, after we beat ASU.

Newsflash for you: if Hurley hadn't been such a lousy coach, and had pressed us like he did the last 7 minutes of the game, we would have lost that one, too.

My entire life our fanbase has enjoyed the consistency of death, taxes, and JB winning 20+. This year is something completely different -- and pretending otherwise is akin to burying your head in the sand.

Very unlikely we pull out of this tailspin, because we lack the personnel to do so.
I understand Rf but he is entitled to his opinion. And while our weaknesses seem too much to overcome, he is in his rights to let it all play out before he concedes. I on the other hand , have just about conceded my bet to Alsacs. But after we rout Nova and Duke...

Right in the end?

Newsflash for you: if Hurley hadn't been such a lousy coach, and had pressed us like he did the last 7 minutes of the game, we would have lost that one, too. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise. Did you see the Duke / Gonzaga game last night? Either of those teams would beat us by 30. It's a sad commentary that this is how far our program has fallen, that we lose to two non-P5 teams back-to-back, and some are chastising the fanbase for being objective about the product on the court.

I mean, this thread is essentially a passive aggressive continuation of the thread linked below, right?

https://syracusefan.com/threads/i-can’t-believe-we-lost-again-we-are-terrible-0-18-here-we-come.165193/

I understand Rf but he is entitled to his opinion. And while our weaknesses seem too much to overcome, he is in his rights to let it all play out before he concedes. I on the other hand , have just about conceded my bet to Alsacs. But after we rout Nova and Duke...

Sure -- he's entitled to his opinion.

But we're also entitled to push back on being told how moronic we are for disagreeing with his fantasyland take.

But we're also entitled to push back on being told how moronic we are for disagreeing with his fantasyland take.
Actually, after the last week and a half, I could use a little fantasy land take. For example, I think right now, we would crush the Zags. But, since we don't play them, we will never know.

oh, and while you are happy with this football game between Ohio St and Mich., I am unhappy. I can't stand harbaugh.

oh, and while you are happy with this football game between Ohio St and Mich., I am unhappy. I can't stand harbaugh.

Truthfully, I can't stand either of them. But being so close to OSU, seeing this makes my heart smile...

Lord I hope you’re right. This is getting painful. Continuity matters with the zone, and all our forwards, two of whom already have athletic limitations, are still learning the zone. Feels reminiscent of the 2016-17 Andrew White and John Gillon team, but less athletic.
Andrew White struggled, but he was better than Jr. and Swider.

28-20. Do you think Michigan feels comfortable with the lead?

28-20. Do you think Michigan feels comfortable with the lead?
I can't answer for them but I wouldn't. OSU has had troubles stopping them the whole game though.

Right in the end?

I never said we were great. I said we would be competitive. I said we would win 18-20 games. If you don't believe it that's fine. And who's comparing us to Duke/Gonzaga?

I'm not burying my head in the sand at all. I am not saying we will finish top 5 in the conference.

I wouldn't have went after people so hard if they would just admit they said the same things over the past 5 years and instead they said the same sht each of those previous years. Its absolutely ridiculous to me that people quit after 6 games when we have seen this movie over the past 6 seasons.

I mean, this thread is essentially a passive aggressive continuation of the thread linked below, right?

https://syracusefan.com/threads/i-can’t-believe-we-lost-again-we-are-terrible-0-18-here-we-come.165193/

It is. And if I am wrong have fun. The board has been wrong for 6 years. Every blind squirrel finds a nut eventually.

I like that proposed lineup. Symir hasn’t really earned the start but we really need his ball handling. I doubt it happens and the argument would be we can’t lose Jimmy’s rebounding but at least worth some game minutes to see how it works.

I think Benny needs to start for confidence building and to get him in the flow. Again, he hasn’t earned it but he offers a higher upside than Jimmy and he will get better defensively.

Cuse!
Jimmy brings rebounding, but he's also out of position half the time on defense. So, it's a trade off.

I never said we were great. I said we would be competitive. I said we would win 18-20 games. If you don't believe it that's fine. And who's comparing us to Duke/Gonzaga?

I'm not burying my head in the sand at all. I am not saying we will finish top 5 in the conference.

I wouldn't have went after people so hard if they would just admit they said the same things over the past 5 years and instead they said the same sht each of those previous years. Its absolutely ridiculous to me that people quit after 6 games when we have seen this movie over the past 6 seasons.
I will add that some people act as if they are the "real fans" because they "expect more" and are almost gleeful when something negative happens to prove them right. We can support the team and be optimistic/hopeful and still realize there are limitations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom