Lunardi's latest Bruacamole | Syracusefan.com

Lunardi's latest Bruacamole

Take care of business this week and Buffalo/NYC is ours. That's what it's all about.

With a third round matchup against #7 UConn.

Sign me up. I doubt Wichita will be faced with having to play 2 out of K State/ Pitt and Louisville/Mich St. They would certainly have to earn their way to the Elite 8.

Still think Lunardi is full of it. Wichita State belongs no where near the one line if he is going to the use argument he uses for KU over SU. Its rather weaksauce and just reeks bias. You have to be consistent or your a hack IMO.

Sign me up. I doubt Wichita will be faced with having to play 2 out of K State/ Pitt and Louisville/Mich St. They would certainly have to earn their way to the Elite 8.

just out of curiosity, what have you seen from pitt or kstate that makes you think they would be a tough 8/9 out?

smu beats kstate and gonzaga beats pitt imo.

Still think Lunardi is full of it. Wichita State belongs no where near the one line if he is going to the use argument he uses for KU over SU. Its rather weaksauce and just reeks bias. You have to be consistent or your a hack IMO.

what reems bias even more (and i dont care at all...) is the fact that on saturday morning we were #1 and kansas was #2.

We lost @uva (ranked 8th in lunardis) kansas lost @okla st (43 in lunardis).

sunday morning kansas was #1 we were #2.

There is no plausible explanation for that. He lost all credibility based on his own rankings. Kansas fans are pretty smart, I think they would even agree that is bogus.

Take care of business this week and Buffalo/NYC is ours. That's what it's all about.

I would rather the team be playing really well with 8 losses and not be playing in Buffalo.

I wouldn't be thrilled to see UConn in the second round. They know our zone, and have several players who shoot the 3 well (although they are streaky). Also, with Grant limited our advantage against them in the front court would be marginalized a little.

I wouldn't be thrilled to see UConn in the second round. They know our zone, and have several players who shoot the 3 well (although they are streaky). Also, with Grant limited our advantage against them in the front court would be marginalized a little.

With the latest stretch of games we've played, it's a little tough to look at teams in the #7 seed range I WOULD be thrilled to see. I agree that UConn's guards that can dribble in to the zone and also shoot from range would be a little scary.

just out of curiosity, what have you seen from pitt or kstate that makes you think they would be a tough 8/9 out?

smu beats kstate and gonzaga beats pitt imo.
I think Pitt is always "tough" to play. But mostly I was thinking about how K State would react to playing one of their states "little brothers" when that little brother is a #1 seed. I'm pretty sure KSU and KU fans look down on Wichita as a lesser program. And KState has beaten Kansas and Iowa St in the past month. SMU and Gonzaga are the over rated teams imo. One of us might be right!?

Does it really matter if we don't get a #1 as long as we get Buff/NYC?

Reactions: cto
i'd much rather run thru the top side of that bracket. (kentucky,michigan,uconn vs. smu,ucla, st. louis).

Bring em on. We need to leave them with a bad taste in they moufs

I would take this seeding. MSG as a two seed is better than a one seed in Disney Land.

i just think an EAST 2 seed is a long shot . gotta believe that either SU,duke,uva or unc is winning the acc tourney. winner goes in the #1 slot.(exception being unc) if unc takes the acc tourney then kansas may indeed get the east #1 if they win out and 2 slot might be the acct runner-up.

I would rather the team be playing really well with 8 losses and not be playing in Buffalo.

If they're playing well they won't be playing anywhere else.

Does it really matter if we don't get a #1 as long as we get Buff/NYC?

Playing the 4 vs the 2/3 in the S16 (potentially) is a big difference, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom