Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted

Joe has struggled some trying to cover this story but he isn't wrong again. No reporter could be that incompetent. We have to root for Oklahoma to not get in the college football playoff.

Go Texas!
Go Georgia!

One of those two teams has to win, and/or Ohio State has to really roll Northwestern.

BTW, if Syracuse gets boned and that mediocre NC State team goes to Orlando instead of us, I assume the ACC would let Syracuse pick which Tier 1 bowl that they want to attend as partial compensation for the awful injustice suffered. In that case, the team will pick the Sun Bowl.

I bet John Wildhack is talking to the Gator Bowl people right now as a backup plan. The Gator is done to a 6-5 South Carolina team or a 8-4 Texas A&M team Both should travel well to Jacksonville.

They have to decide whothe opponent is. If NC State is available, they are going to take them.

What if they are not?

I believe it comes down to a choice between a ranked 9-3 Syracuse team, or a 7-5 Wisconsin team or a 7-5 Michigan State team. Wisconsin was just destroyed by a bad Minnesota team and Michigan State is just unwatchable. Heck, they almost lost to Rutgers. Those fanbases are disgusted with these garbage teams and would rather stay at home and eat lutefisk.

Their most attractive matchup would be Texas A&M vs Syracuse. Two ranked teams coming off great wins. The TV ratings would be off the charts. Syracuse fans starved for a good bowl game for many years will attend in record numbers.

I wonder if the Gator Bowl people are smart enough to realize this? Probably not.

I have to say, your football analysis is unmatched, here or anywhere.

Looks like you are right. So the Gator people would rather have a 7-5 Miami team against a 6-5, soon to be 7-5 South Carolina team instead of a 9-3 Syracuse team against an 8-4 Texas A&M team, where both teams are ranked?

Our reputation for buying tickets must be awful.

I blame that on the university packages that get tacked on to our allotments.
It's always seemed like a big money grab by the university from the fans, and the smart ones wind up buying tickets, making hotel and travel arrangements directly on their own.

ACC Champion - Not In Top Four CFP Ranking
If the ACC Champion is not in the top four of the final CFP rankings, it will appear in either the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl or the PlayStation Fiesta Bowl. Additional ACC teams could also be selected for the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl or PlayStation Fiesta Bowl as at-large representatives.

Camping World Bowl
The Camping World Bowl has the first pick of an ACC team after the CFP and New Year’s Six Bowls are filled.

Tier One Bowls (all equal selection status)
Belk Bowl
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl or
TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
New Era Pinstripe Bowl
Hyundai Sun Bowl

Additional Bowls
Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman
Walk-On’s Independence Bowl
Quick Lane Bowl
Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl or Heart of Dallas Bowl

Secondary*
Birmingham Bowl
*If not filled by other conferences and additional ACC teams are available.

What does "All equal selection status" mean?

Is there any order and they pick, or is it a free-for-all, and there are negotiations behind the scenes?

If it's like a draft of teams, then we will do very well. If it's the latter, we have to hope that TV people have a seat at the table, or else we are so screwed.

I blame that on the university packages that get tacked on to our allotments.
It's always seemed like a big money grab by the university from the fans, and the smart ones wind up buying tickets, making hotel and travel arrangements directly on their own.
I agree. In the past it was very expensive. I am hoping the university selects a travel agency that has more reasonable packages.

joe didn't reply to my tweet asking if he still thought nc state gets camping

Texas is going to the Sugar Bowl whether they win or not, assuming OU goes to the playoff

Not unless they are in the top 12. They are 14 going into the game.

The Big12 sends the championship runner up to the Sugar Bowl as per the Big12 commissioner. They don't use the final CFP rankings, the SEC uses the rankings to determine which team to send.

Sugar, Alamo most likely bowl destinations for Longhorns

Only if Oklahoma makes the playoff. OU makes the playoff then Texas gets the Sugar. OU misses the playoff then OU gets the Sugar and Texas gets Alamo.

Only if Oklahoma makes the playoff. OU makes the playoff then Texas gets the Sugar. OU misses the playoff then OU gets the Sugar and Texas gets Alamo.

Alabama beats Georgia and Oklahoma is going to the playoffs, Texas to Sugar, West Virginia to Alamo and Iowa State to Camping World. Georgia beats Alabama and Alabama likely stays in the playoffs, Oklahoma to the Sugar, Texas to the Alamo and West Virginia to the CWB.

In either scenario I believe Syracuse ends up in Orlando.

Alabama beats Georgia and Oklahoma is going to the playoffs, Texas to Sugar, West Virginia to Alamo and Iowa State to Camping World. Georgia beats Alabama and Alabama likely stays in the playoffs, Oklahoma to the Sugar, Texas to the Alamo and West Virginia to the CWB.

I’m confused

Quite possible. Let’s face it, the only reason for all the angst over who the Big 12 sends to the CW is because of Gigolo’s article. Guy has no better idea than the other “experts” picking us for the CW/Sun/Pinstripe. No one knows.

So, did OK win underwhelmingly enough for our purposes?

I haz a confused. :confused:

If osu thumps nw I think they get in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom