Lydon won't scrimmage at NBA combine | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Lydon won't scrimmage at NBA combine

I think he's a probable first round pick. Is he a lock? No, but staying another year will not help. I doubt he'll increase his stock, he'll be a year older in everyone's eyes, and he'll have one less year of earning potential.

Last edited:
I think he's a probable first round pick. Is he a lock? No, but staying another year will help. I doubt he'll increase his stock, he'll be a year older in everyone's eyes, and he'll have one less year of earning potential.
Yes. With another year at SU, Lydon would enter the draft as a fully exposed upperclassman (and an "old" one for his class), precisely the kind of player who is not being taken in the first round these days.

12? Who has him 12th? that would be shocking. The two guys on here who everyone seems to respect are Ford who has him out of the 1st round, and Draft Express who had him 25th. Gun to be head I think he goes like 25th or 26th, I would be stunned if he is a lottery pick.

Ford is so respected he got fired. I just posted the Wojo tweet about Miami possibly being interested in him if they stay at 14(he's the best in the business) and there's like 10 mock drafts other than those 2, but have at it.

He needs to stay so he can maximize his chances at a second contract. I mean he may not get drafted or get cut and end up in the D anyway but second contract tho.

Yes. With another year at SU, Lydon would enter the draft as a fully exposed upperclassman (and an "old" one for his class), precisely the kind of player who is not being taken in the first round these days.

He was exposed in the last 10 games of the season, in the ACC tournament, and in the NIT. Had to cost him a few rungs in the draft order.

He was exposed in the last 10 games of the season, in the ACC tournament, and in the NIT. Had to cost him a few rungs in the draft order.
Scouts will see a guy that played on a team of not very good players, who got to a final four, who played out of position for 2 years and who can shoot the rock. He will have enough size and athleticism. His "flaws" can be fixed.

I forgot the word "not"

Maybe he just wants to earn money for his services. Maybe he doesn't care if he's a lottery pick, or a first round lock. Maybe he regrets not leaving last year. Maybe maybe maybe. He's gone. I hope nothing but the best for him.

Maybe he just wants to earn money for his services. Maybe he doesn't care if he's a lottery pick, or a first round lock. Maybe d regrets not leaving last year. Maybe maybe maybe. He's gone. I hope nothing but the best for him.
People don't realize how close he was last year...

Why should Lydon come back? A subpar/unfinished/thin roster, playing all zone again, and most importantly he would probably be playing heavy minutes at the 5...again. Counting on Chukwu, Sidibe, or TT to man the 5 effectively or any combo of them is like playing lotto scratch offs constantly like a degenerate hoping for big payouts. Ain't gonna happen.

Scouts will see a guy . . . who played out of position for 2 years.
that is a common opinion, maybe even the consensus opinion . . . but on the other hand, there are those of us who believe, given the results when he tried to play forward, that center in a college zone is his best position

that is a common opinion, maybe even the consensus opinion . . . but on the other hand, there are those of us who believe, given the results when he tried to play forward, that center in a college zone is his best position

Small Forward you have a point, but how do you know that about PF. He barely played there and probably barely practiced there due to limits within our roster.

Then we have fans who think Battle who can be a PG when he had the worst assist rate on the team.

Small Forward you have a point, but how do you know that about PF. He barely played there and probably barely practiced there due to limits within our roster.

Then we have fans who think Battle who can be a PG when he had the worst assist rate on the team.

Lydon didn't play out of position on offense. There is plenty of tape of him playing Forward on offense.

And Battle could probably play PG if need be, though we won't need him there. His assist rate doesn't mean much because he was asked to score, not to be a passer/playmaker last season.

Ford is so respected he got fired. I just posted the Wojo tweet about Miami possibly being interested in him if they stay at 14(he's the best in the business) and there's like 10 mock drafts other than those 2, but have at it.

Being respected had nothing to do with it, have you been following what has been going on, everyone was being laid off by Espn.

Being respected had nothing to do with it, have you been following what has been going on, everyone was being laid off by Espn.

Yep. That's why they hired Wojo and will replace Ford with Wojnarowksi. Do you think Stein and Ford get fired if they don't get Wojnarowski?

Lydon didn't play out of position on offense. There is plenty of tape of him playing Forward on offense.

And Battle could probably play PG if need be, though we won't need him there. His assist rate doesn't mean much because he was asked to score, not to be a passer/playmaker last season.

The only guard that's had a worse assist rate for us in the past 10 years in Cooney in 13-14.

The only guard that's had a worse assist rate for us in the past 10 years in Cooney in 13-14.
He has a solid handle for a shooting guard and creates well for himself, but yeah, he doesn't really project well as a point guard right now.

Yep. That's why they hired Wojo and will replace Ford with Wojnarowksi. Do you think Stein and Ford get fired if they don't get Wojnarowski?

I have no idea but to sit there and say that he got fired because of performance isn't fair, Espn has been letting some good journalists go.

People don't realize how close he was last year...
He should have gone, as I posted at the time. He has lost the investment income on this years $1-2 Mill already.

He should have gone, as I posted at the time. He has lost the investment income on this years $1-2 Mill already.

I remember a scout saying this time last year, that the wrong Syracuse player left early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom