Lets play a series with UConn | Syracusefan.com

Lets play a series with UConn

dasher

Living Legend
Now don't get out the rope and look for a tree for me before you hear me out. Let's play a 4 game series in D.C.. Split the tickets. Sell the place out. think of how insulting that is to G-town, the cowards that won't play us. Let's face it, the two fan bases hate each other. What better way to get at that hate? I know a lot of people want them to die on the vine in that joke of a league they are in. Fine. But this plan also sticks it to G-town.

UConn doesn't need to play mid-majorettes on the road.

Marsh seems to be otherwise engaged, so allow me......

But seriously, I like Nova and St. Johns on the schedule. I would like to see Georgetown and I'm sure it'll happen eventually. UConn, I could not care less.

Then they got stuck in the wrong conference, I guess.
if this doesn't get 25+ likes, there is something wrong with the board today

I'd much rather beat Uconn than Nova or SJU. Much sweeter.

UConn doesn't need to play mid-majorettes on the road.
no, really, ucon is going to fit right in with the other mid-majors in the ack - especially in about three years when Brimah has learned how to catch and shoot a basketball!

Now don't get out the rope and look for a tree for me before you hear me out. Let's play a 4 game series in D.C.. Split the tickets. Sell the place out. think of how insulting that is to G-town, the cowards that won't play us. Let's face it, the two fan bases hate each other. What better way to get at that hate? I know a lot of people want them to die on the vine in that joke of a league they are in. Fine. But this plan also sticks it to G-town.

Georgetown doesn't need any "insulting" from us, they're doing just fine insulting themselves. Your proposal wouldn't help us, but would help UCONN. Bad idea.

While I hope we get into a pre-season tourney that has UConn in the field as well sometime in the future, there simply is no good reason to play the Huskies OOC.

St. John's, Nova, and G'Town (if they ever decide to get around to signing the contract) are the three teams we should play. Getting those three on our schedule along with a BiG team and whatever pre-season tourney match-ups we get is more than enough.

Cheers,
Neil

SU gains nothing by playing UConn...it's a no win situation. Why elevate them? If we want to play in DC we can play anyone there. Playing Nova in Philly and St. John's in MSG is great for recruiting so we're doing that and it's important to continue that. We don't need UConn. Anyway, I'm sure the NCAAT will match us up in the same bracket plenty of times in the next few years.

no, really, ucon is going to fit right in with the other mid-majors in the ack - especially in about three years when Brimah has learned how to catch and shoot a basketball!

Too bad Fab Melo never learned how to do that. He would still have a job

Nova=Philly recruiting... SJU= NYC recruiting... GTown=DC recruiting... UConn= nothing. No reason to play a mid-major on the decline who's fans are trying to hold onto glories of a bygone era like a bunch of Holy Cross fans declaring national power status based on their 1947 title. UConn's basketball program is in the hospice known at the AAC and it's football is already in the dirt. Let them RIP.

Last edited:
Nova=Philly recruiting... SJU= NYC recruiting... GTown=DC recruiting... UConn= nothing. No reason to play a mid-major on the decline who's fans are trying to hold onto glories of a bygone era like a bunch of Holy Cross fans declaring national power status based on their 1947 title. UConn basketball program is in the hospice known at the AAC and its football is already in the dirt. Let them RIP.
McCullough, Joseph and Cooney... all from Uconn territory. Same with Richardson.

your mid major team does have quite the formidable frontcourt - I think this is really gonna be Olander's year - sure would be nice to have our slim hopes depend on a selfish ballhog chucker (who couldn't approach Kemba in his dreams)

McCullough, Joseph and Cooney... all from Uconn territory. Same with Richardson.
Already play BC in New England. Was fine ditching GTown until UM left the ACC. Now we could use a game in DC. UConn adds nothing.

Already play BC in New England. Was fine ditching GTown until UM left the ACC. Now we could use a game in DC. UConn adds nothing.

True.

McCullough is from NYC, Joseph is from NH, and Cooney is from Delaware
Thought McCullough played ball in NH, or used to.

Always get Delaware mixed up with New England :mad:

NH/Mass is Uconn territory.

Its really a no win situation. If you beat them everybody says "big whoop you beat UConn" and if you lose to them, it'll be the sort of upset that's the biggest story in sports for that day. Plus we don't need the RPI hit of playing them either. If you play them 2 in the dome and 1 at MSG they can recruit telling kids they'll get to play in the Carrier Dome, etc. Just best to stay away.

Now see, you had to open your big mouth. You do realize that we have a vote about who gets in the ACC, don't you? Moron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom