Girard
Buddy
Benny
Swider
Edwards

Torrance
Jimmy Jr
Frank
I would guess Swider would not start if he came here. At any rate I would say I'm pessimistic about that lineup.

does he still have the cheerleader girlfriend? that kept me coming back to SU. ok, I didn't have a cheerleader girlfriend, but Varsity pizza kept me coming back, does that count?
Varsity pizza is one great reason yes. And he does still have the cheerleader girlfriend but she graduated. I think if Q doesn't come back, get ready for some begging of Marek on our part.

So how do people feel about:

Girard
Buddy
Benny
Swider
Edwards

Torrance
Jimmy Jr
Frank
Need at least one guy who can beat someone off the dribble. The only one in that lineup who might be able to do that is Benny. I’m afraid people are building up Benny so much that they’re expecting him to be Melo. Think he’ll be good, but can’t expect him to come in and dominate

I’d love to see Autry and Griff go overseas and look for a stud PG and a forward or big man from Europe. Follow the Gonzaga model. Gonzaga did very well building a European pipeline. I wish we’d build off of our development of Marek and hopefully now Jesse and try to recruit over there. It could really set us apart from other ACC programs.
We will not have another point guard who will get minutes like Kadary did, this is Joe’s show the next 2-3 years.

Need at least one guy who can beat someone off the dribble. The only one in that lineup who might be able to do that is Benny. I’m afraid people are building up Benny so much that they’re expecting him to be Melo. Think he’ll be good, but can’t expect him to come in and dominate

The issue is where does that guy play? PG, SG, and SF are already spoken for. Jesse is probably going to be our starting C, and even if he wasn't, our C isn't going to be the one that takes their man off the dribble consistently. PF probably won't be it either.

Realistically, you have to hope for improvements from Girard and particularly from Buddy. We don't need them to be like Kadary where they can beat their man any time they want, but if Buddy expands his game a bit or gets his jumper a little quicker or handle a little tighter, he should be able to get shots he's comfortable with on a consistent basis. Girard will likely need to get more comfortable using ball screens to manipulate the defense and hopefully get comfortable putting his man in jail to open up a floater game/easy dropoff pass to the roller.

Last edited:
That’s a lineup that puts up 80 points per game and gives up 80 points per game.

I’d be very very very pleasantly surprised if that lineup put up 80 points per game.

he shouldn’t be playing a lot here.
s-l1000.jpg

gotta love that JB's way of pounding the portal is exclusively reaching out to prior recruits. it's like his phone has maxed out the number of contacts it can hold
phone call ? more like shouting upstairs "hey wally and beev come down here" i got an idea !

gotta love that JB's way of pounding the portal is exclusively reaching out to prior recruits. it's like his phone has maxed out the number of contacts it can hold
It’s probably an old nokia so this isn’t out of the question.

I was thinking that too.

"Hmmm, any of these portal kids want to go here before, play AAU with Buddy or Joe, or related to me? If so, contact them."

Otherwise, too much work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom