Macky MacPherson | Syracusefan.com

Macky MacPherson

Crazy I thought someone would take him as an UFA.
Where's Coughlin?

If Coughlin and/or Marrone feel like he has no shot to make their team, they would be hurting Mackey by bringing him to their camp. Maybe he's still weighing his options- he is a bright kid and I could see him waiting to find his best chance instead of jumping at an early offer.

Does he have any interest in coaching? Center is a great position to play if you want to teach the game later. There's one very good precedent out there for an overachieving-but-undersized center from a northeastern university who grew up around the game becoming "halfway decent" as a coach.

Does he have any interest in coaching? Center is a great position to play if you want to teach the game later. There's one very good precedent out there for an overachieving-but-undersized center from a northeastern university who grew up around the game becoming "halfway decent" as a coach.
Yes he'd like to coach someday but after getting playing pro ball out of his system.

If Coughlin and/or Marrone feel like he has no shot to make their team, they would be hurting Mackey by bringing him to their camp. Maybe he's still weighing his options- he is a bright kid and I could see him waiting to find his best chance instead of jumping at an early offer.
thats all there is...early offers.

no shame for him.

he done us good.

Or Marrone.

Buffalo has one of the top centers in the NFL, nothing against Macky but Buffalo isnt a great place for him to sign.

Buffalo has one of the top centers in the NFL, nothing against Macky but Buffalo isnt a great place for him to sign.
if someone brings him in it's not to compete for starting center - it'll be as a long snapper who can also provide an insurance policy as a backup center

You can have a very long career as a long snapper.
and they are 'snapped up' and signed....early.

a very important skill.

can macky snap it and be the 1st one down field 45yds later to make the tackle??

you dont just snap it and run off the field, this isnt a faceoff.

lets hope he somehow gets a call, it would be nice for him to say he was in a camp.

but...

and they are 'snapped up' and signed...early.

a very important skill.

can macky snap it and be the 1st one down field 45yds later to make the tackle??

you dont just snap it and run off the field, this isnt a faceoff.

lets hope he somehow gets a call, it would be nice for him to say he was in a camp.

but...
Macky is a fine special teams player. He definitely can block, run and tackle better than most long snappers in the NFL.

I would be surprised if he doesn't at least get on an NFL roster as a long snapper. But it is a very specialized skill. You have to be in the right place at the right time to get in. Hope it happens for him, someone who loves to play like he does deserves a little more time on the field.

I think Macky eventually gets a chance but if he doesn't that would be just as disappointing to me as Rob Long never getting a chance.

I think Macky eventually gets a chance but if he doesn't that would be just as disappointing to me as Rob Long never getting a chance.
I would have loved if Rob Long made a roster. He always had the hang time on his punts but seemed to struggled with accuracy. Not sure if coaches wanted it that way or not but his net was always so-so.
On Mackey it's ironic that he'll have to become smaller (leaner to improve athleticism) to become a long snapper in the NFL. He has the work ethic so I think he will get a whiff at a job.

It's unlikely - but it would be fun to see Mackey and Bromley go at it in a classic NFC East battle.

BnraroZIQAA8_vn.jpg:large

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom