Lets play a series with UConn | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lets play a series with UConn

Just another top 10 team, that is.
Still with BE era recruits. As the kids you're recruiting get further and further removed from memories of UConn battling big teams in the BET or Big Monday and they are remembered more and more for games against SMU nobody ever saw the program will fade into mid-major obscurity. The caveat being of course, unless you find a life raft in the next 5 years. Football is already dead. Basketball is still on the BE lifeline... but it wont last long.

you won't be in the B1G. They have no interest in you. And when they get the complete stink of Rutgers, they will want you even less. And my deal was not for MSG. We can play St john's there. It's D.C. or nothing.

Still with BE era recruits. As the kids you're recruiting get further and further removed from memories of UConn battling big teams in the BET or Big Monday and they are remembered more and more for games against SMU nobody ever saw the program will fade into mid-major obscurity. The caveat being of course, unless you find a life raft in the next 5 years. Football is already dead. Basketball is still on the BE lifeline... but it wont last long.

Right. Of course Ollie just signed an incredible class and we are in the mix with tons of top players for 2015.

Other than being completely factually wrong, you make some interesting points.

Football is going to be tough. Fact is that on-the-field, we are in a tougher conference. It may hurt to hear, but Houston, UCF, ECU all field better teams than SU or Pitt.

Unlike SU, we do have a desperate feeling when it comes to football. I imagine our next coach will be paid double your current coach and have a track record twice as impressive. We are looking at the model of Cincy or UofL, not the SU or Rutgers model when it comes to coaches.

Football is going to be tough. Fact is that on-the-field, we are in a tougher conference. It may hurt to hear, but Houston, UCF, ECU all field better teams than SU or Pitt.

Jesus christ.

GO.
AWAY.
YOU UCONN FANS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Top 10... no. You have a good backcourt but so far you have beaten a beat up gator squad that will struggle to stay relevant without a pg and a hoosier team who is going to incur a great deal of growing pains and is likely a bubble team. Lets see what happens against the cards before you stake claim to top 10. Not saying it isnt possible but I don't see it at all yet.

As for penfield... you are joke. A delusional classless joke. Go back to your cage.

Right. Of course Ollie just signed an incredible class and we are in the mix with tons of top players for 2015.

Unlike SU, we do have a desperate feeling when it comes to football. I imagine our next coach will be paid double your current coach and have a track record twice as impressive. We are looking at the model of Cincy or UofL, not the SU or Rutgers model when it comes to coaches.

yea with what the states money? broke as mother effers. And he did say the FURTHER REMOVED THE MEMORIES OF UCONN BEING RELEVANT THE LESS LIKELY THEY WILL BE ABLE TO RECRUIT. which, will be accurate. In the sands of time... you will known as a flash in the pan.

"NOT A DIME BACK "
in the shittiest accent I have ever heard.

Jim Calhoun.

Top 10... no. You have a good backcourt but so far you have beaten a beat up gator squad that will struggle to stay relevant without a pg and a hoosier team who is going to incur a great deal of growing pains and is likely a bubble team. Lets see what happens against the cards before you stake claim to top 10. Not saying it isnt possible but I don't see it at all yet.

As for penfield... you are joke. A delusional classless joke. Go back to your cage.

I think we'll be in the top 10 next week. We're at 12 before beating Florida.

an incredible class??? Considering your situation its a decent haul but incredible... no.

I think we'll be in the top 10 next week. We're at 12 before beating Florida.
Florida... at home... sans chris walker and 2 other players... you're good though... maryland and indiana are tough.. NIT tough.

You have completely gone mad.

LOL there is just too much to laugh at. Are you here all week? Two shows nightly? Those schools look tough beating the crap out of teams like UConn. We are on our way back. For 15 years we played at a SEC school level. Beat schools like LSU, Ohio St. Colorado, Florida, Nebraska, Michigan, Texas, when they were good. If football schools were stocks, Syracuse would be a buy and hold. None of the schools you mentioned would be. I would be surprised if any coach with a future would take the UConn job. Randy couldn't wait to get out. He saw this happening. I agree it will take a lot of dough to get anyone to coach there.

yea with what the states money? broke as mother effers.

The state of CT just committed (use your best Austin Powers voice) ONE BILLLLLLLLIOOOON DOllARS to UCONN.

So, we got that going for us, which is nice.

The state of CT just committed (use your best Austin Powers voice) ONE BILLLLLLLLIOOOON DOllARS to UCONN.

Couple that with all the money you are getting from the AAC...oh, wait

I've posted this numerous times in the numerous 'We should play UConn' threads over the last year or so. omniorange said it best, but I'll elaborate (because that's what the interwebs were created for). If we play SJU, Nova, and Georgetown on an annual (or close enough to that) basis, there is no need to play UConn, other than some false sense of 'history'. We used to play Penn St every year (twice, when I was in school). We don't play them anymore at all. NYC, Philly, DC. There's no need to go to Storrs, or even Hartford (as easy as it is for me to get to either place). The ''recruiting' aspect doesn't hold water. If there is a high-level recruit from CT that we would consider recruiting, it makes no difference if we play in CT or not. We're on TV every freakin' game. They can see us and know what we're about. So can the entire country. We don't play in Delaware, yet we managed to sign Cooney. How did that happen?

It's a lose-lose situation. If we beat UConn, we're supposed to. If we don't, we lost to a mid-major (or member of a mid-major conference - don't kid yourself UConn fans, that's what it is: you're the A10 with football; you have some good teams because there's a lot of talent around, but when's the last time an A10 team won the NC?).

If it weren't for Syracuse and the rest of the original BE, UConn would be in the NEC. We could have had Holy Cross instead of them. They have peaked (and granted, they peaked very well). But as far as I'm concerned, unless pigs start to fly, they are stuck in the ACK and are essentially Xavier with a football team. Some really good years. But as the years go by and they are separated from their titles, recruiting will drop and they will consider a successful season one where they make it to the Sweet 16. That's fine. It works for St. Louis.

But there's just no need to play them. So, I guess what I'm saying is my vote is No. :)

RPI this year:

SU - 69
Pitt - 61
Houston - 41
ECU - 33
UCF - 16

It's not about 'this year', genius. How many times does "UCONN" fan have to do the "plug ears, cover eyes" deal about history and college football?

SYRACUSE IS BETTER THAN FLORDIA THIS YEAR. Therefore, Syracuse Football > Flordia Football?
Seriously. When will you guys get this?

Last edited:
If football schools were stocks, Syracuse would be a buy and hold. None of the schools you mentioned would be.

Right because NY is college football mad, and no one cares about football in TX or central FL?

Not sure about that logic.

should help your limited endowment. bet tax payers are tickled pink.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom