Looks like we could Doug Marrone as the next Tennessee Titans HC | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Looks like we could Doug Marrone as the next Tennessee Titans HC

SUFan44 said:
Because it was all fake. His agent leaked all the info to the "insiders" of the NFL. And for the second straight year, those insiders turned out to be clueless just like most of the rest of us.

But of those he interviewed with 5 of them which also was the most.

Marrone has a lot to overcome. He is difficult for a front office to work with, his players hate him, he sucks with the media, he is too thin skinned. He isn't worth the headache to most teams.

I got this one wrong. I guess don't trust insiders is the thing to learn. I tend to trust Adam Schefter but he was used for sure.

I don't know if Marrone will get a HC job now in the NFL unless he becomes the interim guy and earns the job.

How Mike Mularkey has gotten his 3rd HC job with 0 playoff appearances is just amazing. That dude should not be a HC either. Is Dick Jauron going to be the next Titans coach after him.

How Mike Mularkey has gotten his 3rd HC job with 0 playoff appearances is just amazing. That dude should not be a HC either. Is Dick Jauron going to be the next Titans coach after him.
Wade or Chan

The "spin" coming out tonight from a few outlets is that no qualified candidates would take the job because they know the team will be sold soon and nobody wants to go through an ownership change. So they (the franchise) just gave up and gave it to Mularky.

Let me guess, Marrone Fan Club, next year is the year that St. Doug gets another NFL HC job, right?

Rough night for the MFC. Actually, rough couple of off-seasons for them.

I guess being fired instead of quitting probably clinched it for him.
Or actually having a good NFL coaching resume.

People tend to look at it.

But you're right.

Fired > quitting in the NFL.

Especially under the well documented situation BB found himself him.

Hell Marrone had the perfect excuse to get fired scenario for him to be in, yet he QUIT before getting that point.

Nobody likes a quitter.

How do you sell that to a fan base???

How do you expect him to lead men???

Quitters = lowest form of scum on the earth.

And to be clear, I don't hate Marrone, I have often said I'll take him on my team, the NYG's, staff.

As a matter of fact, the role I said I'd take him in, is still open.

But we don't want a quitter as the #1 guy.

His Scarlet Letter is a big fat Q.

I know guys who do that. Happens all the time.

I do as well ... the company I was working for was acquired because of a guy who does just what you described ... and he wasn't viewed by many within the walls of our company as being a hero for doing it.

Because it was all fake. His agent leaked all the info to the "insiders" of the NFL.
His agent is good. He didn't even get a single interview...all fake. And the media believed his agent that he did!

Stern said:
The "spin" coming out tonight from a few outlets is that no qualified candidates would take the job because they know the team will be sold soon and nobody wants to go through an ownership change. So they (the franchise) just gave up and gave it to Mularky.

Isn't that exactly the type of equity opportunity that the CEO Marrone looks for?

It's not about quitting, it's about the stock payout.

I have a difficult time believing a pro team would rather hire a loser than a winner who is difficult to get along with.

I have a difficult time believing a pro team would rather hire a loser than a winner who is difficult to get along with.
loser > difficult !

I get obnoxious is your thing, but c'mon.
Sports.

But I was also instilled with a belief to never quit anything, to always finish what you started and to give your best.

But I get that every mountin is too high for some folks here.

I honestly can't believe that we are all not 100% in agreement that Doug is a quitter for what he did to his players and staff in buffalo.

And for some ridiculous reason we now have...

Marrone=corporate raider???

Sports.

But I was also instilled with a belief to never quit anything, to always finish what you started and to give your best.

But I get that every mountin is too high for some folks here.

I honestly can't believe that we are all not 100% in agreement that Doug is a quitter for what he did to his players and staff in buffalo.

And for some ridiculous reason we now have...

Marrone=corporate raider???
I like to think of him as more like a Captain of Industry, or Titan of Commerce.

All4SU said:

How else do you explain him going thru 2 coaching hire cycles and being stuck as OL coach for the least attractive franchise in the NFL?

Maybe the other owners think he's a break evener, not a winner. They're not buying on that 9th win against the SB champs without their MVP QB.

Marrone should be lobbying for an OC role right now. One where he calls the plays. The longer he stays an OL coach, the longer he's considered an OL coach.

How else do you explain him going thru 2 coaching hire cycles and being stuck as OL coach for the least attractive franchise in the NFL?

Maybe the other owners think he's a break evener, not a winner. They're not buying on that 9th win against the SB champs without their MVP QB.

Marrone should be lobbying for an OC role right now. One where he calls the plays. The longer he stays an OL coach, the longer he's considered an OL coach.
I cannot explain it.

dont give yourself an out.

make a stand.

NEVER EVER, WILL MARRONE GET HIRED AS AN HC.

Amazes me that there were seven head coaching positions open.

All seven were filled by offensive coaches.

None by Marrone.

Seems his talent, and he is talented, is stymied by...him?

Amazes me that there were seven head coaching positions open.

All seven were filled by offensive coaches.

None by Marrone.

Seems his talent, and he is talented, is stymied by...him?
Well, let's be honest about it though. Media guys talk to each other. Hiring Marrone is an immediate PR hit. Can't really bring a bad media guy in to a big market unless he's got a huge resume - Marrone doesn't. So the fit needs to be pretty unique to start with, and even if the fit is right for him to be successful he's still got to be the #1 candidate.

He's a fantastic benchmark interview though. Somebody else already liked him enough to give him the job, and he was moderately successful. Knowing those things has value. Talking to him is a great way to start differentiating your candidate pool. If by the end you feel he's a great candidate that's terrific, if not, at the very least he helped you get some clarity on how you felt about everyone else.

Cheap essentially interim while they try to sell. Marrone supposedly doesn't like that instability but he still went for it