Incredible comeback for a young, relatively inexperienced team | Syracusefan.com

Incredible comeback for a young, relatively inexperienced team

RF2044

Living Legend
Hats off to young'uns Ennis, Gbinije, and Grant for stepping up and rising to the occasion. Thought we were toast down 15 in the second half.

This was a good, good team we played tonight. A really experienced team. And we found a way to out tough them down the stretch. And we pulled it out with our best playing sitting for the last 6+ minutes of regulation.

This was a great test for our team.

I think it says a lot about our grit. I'm very excited about our potential this year.

Damn.

Hats off to young'uns Ennis, Gbinije, and Grant for stepping up and rising to the occasion. Thought we were toast down 15 in the second half.

This was a good, good team we played tonight. A really experienced team. And we found a way to out tough them down the stretch. This was a great test for our team.

I think it says a lot about our grit. I'm very excited about our potential this year.

Damn.

I was really impressed with Ennis' guts, Grant's flat out leadership and talent down the stretch, and yes, Cooney played a very important role and hit some big buckets down the stretch too. Down 15, it sure didm't look good, I agree. Kinda felt like a tournament game. That was FUUUUUUN.

That was seriously enjoyable to watch. Best "cupcake" ever! A thanks and a tip of the hat to Kuh-nay-duh!
Some of those guys looked like they were 30 something and there was a Princeton vibe with the backdoor plays.

I'm concerned with Roc and DC. They've shown zero improvement thus far. If/ when Roberson is cleared, he may get more than a few minutes.

imo,I think both are going to take big strides this year. Rak is like a freshmen offensively he hasn't done alot in the past but is driving from the right block in the midpost and pulling up. Same with DC2, they both drove and charged, DC2 puts his head down when he shouldn't here and ther.
They might not score much this season but are going to get alot of valuble experience that the didn't get the last 2 years that will make a noticable difference for next year.

Rak played some tough D in the second half blocking shots as did Keita. Carlton ran out of shots from the perimeter during our comeback. Great Great! job by our guys not to leave scrubb and that other white guy open while sliding on the perimeter down the stretch and overtime.

rak and dc dont have to be dominate - they just need to be serviceable. If beast is cleared we have adequate front court firepower. like in 03- maybe our 5's arent much but they do enough and when they have good games it just makes us that much better.

rak and dc dont have to be dominate - they just need to be serviceable. If beast is cleared we have adequate front court firepower. like in 03- maybe our 5's arent much but they do enough and when they have good games it just makes us that much better.

Yeah, but what about all the talk about the best front court in America? Roc and DC being serviceable would still equate to an elite front court because of CJ and Grant?

Yeah, but what about all the talk about the best front court in America? Roc and DC being serviceable would still equate to an elite front court because of CJ and Grant?

Don't forget about Keita.

Our post scoring is going to come from Grant.

I'm concerned with Roc and DC. They've shown zero improvement thus far. If/ when Roberson is cleared, he may get more than a few minutes.
Btw, look at Malachi, 6'5+ on the far left thinking, yeah Tyler.
-80645107bd5adb19.jpg

grant , cj and beast still makes it elite imho- even if its almost elite- ennis makes our backcourt solid so it certainly rounds out well. i am not saying i am thrilled about roc and dc2 not looking better but i don't think it kills this teams ceiling.

Gotta love the fact that it's August and I was sitting on the edge of my sofa yelling!
I had a boatload of fun watching that game. Football season is a week away and then back to basketball. Go Cuse!

I didn't forget about the Beast. See me first post in this thread.
Sounds like a
teacher: Mr. Johnson, please see me. First post in this thread!
johnson: you want me to go where?
One of the best in a while!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom