Jawhar Jordan | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jawhar Jordan

From what was said by people in the know at the time, he was told he was going to play. It wasn't a question of playing time. I think he lacked confidence that the oline was going to get fixed and decided to go somewhere he thought gave him a better chance for success.

His departure stung for me because there are teams all over the country that have numerous dynamic players. The idea of having both him and Tucker on the same team felt like we were finally moving in that direction.
Well said.

From what was said by people in the know at the time, he was told he was going to play. It wasn't a question of playing time. I think he lacked confidence that the oline was going to get fixed and decided to go somewhere he thought gave him a better chance for success.

His departure stung for me because there are teams all over the country that have numerous dynamic players. The idea of having both him and Tucker on the same team felt like we were finally moving in that direction.
Think he’d be maybe third string on our team now if not switched to slot

Think he’d be maybe third string on our team now if not switched to slot
I'm not so sure. I think he's a better RB than that. His best role would be a jack of all trades like Tavon Austin. Fwiw, it was said Dino flew to Arizona twice to talk him into coming back and told him he'd start.

I can see why he would be behind Tucker. Why do you think he would be third string?

I'm not so sure. I think he's a better RB than that. His best role would be a jack of all trades like Tavon Austin. Fwiw, it was said Dino flew to Arizona twice to talk him into coming back and told him he'd start.

I can see why he would be behind Tucker. Why do you think he would be third string?
Experience as a starter on his previous team, more game-ready IMO. Maybe not if he has trouble learning the offense.

Sean Tucker’s a top 3 rb nationally and Price was a 700 yd 10 TD guy last year. Price nearly had 1000 APY

With Allen coming in as NJ POY and displaying the talent he has, I think Jordan’s third string at best. Thats not an insult or bitterness, our RB room is talented

Sean Tucker’s a top 3 rb nationally and Price was a 700 yd 10 TD guy last year. Price nearly had 1000 APY

With Allen coming in as NJ POY and displaying the talent he has, I think Jordan’s third string at best. Thats not an insult or bitterness, our RB room is talented
I think it's premature to say a freshman would automatically be better than him. I see Price as similar to Jordan but not as fast. I don't think his production elsewhere means much when comparing them. We really have no idea how good Jordan may have been here. He got the crap beat out of him in the short time he played for a crappy OC behind a crappy oline.

Experience as a starter on his previous team, more game-ready IMO. Maybe not if he has trouble learning the offense.
That would not have been the case had Jordan stayed. He would have had plenty of experience. Remember, we're talking about where he would be on the depth chart if he was still here.

That would not have been the case had Jordan stayed. He would have had plenty of experience. Remember, we're talking about where he would be on the depth chart if he was still here.
Size and skill set wise he belongs in the slot and as a returner. I think you can only situationally use him as a RB best case scenario anyway.

He’d be behind Tucker and Price and would probably have started the season #3 with the coaches putting him in the slot to get him on the field similar to Erv Phillips. Which is who he reminds me of build/skill set wise. Difference was Erv embraced a role best suited for his size and skill set and Jordan didn’t appear to want to do that here.

Would they have even brought in Price if Jordan had stayed at RB for Cuse?

Size and skill set wise he belongs in the slot and as a returner. I think you can only situationally use him as a RB best case scenario anyway.

He’d be behind Tucker and Price and would probably have started the season #3 with the coaches putting him in the slot to get him on the field similar to Erv Phillips. Which is who he reminds me of build/skill set wise. Difference was Erv embraced a role best suited for his size and skill set and Jordan didn’t appear to want to do that here.
I'm surprised people think it is a foregone conclusion that he would be behind Price. Despite his size, there was talk he was going to be the 2020 starter ahead of Adams and Howard before they opted out. It's not as if Price tore it up where he was. He ran for 692 yards last year and 888 yards total. Those are solid numbers but not much more, especially for a 12 game starter, and it was against a weak schedule. He was a nice get, but there's nothing about him that screams that he is better than Jordan. Maybe he will be, but it's far from a sure thing.

I'm surprised people think it is a foregone conclusion that he would be behind Price. Despite his size, there was talk he was going to be the 2020 starter ahead of Adams and Howard before they opted out. It's not as if Price tore it up where he was. He ran for 692 yards last year and 888 yards total. Those are solid numbers but not much more, especially for a 12 game starter, and it was against a weak schedule. He was a nice get, but there's nothing about him that screams that he is better than Jordan. Maybe he will be, but it's far from a sure thing.
When Jordan actually shows he can be an every down running back this discussion can continue. He should have stayed and been in the slot. If he has any ambition to play at the next level he needs to be at another position.

When Jordan actually shows he can be an every down running back this discussion can continue. He should have stayed and been in the slot. If he has any ambition to play at the next level he needs to be at another position.
As I said previously, I agree he should have stayed and been our jack of all trades. Saying that, however, is far different than saying he would have been, at best, our third string RB. Playing in the slot while Tucker was in the game, taking 5-10 second string carries, and returning kicks would've been perfect.

Talk from who that Jordan would start?

And you do realize Price averaged 5.1 yards per carry for one of the worst teams in college football? That’s pretty impressive.

Price has actually done it. Jordan is all what ifs and possibly’s after 3 years. I’ll stick with what I said about Price being ahead of him on our depth chart. Jordan is a slot guy. He’s not a feature back.

Last edited:
He hasn’t and he likely won’t because he doesn’t have the frame to be an every down back. 3 years in and he doesn’t have the frame yet to do that. There’s a reason he’s being used primarily as a returner at L’ville.

Last edited:
Jawhar hasn’t yet shown the ability to be a full time back. I also don’t think he’s a slot. He is a scat back special teams guy who is capable of making explosive plays at times. He has to stay healthy though. Other talented and durable backs have passed him up at Louisville as well. Trevion Cooley is one of them. I like our RB room more. Its one of the best in the Acc. Price and Allen still have to prove they can do it at the Acc level. I want a full dose of Tucker but I hope they can step in well when needed.

If we had todays coaching staff he wouldn't have left.

Talk from who that Jordan would start?

And you do realize Price averaged 5.1 yards per carry for one of the worst teams in college football? That’s pretty impressive.

Price has actually done it. Jordan is all what ifs and possibly’s after 3 years. I’ll stick with what I said about Price being ahead of him on our depth chart. Jordan is a slot guy. He’s not a feature back.
I remember reading someone on here that was close to the family was told by the family that's what Dino told them. If you think that poster or the family was lying, that's fine.

Yes, I realize what his stats are. I think those stats mean he can contribute. They don't say much more at this point. Listen, I'm not saying he's bad. I'm saying the evidence we have isn't strong enough to say with certainty he's better than Jordan would have been. There was a reason Dino waited so long to get Jordan on campus and tried so hard to keep him. I believe some of the takes on here are tinged with some jilted boyfriend emotion.

If we had todays coaching staff he wouldn't have left.
I agree. And we'd be excited about what he could do instead of trying to put him on the bench.

One of the most over-hyped players in the last decade here with little to merit that hype, which is not a shot at the player. That said, needed to give him more half back dives for 1 yard.

He's our Chuck Norris.

If only Cali had been around to experience this. I'm sure he's frantically typing away at that big syracusefan in the sky.

Would they have even brought in Price if Jordan had stayed at RB for Cuse?
Probably. The staffs shown they’re not afraid to upgrade positions/depth via the portal. Price has shown more ability than Jordan

Probably. The staffs shown they’re not afraid to upgrade positions/depth via the portal. Price has shown more ability than Jordan

Jordan struggled to make it back to the line of scrimmage when he got carries Tucker comes in and is the best RB in CFB off the bat (he has been the best when you consider the other big gainers are at OL factories where anyone would do well.)

Price is a good grab you want someone proven. I don't love getting our skill position transfers from UTEP and NMSU and am not sure he'll be #1 when Tucker leaves but we'll have an idea of what we have before we get there. If the passing game improves we aren't going to have that many carries to spare Sean is expecting to get fed the rock he didn't come back to split carries.

I don't blame Jordan for leaving he didn't perform at all when he was given a chance and the guy who got a shot after him is the best RB in CFB who wouldn't have left in that situation?

One of the most over-hyped players in the last decade here with little to merit that hype, which is not a shot at the player. That said, needed to give him more half back dives for 1 yard.
As a Jordan stan, while it was awesome seeing Tucker emerge, it was immensely frustrating seeing us run Jordan directly into a pile of fat guys play after play, and then put Tucker in and have him run off tackle and get tosses where he could get in space.

We used him wrong.

Jawhar hasn’t yet shown the ability to be a full time back. I also don’t think he’s a slot. He is a scat back special teams guy who is capable of making explosive plays at times. He has to stay healthy though. Other talented and durable backs have passed him up at Louisville as well. Trevion Cooley is one of them. I like our RB room more. Its one of the best in the Acc. Price and Allen still have to prove they can do it at the Acc level. I want a full dose of Tucker but I hope they can step in well when needed.
He’s a lot closer to a slot guy than a feature back but I get what you’re saying there. I could see situational out of the backfield as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom