Jawhar Jordan | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jawhar Jordan

He can’t catch down field. Inconsistent hands. That’s what I was told by people in the know. Scat back is his best option.
Wow didn’t realize that - even further limiting. Makes sense though now as to why that never really came to fruition. Seems like a natural fit for a guy with his frame/speed but if he can’t catch then not going to work.

He can’t catch down field. Inconsistent hands. That’s what I was told by people in the know. Scat back is his best option.
Then he isn't going to play at Louisville either, their Running backs ate a big part of the passing game.

As a Jordan stan, while it was awesome seeing Tucker emerge, it was immensely frustrating seeing us run Jordan directly into a pile of fat guys play after play, and then put Tucker in and have him run off tackle and get tosses where he could get in space.

We used him wrong.
That’s true but Tucker is physically way way ahead of jordan as well.

I’ve never understood the infatuation with this kid. He is fast, but that’s it. He did nothing at SU and why are we even talking about him?
The infatuation came from the 4 games he saw time in during his redshirt year. He showed big play ability nobody else on the roster had. For some reason people seem to think we don't need that now that we have Tucker, but I've never seen a good team that had only one big play guy. Hopefully some of the new guys or young guys that haven't seen much time yet can provide that.

I’ve never understood the infatuation with this kid. He is fast, but that’s it. He did nothing at SU and why are we even talking about him?
People liked the potential he showed. When you are a 4/5 win team can you blame fans for being excited for what they saw? Plus that 3 and half game stretch in 2020 is not a fair way to assess him. Worse line in college football.

I was a big fan of Jawhar just based off of hope as we were lacking speed and needed something explosive. He showed some of that early on as a back-up RB change of pace guy. Unfortunately in 2020 we found out he wasn't great at making people miss in the backfield in traffic, which there was a lot of at that time in the Syracuse offense and he couldn't put on the necessary muscle to be an every down back. I mean he is still listed at 5'-10" 180 lbs on the Louisville website. Price is listed at 5'-10 and 198 lbs and is pretty fast as well. That is a big difference. Love that Tucker emerged and there was no doubt he was going to be the workhorse moving forwards. Like our RB room right now. Not a lot of bodies but they all seem like they should be able to produce.

That explains so much. Could not understand why the staff didn't run some plays to throw it to him out in space in the flat, in the middle of the field, etc.

What a shame. He could really do damage if he could catch the ball well.

That explains so much. Could not understand why the staff didn't run some plays to throw it to him out in space in the flat, in the middle of the field, etc.

What a shame. He could really do damage if he could catch the ball well.
Lets hope he doesnt figure out how to catch when he plays vs SU lol. Yeah, I think people see size and speed and assume it can transition somewhere else. Not every short fast kid can play in the slot. There's a lot more to the position.

Lets hope he doesnt figure out how to catch when he plays vs SU lol. Yeah, I think people see size and speed and assume it can transition somewhere else. Not every short fast kid can play in the slot. There's a lot more to the position.
He seems like a good guy and I wish him well. Almost all the time...

;)

Milk is not only spilled, but old and gross. No need to cry about it.

Tucker is here, is really really good. Set to enjoy his last year on the hill very much.

Exactly.

In addition, I was impressed with our other RB’s during the Spring game. We are not hurting in that aspect of the game at all.

A guy transferred. Long since time to move on from it.

Sent to me by his mom, but then I also saw it posted elsewhere. He is doing pretty well. Started last week against Fl. State. Had over 100 yards rushing. Also some receiving yards.
jawhar week 3.jpg

Gave up on Dino too soon and now he’ll have a new coach next season. Hope they make a good hire

Too bad we couldn’t hang on to this kid. Prob will be one of the best backs in the country next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom