Marcus Washington: Torn Bicep | Syracusefan.com

Marcus Washington: Torn Bicep

I believe he was third team Star behind Barron and Gould. A deep position, but never good to have a guy go down.

He was projected to be a solid contributor on special teams.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Go Orange!
Condolences to Marcus. I think he has a good chance to start next season.

I'd have to guess his season is over. This is a tough one to bounce back from.

Physically, I’m not sure the type of motion that would tear a bicep on the field, unless it was lifting related

Physically, I’m not sure the type of motion that would tear a bicep on the field, unless it was lifting related
The biceps is activated during some shoulder movements as well as elbow flexion. You sometimes see it injured at the same time as rotator cuff injuries. You could tear it while lunging and reaching to tackle someone if you're out of position with an outstretched arm in the wrong position.

is he eligible for a RS? Losing a ST starter is not good.
Don’t think so since I believe he only played in 1 game freshman year at Georgia so that one technically would be redshirt. Ofcourse I don’t know the full story and if there was some kind of documented injury that kept him from playing that year then usually getting that 6th year of eligibility is a no brainer (2 years lost do to injury). Most likely he’ll have 2 to play 2 starting next year.

He could apply for and get a medical redshirt. Due to the injury happening in the pre-season it's highly likely the NCAA would grant it.
The issue is that he already technically used a redshirt year. Obviously most things with the ncaa don’t make sense but traditionally they don’t grant medical redshirt (6th years) unless can prove/document there was an injury in previous redshirt year as well. Hence basically 2 injured years in order to get 6th.

The issue is that he already technically used a redshirt year. Obviously most things with the ncaa don’t make sense but traditionally they don’t grant medical redshirt (6th years) unless can prove/document there was an injury in previous redshirt year as well. Hence basically 2 injured years in order to get 6th.

He played one game in 2022. Unless he can prove that he was forced to shut down in 2022 due to a season ending injury, he's not likely to get the waiver.

The NCAA has been more forgiving recently on granting med redshirts when the original red-shirt year was a bit of an unknown. I have seen it handful of times recently for Lax at the D1 power level. Certainly no guarantee but I think if he wants it he would have a decent shot at one.

The biceps is activated during some shoulder movements as well as elbow flexion. You sometimes see it injured at the same time as rotator cuff injuries. You could tear it while lunging and reaching to tackle someone if you're out of position with an outstretched arm in the wrong position.
Yep. I tore mine trying to grab a running donkey with an outstretched arm. The pain wasn't bad at all. Felt like an electric shock, initially.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom