Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Joe Giglio out of NC just tweeted

If osu thumps nw I think they get in
How?
Oklahoma is above them now.
They played a complete game and beat a top 15 Texas and avenged their only loss.
Both games on a neutral field and OU won by 12 after losing by 3 at the end last game.
I don’t think beating Northwestern sho is 21 by 59 like Ohio State did in 2014 to Wisconsin will pass Oklahoma.
Ohio State needs Pitt to beat Clemson to have a chance now.

Quite possible. Let’s face it, the only reason for all the angst over who the Big 12 sends to the CW is because of Gigolo’s article. Guy has no better idea than the other “experts” picking us for the CW/Sun/Pinstripe. No one knows.

Yep. Like I said, I think we're in Orlando in either scenario. And don't think there is any way that Ohio State leapfrogs Oklahoma no matter how badly they beat a 4-loss Northwestern team.

How?
Oklahoma is above them now.
They played a complete game and beat a top 15 Texas and avenged their only loss.
Both games on a neutral field and OU won by 12 after losing by 3 at the end last game.
I don’t think beating Northwestern sho is 21 by 59 like Ohio State did in 2014 to Wisconsin will pass Oklahoma.
Ohio State needs Pitt to beat Clemson to have a chance now.
Better resume other than Texas who did ou beat?

Ous resume isn't that impressive.

Agree but OSUs isn’t that hot either. Michigan and Penn State wins vs West Virginia and Texas wins. Horrible loss for OSU against Purdue and OU with very respectable close loss to Texas. Pretty close

Last edited:
Agree but OSUs isn’t that hot either. Michigan and Penn State wins vs West Virginia and Texas wins. Horrible loss for OSU against Purdue and OU with very respectable floss loss to Texas. Pretty close
The Mich win carrys a lot of weight they also won at ped st. Ou has barely beaten some bad teams.

tOSU’s bubble is close to popping.

Only scenario that gets them in is if Pitt beats Clemson and Bama beats UGA.

CFP is pretty simple:
Bama - in regardless of SEC outcome
ND - in
Clemson - in with win, likely out with loss
UGA - in with win, out with loss
OU - in if Bama or Pitt win
tOSU - in if Bama AND Pitt win

The Mich win carrys a lot of weight they also won at ped st. Ou has barely beaten some bad teams.

Yeah I think OU is a bit overrated. I wonder if the committee will be sold on them just on the fact that their defense was actually pretty good today and didn’t throw up all over itself. Will be really interesting to see what happens if Alabama wins and then OSU wins by say 28-30 points. The committee is probably praying for Ohio State to lose so they don’t have to deal with the scrutiny

Yeah I think OU is a bit overrated. I wonder if the committee will be sold on them just on the fact that their defense was actually pretty good today and didn’t throw up all over itself. Will be really interesting to see what happens if Alabama wins and then OSU wins by say 28-30 points. The committee is probably praying for Ohio State to lose so they don’t have to deal with the scrutiny
The big ten will raise holy heck if their champ isn't in the playoff.

So will UCF but when your conference is kind of weak and everyone is beating up on Rutgers for extra wins. You don’t deserve to be in.

So will UCF but when your conference is kind of weak and everyone is beating up on Rutgers for extra wins. You don’t deserve to be in.
Your comparing ucf and the aac to ohio st and the big ten.

Tongue in cheek, to some degree. B10 is always overrated. They’re not a strong conference overall.
That it might be but they carry a lot of clout.

B1G’s best overall non-conf win was Maryland over Texas. After that it was Iowa over Iowa State. Pretty much falls off a cliff after that. The conference doesn’t have much ground to stand on this year.

B1G’s best overall non-conf win was Maryland over Texas. After that it was Iowa over Iowa State. Pretty much falls off a cliff after that. The conference doesn’t have much ground to stand on this year.

Yep and with Wisconsin and Michigan State face planting they just weren’t nearly as strong top to bottom as they thought the conference would be.

That it might be but they carry a lot of clout.

They definitely do but if with only 4 teams going to a playoff, it’s pretty tough to make a case for ANY B10 team. Even if they do have a lot of clout

Agree but OSUs isn’t that hot either. Michigan and Penn State wins vs West Virginia and Texas wins. Horrible loss for OSU against Purdue and OU with very respectable close loss to Texas. Pretty close
Not sure the committee would love having urban on all the stages answering questions and bringing attention to that mess of a program. If a toss up, I think they get left out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom