Lets play a series with UConn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lets play a series with UConn

Its really a no win situation. If you beat them everybody says "big whoop you beat UConn" and if you lose to them, it'll be the sort of upset that's the biggest story in sports for that day. Plus we don't need the RPI hit of playing them either. If you play them 2 in the dome and 1 at MSG they can recruit telling kids they'll get to play in the Carrier Dome, etc. Just best to stay away.
Valid points.

Thought McCullough played ball in NH, or used to.

Always get Delaware mixed up with New England :mad:

NH/Mass is Uconn territory.
McCullough played at Brewster in NH but is an NYC kid

NH/Mass being UConn territory is very debatable, I am from MA and do not come across many UConn fans

Now don't get out the rope and look for a tree for me before you hear me out. Let's play a 4 game series in D.C.. Split the tickets. Sell the place out. think of how insulting that is to G-town, the cowards that won't play us. Let's face it, the two fan bases hate each other. What better way to get at that hate? I know a lot of people want them to die on the vine in that joke of a league they are in. Fine. But this plan also sticks it to G-town.
While we're at it lets kill puppies, lay waste to rain forests, release convicted murederers on the the street and vote for Obama.

All better than playing a mid major that has no future value...

3 rings?
Yea and once Enron was a great investment. Eat my dogs shitty UConn.

UConn doesn't need to play mid-majorettes on the road.
One of our hall of fame admins was lamenting all the UCon hate on this board yesterday and wondering why we harbor such ill feelings toward the dogs. Shortly thereafter several Huskie themed threads mysteriously disappeared. Here is exhibit A. And this guy is a rookie. Bush league, but typical of a dumbass UCon fan.

Now see, you had to open your big mouth. You do realize that we have a vote about who gets in the ACC, don't you? Moron.

All of you???

SU gains nothing by playing UConn...it's a no win situation. Why elevate them? If we want to play in DC we can play anyone there. Playing Nova in Philly and St. John's in MSG is great for recruiting so we're doing that and it's important to continue that. We don't need UConn. Anyway, I'm sure the NCAAT will match us up in the same bracket plenty of times in the next few years.

Its not like Football - we are both national programs - its not like we are competing for that many recruits or its a zero sum game. Both programs can thrive at the same time.

So, there is no reason not to play. The fans of both programs would like to see the game - maybe not message board posters - but the people who go to games. It would be a big, loud crowd.

I'd love it if we played in MSG or Brooklyn.

If you and I were to engage in a competition for labeling the countries of the world. I have the weirdest feeling I'd win.
I'm pretty bad with the African continent. But aside from that I'm good.

I have a feeling if we were to engage in a conversation about dajuan coleman, yous pop a weird 3 inch boner.

Not sure why you came at me but now I feel I must humiliate you.

Its not like Football - we are both national programs - its not like we are competing for that many recruits or its a zero sum game. Both programs can thrive at the same time.

So, there is no reason not to play. The fans of both programs would like to see the game - maybe not message board posters - but the people who go to games. It would be a big, loud crowd.

I'd love it if we played in MSG or Brooklyn.
Alright, enough of your rational nonsense. You insult us, we insult you. Try to keep up here, man!

While I hope we get into a pre-season tourney that has UConn in the field as well sometime in the future, there simply is no good reason to play the Huskies OOC.

St. John's, Nova, and G'Town (if they ever decide to get around to signing the contract) are the three teams we should play. Getting those three on our schedule along with a BiG team and whatever pre-season tourney match-ups we get is more than enough.

Cheers,
Neil
This

I was setting you up for "The only country that matters in America".

And now I'm hurt.
When I'm trying to peck a fight with connvicts you need to stay out of the line of fire.

When I'm trying to peck a fight with connvicts you need to stay out of the line of fire.
I thought you were talking to me because I pointed out how I get Delaware mixed up.

The next time we play it will probably be the B1G/ACC challenge.
Ehh not impossible... they took Rutgers. But ya have about 5 years to get in somewhere or your programs will fall so far you wont be viable whenever the next round of reallignment DOES happen.

Why? I don't think its a lock that we would play Duke.
The big 10,what makes you appealing? You beating their other obvious mistake... rutgers.? Uconn adds no eyes because no one gives a shitt sans the boneryard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom