Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

All kidding aside you're right about Cooley, good dude and even better recruiter. I hope besides Kaleb that you guys land all of your other targets. Would love to see Yukon's reaction if you guys beat them out for Terrell, Abu, and Chukwu aka Pikachu.

@BrewsterHoops: Brewster guard @JaredTerrell32 has narrowed his list to 4 schools: Cincinnati, Oklahoma St, Providence,and Rhode Island.

We have been horrific, it's a new beginning man. Anyway, they reached the elite 8 in 97. Eons ago really and not worth discussing. Cooley has restored a sense of pride in the program. When you have our recent history all you can look at is the future, right? In regards to the past though I still am mad at Julius Hodges for picking NCST. We don't compete very often for players and when we have you guys have won just like on the court. We will just have to see what KJ does here. Cooley is a different animal though so who knows?

You seem like a good guy and a passionate Prov fan. You'll find that most Cuse fans sort of like Prov. From JB's friendship with Rick P, Tim Welch's time there, guys like Marcus Douthis and Mike Brown,etc. It's just some of the posts, even if you don't intend, cause the topic to stray in directions we don't care about. That said, we appreciate your insight into KJ's recruiting from a Prov-end and it's interesting to hear unbiased reports to get accurate insight into any recruitment.

Now, back to posts about KJ and that date he will commit to JB and the boys :)

@BrewsterHoops: Brewster guard @JaredTerrell32 has narrowed his list to 4 schools: Cincinnati, Oklahoma St, Providence,and Rhode Island.

Abu chopped his list to 4 as well and Providence was the only common school with Terrell. Gotta think Providence is the frontrunner in this and like I said, as long as Kaleb doesn't go there then it's all good with me to see them beat out Yukon for recruits.

Abu chopped his list to 4 as well and Providence was the only common school with Terrell. Gotta think Providence is the frontrunner in this and like I said, as long as Kaleb doesn't go there then it's all good with me to see them beat out Yukon for recruits.

It's it too early to say again?

It's it too early to say again?
Never Russy2.png

You seem like a good guy and a passionate Prov fan. You'll find that most Cuse fans sort of like Prov. From JB's friendship with Rick P, Tim Welch's time there, guys like Marcus Douthis and Mike Brown,etc. It's just some of the posts, even if you don't intend, cause the topic to stray in directions we don't care about. That said, we appreciate your insight into KJ's recruiting from a Prov-end and it's interesting to hear unbiased reports to get accurate insight into any recruitment.

Now, back to posts about KJ and that date he will commit to JB and the boys :)

Agreed- got no quarrel with PC at all.
Used to LOVE watching Ernie D, Marvin Barnes, Billy "The Kid" Donovan, and God Shammgod...which might just be the greatest sports name of all time!
We never built a rivalry with them since we've always dominated the series. Cooley seems like a good guy- and God bless them if they've finally gotten their isht together. :cool:

Hmmm nope forget all this goodwill. F providence, they are in bed with gtown.

Hmmm nope forget all this goodwill. F providence, they are in bed with gtown.

lol I have no issue with the friars. They have politely provided us with 1-2 wins a year for a while now with us occassionally spotting them one for goodwill. All kidding aside, I don't have a qualm about the Friars. Their fans are much easier to deal with on the board than UConn or the johnnies.

Providence
Positives- Cooley uses a 3 guard set. They will have only Dunn returning after next season(unless he opts of senior year-likely) so getting 3 guards to come in will be important. Lindsey(SF but SG skills-committed), Terrell(SG that scores), and Joseph(pass first but can score) would be an ideal situation for Cooley's transition game. More games with in driving time of Mass for KJ friends and family.

Negatives- Regional publicity to showcase skills.

Syracuse
Positives- Its SU not PC (ACC, Melo Center, Carrier Dome). They have shown they can get guards to the NBA. Hall of Fame coach plus top notch staff. SU will have national publicity to showcase your skills.

Negatives- SU will have Ennis, Cooney, Gbinjie, and Patterson at the guard position unless someone has a breakout year or something else occurs. I know everyone is saying that Ennis is the only pg on the board but players want minutes not just a position. We were lucky to get MCW with Triche, Jardine, Cooney(redshirt) and Waiters but that is difficult to repeat.

Interesting couple of months until a decision is made. I believe that if KJ comes to the elite camp, then SU will have a better chance with him. Say KJ goes to PC, then look ahead to 2015's guards (Briscoe?, Crawford, Cheathem, Kimble, Ali, Richardson).

I don't know if it matters but Jared Terrell visits Providence on Saturday and I think he commits to them soon after. Along with Providence making Abu's final 4 (providence the only school who has both players listing them) I think we should see the dominoes start to fall very very soon.

I don't know if it matters but Jared Terrell visits Providence on Saturday and I think he commits to them soon after. I think we should see the dominoes start to fall very very soon.
He and Abut are committing together in September.

I don't hate Providence the team, fans or coashes so much. But come on it was the seat of power in the BE for ever and their shortsightdness and fear of the power the fball teams could weild is what eventually ruined the BE. I hate the Providence BE/Cathlic mofia.

Joseph is a bigtime talent but is he only a 1 or 2 year guy? Not sure... Tee/Francis? If he is more a 2-3 year guy I don't see it as a hard sell. Unless Ennis somehow loses his confidence/his game or is injured I don't see how he lasts more than 2 years. So Joseph would jump to the front of the rotation at PG in year 2. Talent rises to the top... Also depth can be tricky. It can go from crowded to thin in a heartbeat. I trust the staff's success with Dion and MCW weighs heavily here.

Joseph is a bigtime talent but is he only a 1 or 2 year guy? Not sure... Tee/Francis? If he is more a 2-3 year guy I don't see it as a hard sell. Unless Ennis somehow loses his confidence/his game or is injured I don't see how he lasts more than 2 years. So Joseph would jump to the front of the rotation at PG in year 2. Talent rises to the top... Also depth can be tricky. It can go from crowded to thin in a heartbeat. I trust the staff's success with Dion and MCW weighs heavily here.
With Dion going 4th in one draft while playing as a 6 man, and MCW going top 12 while sitting on the bench the year before, I don't think it really matters. It'll work itself out. #firstworldproblems

My guess is wherever he goes, 2 years minimum. But no one knows what he or most are going to do on the next level. They were predicting a revolving door at money bags U last year and due to NN injury, I don't really think any of them were meant to be in the NBA this early. Just my opinion though, but even if NN doesn't get injured, he displayed a pretty weak offensive game this past season.

Providence
Positives- Cooley uses a 3 guard set. They will have only Dunn returning after next season(unless he opts of senior year-likely) so getting 3 guards to come in will be important. Lindsey(SF but SG skills-committed), Terrell(SG that scores), and Joseph(pass first but can score) would be an ideal situation for Cooley's transition game. More games with in driving time of Mass for KJ friends and family.

Negatives- Regional publicity to showcase skills.

Syracuse
Positives- Its SU not PC (ACC, Melo Center, Carrier Dome). They have shown they can get guards to the NBA. Hall of Fame coach plus top notch staff. SU will have national publicity to showcase your skills.

Negatives- SU will have Ennis, Cooney, Gbinjie, and Patterson at the guard position unless someone has a breakout year or something else occurs. I know everyone is saying that Ennis is the only pg on the board but players want minutes not just a position. We were lucky to get MCW with Triche, Jardine, Cooney(redshirt) and Waiters but that is difficult to repeat.

Interesting couple of months until a decision is made. I believe that if KJ comes to the elite camp, then SU will have a better chance with him. Say KJ goes to PC, then look ahead to 2015's guards (Briscoe?, Crawford, Cheathem, Kimble, Ali, Richardson).

The only real issue for KJ is Ennis. The other guards are all 2G's who play off the ball. If Ennis is a 2 yr guy, then KJ is behind him 1 year (like MCW was with Scoop). However, KJ as the only other PG will get more minutes than MCW got as a freshman. It really depends on if KJ wants to play in a big time national program on the big stage, against the best competition or feels more comfortable in a close-to-home smaller regional program with less pressure but less opportunity to become an NBA lottery pick. Only he knows deep down how he feels. It wouldn't surprise me either way.

I guess Tee is more higher on his instant pro prospects than myself. I love Joseph's upside and what he can bring to SU if he commits there, but I think he's more of a 4yr program type of player in the Scoop/Triche mold than somebody who will be on the NBA radar within his first few years. His upside is much higher than those two because of his speed and athleticism, but we're not talking about a 5 star player or burger boy to keep things real. I think by his Junior year that people will take notice on the next level but I have watched him three times fully and never viewed him as a guy who will be a pro within his first few years in college. Anything is possible and maybe he'll surprise me. Living in Florida, I saw Shane Larkin in HS several times and if anybody told me that he would've been a top 20 pick after his Sophomore year in college, I would've thought they were on drugs lol.

I guess Tee is more higher on his instant pro prospects than myself. I love Joseph's upside and what he can bring to SU if he commits there, but I think he's more of a 4yr program type of player in the Scoop/Triche mold than somebody who will be on the NBA radar within his first few years. His upside is much higher than those two because of his speed and athleticism, but we're not talking about a 5 star player or burger boy to keep things real. I think by his Junior year that people will take notice on the next level but I have watched him three times fully and never viewed him as a guy who will be a pro within his first few years in college. Anything is possible and maybe he'll surprise me. Living in Florida, I saw Shane Larkin in HS several times and if anybody told me that he would've been a top 20 pick after his Sophomore year in college, I would've thought they were on drugs lol.

Thanks Francis and Tee - always enjoy your takes. That does make sense and in the clips I can see what you mean. Sometimes we get hung up on individual plays with highlights vs seeing their impact on the entire game. You can see how Ennis impacts everyone on the floor as much or even more than his individual plays etc. If he is a 4 year type of kid even better from a sales perspective .. I think..

Now that Newton is out of the question...

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being definite, 1 being no shot...

How are we looking for Whitehead and Joseph? I'm praying we are at a 9 for Joseph at least.

Agreed- got no quarrel with PC at all.
Used to LOVE watching Ernie D, Marvin Barnes, Billy "The Kid" Donovan, and God Shammgod...which might just be the greatest sports name of all time!
We never built a rivalry with them since we've always dominated the series. Cooley seems like a good guy- and God bless them if they've finally gotten their isht together. :cool:

You can't talk about Shammgod without showing the clip of him against Arizona in the '97 tourney, 1:10 mark to see one of the best in game dribble moves of all time... never gets old.

Thanks Francis and Tee - always enjoy your takes. That does make sense and in the clips I can see what you mean. Sometimes we get hung up on individual plays with highlights vs seeing their impact on the entire game. You can see how Ennis impacts everyone on the floor as much or even more than his individual plays etc. If he is a 4 year type of kid even better from a sales perspective .. I think..
Exactly, that's why I like to hold judgment on a player until I watch them in a full game than relying on cherry picked highlights that make everybody look like an all star. You hit it on the money about Ennis. I remember reading comments from people who didn't seem too impressed because he wasn't jumping out of the gym and making all of these spectacular plays. All you had to do was watch him against the likes of Findlay and Montverde to get a real sense of the damage that he can do and why we're all excited of what he can bring to the Cuse. I think Hop is really hoping by the time that he takes over Mr. Joseph will be his lead man to handle the rock. Thoughts?

Exactly, that's why I like to hold judgment on a player until I watch them in a full game than relying on cherry picked highlights that make everybody look like an all star. You hit it on the money about Ennis. I remember reading comments from people who didn't seem too impressed because he wasn't jumping out of the gym and making all of these spectacular plays. All you had to do was watch him against the likes of Findlay and Montverde to get a real sense of the damage that he can do and why we're all excited of what he can bring to the Cuse. I think Hop is really hoping by the time that he takes over Mr. Joseph will be his lead man to handle the rock. Thoughts?

Couldn't agree more. Would seemingly set Joseph up well to succed all the same. On that note - just how good do you think Patterson can be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom