Juwan Howard | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Juwan Howard

This has unfolded nicely and great to see people like Fran actually have sense to call it what it is. I thought Gard actually grabbed Juwan but not sure I buy that now. Juwan clearly has some major anger issues and needs to grow up. Glad he’s out the rest of the year. He definitely deserves it

Some people are really twisting themselves into knots defending Howard. Gard didn't "grab" him; he placed his hand on his arm. Coaches do this all the time in the handshake line, and in fact these two have been pretty buddy-buddy previously. It was hardly a physical gesture.

Furthermore, Howard grabbed GARD by the lapel shortly afterwards. Finally, Howard was so shaken and threatened by the hand on the arm that it took him almost 15 seconds before he threw the blow. Oh wait! I should point out that he didn't hit Gard, he hit another guy! To paraphrase Stephen Stills: "when you can't hit the one you want, hit the one you're with."

As an aside, he was upset about the timeout? Gee, don't slap on a press at the end of a game you have lost. I recall SU football being up big on somebody late in the 4th Q and the opposing team started blitzing. Coach Mac promptly threw deep for a TD. After the game he said "that was my way of saying "you want to blitz? Let's have some fun" "
1,000%. Some of the analysis here and in the media blows my mind. If the B1G suspends Gard I can't wait to hear the reasoning behind it.

Pearl punching Ewing, and Boeheim throwing the chair in the press conference, and Coleman throwing haymakers at Cornell, and Douglas scrapping with Providence in the final 4…..I miss old school, competitive, Big East basketball and rivalries!!! The game is so soft today, and everybody is all buddy-buddy.

Also, this altercation is the most disgusting thing that has ever happened and I’m horrified and I’m going to keep talking about it for days!
I was in the first row right under the basket where Pearl punched Ewing. Perfect view. Hit the target. Pearl's backpedal was impressive. After a lengthy TO to restore order I turned to my friend and said they're going to annihilate us. They did.

The one game suspension for two UM players throwing haymakers seems a tad on the light side, no?
Fighting is a one game suspension by rule for first offense

Howard said something like “I won’t forget this and was very angry”. Gard just reached out to get his attention an explain. Howard didn’t want to hear anything gard had to say. He was looking for something to set him off. I have been in that spot that gard was in before. My wife hates it, but I like to talk issues and explain things in detail. He was just trying to calm everything down. I personally don’t think Gard should get anything. Totally inexcusable actions by Howard and then he tried to condone it because Gard put his “hands” on him. Please, that’s not how leaders of young men should handle themselves. You have to prove your toughness because you lost by 16 pressing walk ins with 15 seconds left? Laughable.

Agreed.

This is asinine; guy is clearly trying to deescalate the situation and we've got weirdos here talking about how long he should be suspended for because his professional counterpart inexplicably decided to throw hands after that attempt at outreach.

What a world.

Sorry but I got no blame for Gard. He touched Howard on way by on the outside of the arm. Howard responds with grabbing him by the scruff of his shirt. Gard then is seperated and watches the rest of the melee from several feet away while Howard and multiple UM players start throwing. If you want to assign blame to Gard give him 5% responsibility for being there. Once they break this down frame by frame I think Howard will be gone because what he is saying happened is NOT what occurs on film.

I don't think he will be because university administrators are amoral and cowardly, but other than that, 100% agree with you.

Agreed.

This is asinine; guy is clearly trying to deescalate the situation and we've got weirdos here talking about how long he should be suspended for because his professional counterpart inexplicably decided to throw hands after that attempt at outreach.

What a world.
Makes you wonder what kind of spazzes some of these posters are IRL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom