It turns out, we were all wrong | Syracusefan.com

It turns out, we were all wrong

I laugh like once a day since yesterday’s presser and my depression level on or around the Thanksgiving holiday.
My depression level isn't anymore once I began evaluating players today who are taking OV's this weekend and others who are decommitting. I feel a weight has been removed from my back and the more I see it the more I think we will return to the days I so enjoyed when Paul Pasqualoni was the HC and Donovan McNabb was the QB. I think we can do that. :)

I’m hoping that HcFB will find a place for Coach P on his staff so that we all get a chance to show him our appreciation for what he did while he was our guy. Long over due!
Special advisor role. And honored at a game has to happen.

Hope he lobbies to get LQA 44.

Is Floyd’s grandson still with us as a walkon? Their position was utterly ridiculous but I don’t want to call out anyone still in the program.

Special advisor role. And honored at a game has to happen.

Hope he lobbies to get LQA 44.

Is Floyd’s grandson still with us as a walkon? Their position was utterly ridiculous but I don’t want to call out anyone still in the program.
I don’t think he was ever with the program as a walk-on. I don’t think he even played after high school.

Hopeful we can get the number reinstated now that that nonsense is behind us.

So we're sure it's not Mullen.
Pick Up Waiting GIF by DanceCode

And we have to own that. It turns out, we can have nice things
I knew were were in trouble as a fan base when people were vocally defending the obscure JUCO’s we were adding late in the recruiting cycle last year after losing our 2 best HS recruits. Adding guys that little if any other programs want out of the JUCO ranks isn’t a good direction and generally isn’t going to work out well.

The expectations had gotten to the point that as long as Dino won 5-7 games and had recruiting classes in the 50’s then that was the best we could hope for.

Which is a stark contrast to the direction of the program in 2018 - we won 10 games, we were ranked #15 to end the season and we were incredibly close to qualifying for the ACC championship that year. Our recruiting at the tail end of the 2019 class following that season was very strong (prospects like Kpogba, Mikel Jones, Cornelius Nunn, all big time legit power program targets, 4 stars etc). It seemed coming out of that season that we were back, then followed it up with frustrating 5-7 season that killed all that momentum.

The best thing about Fran is that he’s showing that, at least recruiting wise, that it can be done here by the right guy who uses his resources effectively, works his ass off and is relentless.

My depression level isn't anymore once I began evaluating players today who are taking OV's this weekend and others who are decommitting. I feel a weight has been removed from my back and the more I see it the more I think we will return to the days I so enjoyed when Paul Pasqualoni was the HC and Donovan McNabb was the QB. I think we can do that. :)
Yes… this was exactly what I was saying. I was depressed when we were all depressed when we thought Wildhack “droppped the bag” with Dan Mullen. And this forum wanted him fired.

And then… Dan Mullen was never a candidate.

And then…. Fran brown changed this atmosphere instantaneously like we have never ever seen.

That’s why I have laughed everyday since yesterday (which is just a funny joke of 2 days… but will continue to laugh) at my depression over that thanksgiving weekend.

And that depression was UNANIMOUS to say the very least… so if you are denying it. You are a proven LIAR.

I'm convinced that Wildhack planned this all along, knowing that we needed a recruiting upgrade, hire a bunch of top recruiters that can obviously coach and recruit. What clued me off was the Nunzio hire. Started the incoming push of Jersey guys...Just like coach Brown has a plan, Wildhack had a plan and here we are.

I knew were were in trouble as a fan base when people were vocally defending the obscure JUCO’s we were adding late in the recruiting cycle last year after losing our 2 best HS recruits. Adding guys that little if any other programs want out of the JUCO ranks isn’t a good direction and generally isn’t going to work out well.

The expectations had gotten to the point that as long as Dino won 5-7 games and had recruiting classes in the 50’s then that was the best we could hope for.

Which is a stark contrast to the direction of the program in 2018 - we won 10 games, we were ranked #15 to end the season and we were incredibly close to qualifying for the ACC championship that year. Our recruiting at the tail end of the 2019 class following that season was very strong (prospects like Kpogba, Mikel Jones, Cornelius Nunn, all big time legit power program targets, 4 stars etc). It seemed coming out of that season that we were back, then followed it up with frustrating 5-7 season that killed all that momentum.

The best thing about Fran is that he’s showing that, at least recruiting wise, that it can be done here by the right guy who uses his resources effectively, works his ass off and is relentless.
That was certainly peak madness. Usually the recruiting people get fired up with any name willing to say Syracuse. Now we have a reason to!

I'm convinced that Wildhack planned this all along, knowing that we needed a recruiting upgrade, hire a bunch of top recruiters that can obviously coach and recruit. What clued me off was the Nunzio hire. Started the incoming push of Jersey guys...Just like coach Brown has a plan, Wildhack had a plan and here we are.
Most Rutgers fans are in denial right now. The wall on the NW side of Jersey has a huge pipeline just opened to the 315.

I think the Dan Mullen thread was in fact a grand sociology experiment by a group of SU grad students to study herd mentality. Their next experiment will be to spread a rumor that new and expanded pee troughs will be installed in the Dome.

I actually don't think Wilkhack had anything to do with the plan really. I think Nunzio was likely hired by Babers mostly for Jersey connections. That worked out well. Then Fran approached Wildhack after Babers was let go and laid out the plan he had. Wildhack liked what he heard. It seems like Fran was working this plan for a while now and was likely looking for it to be at a NE school, not sure Syracuse specifically but seems he at least had us on his list. He had a vision to make a dominant program in the East. We hit the jackpot. Who would have guessed that would happen? Fran Brown was nowhere on anyone here's radar as a head coach. Wonder if he ever thought about doing it a Rutgers and they said no or the timing just wasn't there. I certainly like to think that he just preferred to do it at Syracuse instead of in PissScataway. He knows that we are being run much better with Wildhack we have a better history etc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom