Is .500 in serious jeopardy? | Syracusefan.com

Is .500 in serious jeopardy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZOrange

Living Legend
I can’t even believe we are having the discussion but as I look at the remaining schedule I only see 5 realistic “should be” wins. Pittx2, wake x2 and BC.

This is shaping up terribly

I can’t even believe we are having the discussion but as I look at the remaining schedule I only see 5 realistic “should be” wins. Pittx2, wake x2 and BC.

Assuming Ga Tech doesn't get rescheduled, we have 16 remaining games.

Need 8 wins, plus 1 in the ACCT just to be .500

9 wins would be better.

Wake will easily beat us Saturday. We’ll be lucky to split with Pitt. When you can’t stop people it’s hard to win.

Wake is a decent team this season. I'm looking at BCx2, Pittx2, and NC State.

But NC State is probably a push.

Yes, and has been from the beginning.

Despite the pushback that some of us were given for ringing the alarms early on in the season. It was pretty obvious from the jump that this was the least athletic team we'd fielded perhaps ever, that defense and rebounding were going to be challenges, that depth was poor, and that bench scoring was going to be non-existent.

And all of those issues have unfortunately manifested. Predictably.

Last edited:

Despite the pushback that some of us were given for ringing the alarms early on in the season.

VCU was the eyebrow raise, Colgate was the flashing yellow, Georgetown was the slowly blinking red and then everything when straight red after that.

I hate it's happening with both his boys on the team but this probably needed to happen at some point as we have played with fire /flirted with disaster the past 7 sevens. Right now what happens next matters a lot more than what is happening now.

Didn't Wake just beat up on FSU? They're pretty solid.

There will be a couple more "how'd they do that" wins like Indiana, but those might be tempered by a WTH loss to Pitt or BC.
Other than Duke or Unc who would even be a wth win?

Despite the pushback that some of us were given for ringing the alarms early on in the season. It was pretty obvious from the jump that this was the least athletic team we'd fielded perhaps ever, that defense and rebounding were going to be challenges, that depth was poor, and that bench scoring was going to be non-existent.

And all of those issues have unfortunately manifested. Predictably.
What’s been amazing is that they can’t fix it. And the reason he can’t is because it involves his kids.

I haven't truly been nervous this late in the year ever before. To be direct, it is in jeopardy and I'd be surprised if we made it.
Agreed. First time I've ever felt it as a real possibility. I still don't necessarily expect it to happen, but it's absolutely more legitimate this year than in 46 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom