Louisville Game Thread... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville Game Thread...

Even in my daydreams about next year I know full well Dungey will be hurt by November so we're gonna have to hope a R Frosh is ready to win

You'll get Mahoney and halfback dives and like it.

First time my faith in Dino is shaken. The D doesn’t look like it cares and that’s the coaching.

I felt similar about the way we ended the 2011 season so i’m not giving up. Part of me says he MUST PRODUCE next year. But the rational side of me thought this was a 4-5 year rebuild when he was hired.

It’s just hard to watch when it looks like everyone is giving up.

I get it, i live in boston I know the dynamic. Just saying the game will be on tv tonite and will be fun to watch. Just like the ND one is.
It’s on CBSSN.
Unless you pay for that channel it’s not on cable.

The rating of that game will be nothing.

What road game did you expect Syracuse to win before the season.

This season has been a downer because we lost to Middle Tennessee.

We all thought preseason it was a 5 or 6 win team.
That would be 100% true if we didn't all see that disaster last week. We had a 17 pt lead at home against a team that we should be on par with and got blown out in a must win game, 40-5 in the second half. That can't be sugar coated. That really was as bad as anything we have seen in the past 20 years. 40-5 in one half against Wake Forrest?

The game got no talk on WEEI or the Sports Hub during the week.
EEI is at Fenway today and they weren’t talking about it.

Notre Dame-BC played at Fenway 2 years ago. The game doesn’t matter outside the 30k at the game.

Yeah a 3 win UConn team is really moving the excitement meter in a city that doesn’t care about BC that much when they’re a top 10 team.

HCDB better take a long hard look at Ward after this season. This is more than just a lack of talent.
To what end? To let Ward go?

That ain't happening.

Ward's defense improved last season to this season. I don't think it's a coincidence that it started struggling when we started losing players to injury.

In fairness, they play on the other side which is much easier than the side we are in. We would look a lot different playing on that side. And Virginia would look a lot worse playing on our side.

But wasn’t the first sentence correct? And
why do people blame the coordinator when kids do stupid things..

Because it’s up to them to coach the stupid things out of them. Once, okay. Twice, okay. Three times it’s on the coach...

Hard to be encouraged after a second straight year of this team absolutely collapsing. Injuries have played a role but staff has been just as bad especially Ward
Let's not re-write history.

The defense has been great right up until the 2nd half of the Wake game and today's game.

Get a grip, we are also down to 1 original DB starter, Scoop and he was out a game or 2 this year.

Team needs a QB, has one til he hurt his wheel against FSU. Next year we have 2.

No defense is built for their offense to be. 3 and out machine

That would be 100% true if we didn't all see that disaster last week. We had a 17 pt lead at home against a team that we should be on par with and got blown out in a must win game, 40-5 in the second half. That can't be sugar coated. That really was as bad as anything we have seen in the past 20 years. 40-5 in one half against Wake Forrest?
Wake was a tough loss but I cancelled it out with Clemson.

That is why I said Middle Tennessee is the problem right now.

The game got no talk on WEEI or the Sports Hub during the week.
EEI is at Fenway today and they weren’t talking about it.

Notre Dame-BC played at Fenway 2 years ago. The game doesn’t matter outside the 30k at the game.
30k might be on the high side.

Worn out lol? I mean, you might be right but I seriously hope not...

With the up tempo offense, our guys end up playing the equivalent of about 15 games. And when you don’t have depth you wear out at the end of seasons especially with injuries.

why do people blame the coordinator when kids do stupid things..

Because no preparation. They just seem confused and unprepared. Players have no idea we're they are supposed to be. If it was one player then yes it's on the player but this entire team just doesn't know who to go after in an option, who should set the edge. Simple things like that... If they were prepared it wouldn't be 21 to 3 right now. And that is on DC. Decent play calls but that's about it

We are horrible against dual threat QBs which is compounded by our secondary being decimated. So takeaway your 1st and 2nd team defensive backfield, your starting QB who is the best player on the team and its heart and soul. Takeaway your starting TB toss in a torrential rainstorm against the best running QB since Mike Vick and you get destroyed.
Do you think Dino wishes he would have kicked the FG against FSU?

Team needs a QB, has one til he hurt his wheel against FSU. Next year we have 2.

No defense is built for their offense to be. 3 and out machine
Well, they scored on two or three plays to start the game. Our offense had nothing to do with that.

Clemson win was our bowl game and winning season. Nothing else matters.

To what end? To let Ward go?

That ain't happening.

Ward's defense improved last season to this season. I don't think it's a coincidence that it started struggling when we started losing players to injury.
But it now “looks” as though the d has no clue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom