Louisville game thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Louisville game thread

So which kid's going to get arrested tonight for fighting at Harry's?

JJReddawg said:
I can take a coaching change if they pay some crazy money and quit playing tiddlywinks.

I fear its coming, but we have been rebuilding for so long. It frustrating.

Sad part is that was Winfield's only chance of taking the back down. He looked like a toothpick trying to tackle a building

I fear its coming, but we have been rebuilding for so long. It frustrating.
We're not rebuilding anymore, were going backwards. Can you honestly see this staff as the staff that brings us back to the top 25?

Game fell apart after he punted from the forty. Not a coincidence. Meathead
We keep waiting for chances to come later. They don't. We have to take chances when we have them.

I said it earlier. They'd be better off just throwing bombs on downs 1-3. eventually they'd complete one.

OrangeAggieArmy said:
So glad I ponied up to go to the Clemson game. I may leave after Clemson touches Howard's Rock and runs down the hill.

May be able to claim it on your taxes as a loss...

It continues to be heartbreaking to watch the football program. I'll forever be behind them but todays game for me has elicited the feeling that any inertia the program had generated in recent seasons is no longer present. I've come to the realization that there are some things which are still deeply flawed and no amount of optimism or hardnosed philosophy is going to change that fact.

The experience when we were 1st and goal from the 2 yd. line and ended up 4th and goal from the 19 seems emblematic of where the program is right now. We seem on the precipice of scoring or something good happening only to be disappointed and seemingly moving in the wrong direction.

A team which repeatedly cannot score once it gets into the red zone... is not a team that is going anywhere. All I really need to make me happy is some semblance of respectability and the feeling that we are moving the program in the right direction. I'm hoping that it's just the frustration of the last 2 games that's boiling over... but I do wonder.

Just got home from the Dome. Anyone going to complain about me leaving early?

Have to scheme guys open in the passing game like Marrone did. McDonald will NEVER be able to recruit the talent that will allow us to just sit in the shotgun and run by DBs from FSU and Clemson, never. We are Syracuse, we need to be smart about our offense, not expect to just fly by people. His ideology was flawed from the beginning.

I don't give Shafer a pass because if you are a defensive coach you don't hire an O-coordinator that wants to go up tempo and runs the risk of leavingyour D on the field. Poor hire by Shafer, he needs a ball control/power running game on offense.

shafer going to go down because shafer is not a good hc

He's a good coach and a great DC. He'd be an adequate HC if he had a competent OC. Blame him for hiring his buddy WR coach and giving him the OC job, but the late scrambling for coaches and finances might have played a roll. Now his tenure at SU is being dictated by an OC who's over his head.

Shaf will end up getting fired here, will get hired to be a DC by another BCS school and will go back to being a great coach.

Last edited:
Can we use some of that ACC $$ to get a real OC...please?

The defense was good. I could chalk up the shoddy tackling to having blown their wad against ND, fatigue and injuries but they still did enough. If the offense had a pulse it's a completely different game. How many 3 and outs can a defense realistically weather. 6 fkn points.

Game fell apart after he punted from the forty. Not a coincidence. Meathead

2 plays to get 4 yards. So we go empty backfield, and predictably, Louisville blitzes. They were probably confused at how easy it was. Didn't help that their DT ran around our center like Bruce Smith in Super Tecmo.

I don't know how it happened but this team has become an unmitigated disaster.

We've become the joke we all thought Rutgers would be.

We're going to start losing recruits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom