Class of 2014 - Kaleb Joseph..,, | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Kaleb Joseph..,,

You can't talk about Shammgod without showing the clip of him against Arizona in the '97 tourney, 1:10 mark to see one of the best in game dribble moves of all time... never gets old.
The God had that dude on roller skates. chrispaulnoooo.png That track skillz is one of my favs from Gang Starr RIP Guru:( . Primo cooked up so many classics for them back in the days.

Couldn't agree more. Would seemingly set Joseph up well to succed all the same. On that note - just how good do you think Patterson can be?
I think Patterson can be very solid overall. Tbh I wasn't a big fan when he first committed but he won me over eventually with his improved play at Brewster. Ball handle was much better than advertised, can pass, shoot, and as we all know get after it on D. Not sure how ready he'll be to contribute early on in the rotation, but I think he could be somebody that finds his way as one of our key guards during his Soph/Jr season.

I think Patterson can be very solid overall. Tbh I wasn't a big fan when he first committed but he won me over eventually with his improved play at Brewster. Ball handle was much better than advertised, can pass, shoot, and as we all know get after it on D. Not sure how ready he'll be to contribute early on in the rotation, but I think he could be somebody that finds his way as one of our key guards during his Soph/Jr season.

Nice ... the good sports season is just around the corner!! Can't wait.

You can't talk about Shammgod without showing the clip of him against Arizona in the '97 tourney, 1:10 mark to see one of the best in game dribble moves of all time... never gets old.

Not to get away from KJ, but there is a point in that game where Olson is screaming at Bibby during a timeout to stay in front of him and Bibby's response was "I can't". That's why you see Dickerson trying in the 2nd half. Easily the most heartbreaking loss ever for me (and I was in New Orleans in 87). That 97 team was the one team we have had that could have won it all.

Not to get away from KJ, but there is a point in that game where Olsen is screaming at Bibby during a timeout to stay in front of him and Bibby's response was "I can't". Easily the most heartbreaking loss ever for me (and I was in New Orleans in 87). That 97 team was the one team we have had that could have won it all.
Hey, friarj which one of us on the board do you want to meet?

Not to get away from KJ, but there is a point in that game where Olson is screaming at Bibby during a timeout to stay in front of him and Bibby's response was "I can't". That's why you see Dickerson trying in the 2nd half. Easily the most heartbreaking loss ever for me (and I was in New Orleans in 87). That 97 team was the one team we have had that could have won it all.
Rooted like heck for the Friars that game

Now that Newton is out of the question...

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being definite, 1 being no shot...

How are we looking for Whitehead and Joseph? I'm praying we are at a 9 for Joseph at least.

i will literally bath salts your face off if we ever met. Good thread on your board though.
Wish I wasn't mobile so I could bust out a multiple tee thumbs up. Instead, I'll bring the rubbing alcohol. It's the least I can do for such a fine, signature edowd.

JDubs, that clip is a mind blower for sure. You nailed it with the "never gets old" comment. Just last week there was discussion on here about Kaleb Josephs' crossover move along with mention of Pearl's "one handed" crossover. And low and behold you post that clip of Shammgod and at the mark you mention, the demonstration of the "one handed" crossover of epic ankle breaking proportions. Wow! ... thanks for the treat. Most people here are "Friar-friendly" and hold your program in high esteem. I remember back in the day of Marvin Barnes , Ernie D, and others... seeing bumper stickers which read, "UCLA is the Providence of the West". Good luck in the upcoming season!

technically fall winter and spring still qualify so season(s) still is accurate

Now that Newton is out of the question...

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being definite, 1 being no shot...

How are we looking for Whitehead and Joseph? I'm praying we are at a 9 for Joseph at least.

I got a 10 "feeling" for KJ and maybe a 6.5 for IW.

JDubs, that clip is a mind blower for sure. You nailed it with the "never gets old" comment. Just last week there was discussion on here about Kaleb Josephs' crossover move along with mention of Pearl's "one handed" crossover. And low and behold you post that clip of Shammgod and at the mark you mention, the demonstration of the "one handed" crossover of epic ankle breaking proportions. Wow! ... thanks for the treat. Most people here are "Friar-friendly" and hold your program in high esteem. I remember back in the day of Marvin Barnes , Ernie D, and others... seeing bumper stickers which read, "UCLA is the Providence of the West". Good luck in the upcoming season!

Haha I love your respect for the Friar faithful out there... but just for clarification, you know I'm an Orange fan and been a poster on this board for almost a year, right? If Providence fell off the face of the earth I wouldn't care in the slightest... I just have serious respect for guys with game changing handle, aka God Shammgod. If you would like to check my credentials, I grew up in the Westcott St. area and I am an '05 SU grad. It's good to be Orange.

Haha I love your respect for the Friar faithful out there... but just for clarification, you know I'm an Orange fan and been a poster on this board for almost a year, right? If Providence fell off the face of the earth I wouldn't care in the slightest... I just have serious respect for guys with game changing handle, aka God Shammgod. If you would like to check my credentials, I grew up in the Westcott St. area and I am an '05 SU grad. It's good to be Orange.

Freaking loved God Shammgod. One of the best handles I have ever seen. He made Wojo and those Duke guards look stupid. Almost beat Bibby/Simon Arizona team.

From our pals over at ESPN

Handicapping the race for Joseph

ESPN 100 point guard Kaleb Joseph (Nashua, N.H./Cushing Academy) is down to Syracuse, Providence and West Virginia. Assessing the situation, I’ll take the Orange as the leader. They’ve committed a ton of time toward him, and behind the scenes they have been the team to beat for a while.

Here’s how I’d handicap the percentage likelihood of each of his finalists landing Joseph: Syracuse at 85 percent, Providence at 10 percent and West Virginia at 5 percent.

From our pals over at ESPN

Handicapping the race for Joseph

ESPN 100 point guard Kaleb Joseph (Nashua, N.H./Cushing Academy) is down to Syracuse, Providence and West Virginia. Assessing the situation, I’ll take the Orange as the leader. They’ve committed a ton of time toward him, and behind the scenes they have been the team to beat for a while.

Here’s how I’d handicap the percentage likelihood of each of his finalists landing Joseph: Syracuse at 85 percent, Providence at 10 percent and West Virginia at 5 percent.
Did I just like an ESPN article? I will need soap, scrub brushes, an old priest and a young priest.

Did I just like an ESPN article? I will need soap, scrub brushes, an old priest and a young priest.
You can dislike it if you want since they only gave the probability of KJO coming here 85%. We all know its really 100%.

As far as handicapping the KJ race, while most PC fans agree that Cuse is the leader, I would not say 100% because he would have already done it. PC has just a few things going for them in this race. 1st the kids seem to really like and relate to Cooley. The other thing they have is having Andre LaFluer (Kemba Walker fame) and God Shamgod on the coaching staff. For those reasons alone I think the race is 70/30 Cuse.

It's all going to shake out this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom