Incoming Portal Participants.. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Incoming Portal Participants..

Yeah, I'm just not convinced. And I can't find anything more recent on the Google to confirm one way or the other.

This year didn’t count against anybody’s eligibility.

So - IF you played, it was like you didn’t.
But - IF you didn’t play, it was also like you didn’t.

The ONLY WAY for Jimmy or any Ivy League player to have gotten a fifth year of ON THE COURT PLAY, would have been to play this last year.

They didn’t.
It’s gone.
Use it or lose it. He lost it.

He’s got ONE. MORE. YEAR. of on the court play remaining.

(and while - technically - he could RS for a year, who would actually do so when there’s unlimited free agency now??)

Last edited:
So you’re saying this year was a “use it or lose it.”
You couldn’t redshirt this year.
That is why a bunch of HS kids reclassified halfway thru this season and went to college early because this season didn’t count towards their eligibility.
Mac Ettienne went to UCLA halfway thru this year because he wouldn’t lose a year of eligibility.

We played Frank in early season games rather than RS him because there weren’t redshirts.

Jesse Edwards was a RS candidate early this year but there was no reason because this season didn’t count.

If kids could have RS and got another free year tacked on I bet a lot of kids would have done that.
So they could graduate and get free years for their grad degrees.

The ONLY WAY for Jimmy or any Ivy League player to have gotten a fifth year of ON THE COURT PLAY, would have been to play this last year.

They didn’t.
It’s gone.

(and while - technically - he could RS for a year, who would actually do so when there’s unlokited
Yeah, until I see it in writing, I'm going with the 6 to play 5.

I was on your team until I read that one from Capt.

That is why a bunch of HS kids reclassified halfway thru this season and went to college early because this season didn’t count towards their eligibility.
Mac Ettienne went to UCLA halfway thru this year because he wouldn’t lose a year of eligibility.

We played Frank in early season games rather than RS him because there weren’t redshirts.

Jesse Edwards was a RS candidate early this year but there was no reason because this season didn’t count.

If kids could have RS and got another free year tacked on I bet a lot of kids would have done that.
Yeah, but those were all kids who were able to make their own choice. Jimmy, and the rest of the Ivies, weren't. That's where the difference comes in, and why I think the NCAA will allow him 2 more. If he leaves Cornell. If he goes back to Cornell, he gets one more year per Ivy rules. Not sure if he'd be allowed to transfer and play a 5th season at that point.

But what the hell do I know?

I can’t even believe we are still debating this. Literally all you have to do is search on Google NCAA eligibility rules. It’s six to play five now
Then why would we have played Jesse or Frank when a RS was on the table for them.

Also Frank would try to get a medical RS this season so he could have 5 more years to play.

You don’t get an extra year if you RS or didn’t play.
This was a free season.

Yeah, until I see it in writing, I'm going with the 6 to play 5.

I was on your team until I read that one from Capt.

Nobody is getting “an extra year”.

It’s just that this last year did not count against their standard eligibility.

They didn’t change the rule to “six to play five”.

They changed it to:
the ‘20-21 season did not count as one of the FOUR that everybody gets.

Add Powell to offset losing Kadary and we're ready to rock up top

Nope. In the fall the NCAA granted additional year of eligibility to all students in winter sports. Jimmy has 6 years to play 5. He currently play all those years in the IVY.

Gardner and Powell are on the top of my list. Along with Kadary and Jesse staying
Kentucky board seems to think they are getting Powell to along with Grady, they also think they may get Carr as well. I guess Cal finally realizes you can win with all one and dones.

They changed it to:
Yeah, I've spent way too much time on this already. I think you're right, but considering the Ivy's weren't allowed to play, I think there may be additional allowances. Potentially.

They changed it to:
Yes they did.

Kentucky board seems to think they are getting Powell to along with Grady, they also think they may get Carr as well. I guess Cal finally realizes you can win with all one and dones.

LOL. Just because they are Kentucky does not mean they are automatically getting guys to go there to sit the bench. Also there's scholarship restrictions and unless he pushes people out they don't have a lot more room.

Nope. In the fall the NCAA granted additional year of eligibility to all students in winter sports. Jimmy has 6 years to play 5. He currently play all those years in the IVY.
Then players this season in conferences that played should have been allowed to RS to get an extra year on top of this season not counting.

Frank should get a medical RS.
This idea is crazy.

The Ivy League decided not to play.
This season didn’t count for their eligibility. So those player retain whatever eligibility they had left.

It literally makes zero sense they would get an extra year on top of what they already were. Then ALL PLAYERS THIS SEASON who played should have had the option to redshirt this season if they weren’t playing this year.

Find me a kid who was on a team that played this season that redshirted this year.

If Jimmy comes here next season, then that should be Boeheim's last year. Full stop.

He should leave with Buddy.

So 2 years. If JB holds on longer and it’s not because we’ve won a title or are dominant it will end ugly. He’ll quit mid season if he thinks he’ll be replaced at the end of the year to put the AD in the difficult spot of firing Red or Gerry without giving them a chance. Basically I can see JB doing anything he can to block an external replacement.

Under the table deal with Hop to replace JB after Buddy’s senior year is what I want.

Why wouldn’t Brycen Goodine want to sit out and RS and get an extra on top of this season not counting towards his clock of eligibility.
Rather than be buried on the deep bench.

Kids can RS if they play less than 25% of the games.
Nobody redshirted this season in all of college basketball.

LOL. Just because they are Kentucky does not mean they are automatically getting guys to go there to sit the bench. Also there's scholarship restrictions and unless he pushes people out they don't have a lot more room.
Agree, I was posting to let everyone know that Kentucky thinks they are getting all the top transfers. I agree with LOL.

They didn’t.
It’s gone.

(and while - technically - he could RS for a year, who would actually do so when there’s unlimited free agency now??)

Dude they might give him an extra year he could have played this year but was unable to through no fault of his own.

We’ll see a year from now what happens with Ivy League juniors. Everyone is getting 5 because of corona so Ivys might as well it’s just bumped a year.

The 6 years to play 5 applies to kids who already got a RS or medical RS and this season didn’t count towards their eligibility.

So kids who play 5 years have the option to redshirt in the future and not lose a year.

Dude they might give him an extra year he could have played this year but was unable to through no fault of his own.

We’ll see a year from now what happens with Ivy League juniors. Everyone is getting 5 because of corona so Ivys might as well it’s just bumped a year.
Why couldn’t kids that played this year then redshirt during this season?
What was the point of not announcing Frank was taking a medical RS after his injuries and the Covid shutdown?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom