Lets play a series with UConn | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Lets play a series with UConn

bnoro said:
Go to a game in Storrz or Hartford wearing opposing colors and you'll never want to play them again. Guy behind me in Hartford last year yelled "Bathrobe" in my ear non stop for 2 hours. Total group of mongoloids.
I sat in front of their clown fans at a big east game in the garden and had to listen to that stupid a$$ u c o n n chant for 3 hours. Thankfully we won and they shut up

I sat in front of their clown fans at a big east game in the garden and had to listen to that stupid a$$ u c o n n chant for 3 hours. Thankfully we won and they shut up
were you chanting it right along with them?

dasher said:
were you chanting it right along with them?

I tried to go with the C O N N chant. Im really surprised it didnt catch on. Oh well

I sat in front of a Syracuse fan at the 2011 BET and he tried to tickle me at halftime. It was pretty weird.

Give me credit, I'm just a delusional UConn fan
Isn't it time you went back to the boneyard? When you get back, make sure to tell the morons who said syracuse would get rolled by Indiana the score of that game.

Isn't it time you went back to the boneyard? When you get back, make sure to tell the morons who said syracuse would get rolled by Indiana the score of that game.

Ehh let em talk it up over there along with all the program is going to be at the acc bottom with hop.

I sat in front of a Syracuse fan at the 2011 BET and he tried to tickle me at halftime. It was pretty weird.

Probably just a uconn fan trolling msg as a cuse fan. Trolling seems to be your thing. so might wanna check within your own house

If you're allowed to address him directly, you should ask your head honcho douche (fishy) why he doesn't come over here and impress us with his incomparable wit.

Georgetown will eventually sign the contract, I'm really not worried about that. But I have no desire to play a series with UCONN. They only EVER became relevant because we went on probation. F*&K them!!!

Georgetown will eventually sign the contract, I'm really not worried about that. But I have no desire to play a series with UCONN. They only EVER became relevant because we went on probation. F*&K them!!!

This - there is absolutely no reason to continue a series with them. It would only help their program and do nothing for ours.

And their delusional fans still bitter about getting left behind in conference realignment despite their past accomplishments on the hardwood understand this as well. I actually was hoping the ACC would throw them a lifeline to keep more of the old Big East going in the new ACC (prior to the Louisville add). But seeing how bitter they are towards Syracuse now makes me enjoy their gradual slide into mid major mediocrity. Good riddance.

Go to a game in Storrz or Hartford wearing opposing colors and you'll never want to play them again. Guy behind me in Hartford last year yelled "Bathrobe" in my ear non stop for 2 hours. Total group of mongoloids.

I second this. The post-Fine nonsense a few years ago in Storrs was bad enough, but bathrobe guy was even worse. Dude didn't say it once or twice or twenty times, it was the whole damn game, and even when we asked him to calm down fairly respectfully, he stared at us with his dead eyes and kept saying it. The man was with two friends and literally didn't say another word for 2+ hours. One of the strangest things I've ever experienced.

Gee, U-Conn has been so nice to us. Maybe we should try to sign a series...aaaaaaaaa... !!!

About SU v. Georgetwon - After the flurry of new reports in mid-Sep, there's been nothing on the 10 year "proposal" that Gross gave to Georgetown.

The story Georgetown put out is that they have to understand their Conference commitments before they sign on. It's been three months. Any progress?

My first rule is to never, ever believe anything Georgetown says to the complaint press. You must assume they are lying. They have lied so many times, anyone would be foolish to believe anything they say. (When Iverson was still in school he was driving a Mercedes 500 the local MB dealer had lent him. When asked about it, a GU spokesman said that he needed the car to visit his sick mother. The WaPo reporter, uncharacteristically, asked if a Taurus wouldn't have also gotten AI to Newport News. End of Interview.)

Georgetown is afraid of this series because the Orange faithful will take over the Verizon Center, especially if the "proposal" Gross gave them insists on a fairer deal for tickets for the SU fans. They also know that any game in MSG is a de-facto Syracuse home game.

Georgetown also knows we recruit the DC-Baltimore area very well and that letting the camel's nose in the tent here means that they are letting a recruiting competitor into the area. Maryland's departure to the B1G could be good news for GU because it somewhat reduces the visibility of Duke and UNC and UVA and the other ACC school to the DC area.

If Gross is worth his salt, he gave them a "proposal" that they really had to swallow hard on. SU is in the position of power and advantage now. Our schedule is chocked full of great opponents. GU is teetering on the edge of being a Mid-Major depending on how well the NEw, New, New Big East foes.

I also think that GU would prefer a Maryland series to playing Syracuse. A weaker opponent and just as much local buzz and interest. Maybe they are trying to work that out before saying yeas or no to the SU proposal

This thread is the gift that keeps giving. A wonderous reread after last night

AAC is a better football conf than ACC.

UConn as a division 1 football program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors