Marc Stein reporting.. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Marc Stein reporting..

Lebron haters complain no matter what he does. Oh he scored 17 in the 1st? Well the 1st quarter isn't as important as the 4th. Oh he scored 19/21 in the 3rd? He should have done that in the 1st. Give me a break.

JrodCuse said:
As a Heat fan I am all for this. Wade is aging and while he has been good this playoffs I have to imagine he will start fading within the next year or two. I actually wouldn't be surprised of all the "big 3" to see Wade go elsewhere to get max $ one last time. Bosh has already come out and said I'm staying and I'll take less $. Dude is a very smart guy and realizes the strengths of the Heat organization. Lebron really isn't going anywhere even if the Heat lose to the Spurs, nowhere else makes sense for him and then he has a mercenary tag on him for the rest of his life. Riley is a mastermind and has set this team up perfectly. He swung for the fences and connected and now is going to have a superstar team for the next 4+ years even if Melo doesn't come to the heat. As a Cuse fan this would be amazing. If the Heat can find a way to keep all 3 AND add Melo that would just be insane. They would clearly be representing the east for the next several years and would be the favorites to win it all every year. Everyone loves hating on the Heat, so why not make it even more fun to hate on them? And people tuning in to watch the "bad guys" always drives ratings up, because people want to see them lose. There is only 1 basketball and there would be a logjam of shots so it wouldn't go as smoothly as everyone imagines. Would take some adjusting for all of them but would be quite fun to watch, whether a Melo fan, Heat fan, or just a hater.

No. Would be boring as hell. We know they can all play - I want to see a team rise up to challenge the Heat with Melo as a direct competitor to LeBron. That's interesting.

RF2044 said:
Yes the did, but it took a miracle--otherwise the Spurs beat them in 6. Everyone acts like last year's championship was a fait accompli with the Heat being unbeatable, but the truth of the matter is that the Spurs were probably the better team last year as well, and blew it. I know, I know--ifs and buts. But the Spurs had them dead to rights in game 6. You have to give Miami credit for making those miracle plays to erase the 6 point deficit in 10 seconds, but if ever there was a team perfectly suited to take on Miami, it is this Spurs team.

This. The way the Spurs are destroying the Heat right now - it's like their claiming this years championship and laying claim to last years retroactively. Heat look old and outmatched. Getting Melo will cement LeBrons legacy as a guy who always needed lots of superstar help to win anything.

Getting Melo will cement LeBrons legacy as a guy who always needed lots of superstar help to win anything.

GTFOOH with this. MJ had a HOFer on his team for all six of his titles, and an additional one for three. He just had the good fortune of not getting drafted to a mediocre organization.

Melo hysteria is in full effect.

L.A. Thinks they could be a possible landing spot for Lebron and Melo so they are just chillin the cut waiting for something to happen.

Wojo is reporting that Melo is leaning towards leaving NY, yet just today a report says Phil expects him to opt out but that they like their chances of him staying.

Houston is all in with Dwight and Harden recruiting him.

Chicago, also all in with Noah recruiting him.

Oh and how could I forget about Miami lol.

Crazy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom