Marek Dolezaj | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

Moqui has some good points but as others have mentioned earlier in the thread is that the college 3 pt line is closer. That, plus additional strength, should have an impact on his shooting. Another thing that I don't think was mentioned, looking at those stats, is that he gets to the line a decent amount, which means he also drives to the hoop and not just a spot up shooter. Only 67.7% from the line, but hopefully that will improve. Yes, he was compared to some great foreign players, but part of that is due to his perceived upside. Put 20 or 30 lbs on this kid and I'll be real happy if he is Leo Rautins.

Oh...only Leo Rautins. Good thing we are dialing back the expectations for him. Leo was only like the 17th pick in the draft the year he came out.

Last edited:
i just can't wait for Boeheim's preseason predictions for this team. after all the heat he took about misjudging last years squad it's sure to be quite a modest assessment of talent with loads of snark !

Which would put his assessment in line with that of most well grounded Syracuse basketball fans.

Have there been any reports as to when Marek plans to arrive on campus? When does he finish his high school coursework? Obviously, the earlier she better to help ease the transition.

He's got to learn the 2-3 zone , develop some chemistry with teammates, and get stronger in a hurry if we want him to contribute as much as people are predicting on this board.

Coming from another country will add to his learning curve... new culture, language, being away from family, etc.

He's got talent, but in all fairness to Marek, I think we should tone down his freshman season expectations a bit.

That's so bonkers it's laughable.
No, actually it isn't. Never has there been a recruit more under sold by the SU fans than this kid. 80% chance he is one and done . And I'm low balling it. Kid will play the most minutes at forward for us by a good amount.

Add in the fact TT will probably be in foul trouble alot, and Marek could certainly be our 2nd leading scorer.

No, actually it isn't. Never has there been a recruit more under sold by the SU fans than this kid. 80% chance he is one and done . And I'm low balling it. Kid will play the most minutes at forward for us by a good amount.

Add in the fact TT will probably be in foul trouble alot, and Marek could certainly be our 2nd leading scorer.

Well, if he is better than Keith Van Horn like you're saying he is then we should probably win the National Championship this year considering we have much more talent around him than Van Horn had around him in Utah.

All I know factually is that this kid's gonna make you guys forget you ever heard the name Keith Van Horn.

In fact, all you'll end up saying is Dolezaj. Dolezaj.

All I know factually is that this kid's gonna make you guys forget you ever heard the name Keith Van Horn.

In fact, all you'll end up saying is Dolezaj. Dolezaj.
Can I just call him the Pineapple Man?
dole-pineapple.png

I can't tell much from his clips. However, that doesn't mean much, as I am VERY WEAK at identifying talent. Yes, I can see that players like Kyrie and Melo are good. But here's a short list of players I didn't think were very special in college:

- Draymond Green (we beat his MS team pretty handily and I didn't notice any transcendent talent);
- James Harden (same, except put in Ariz. State);
- Bradley Beal;

I can't tell much from his clips. However, that doesn't mean much, as I am VERY WEAK at identifying talent. Yes, I can see that players like Kyrie and Melo are good. But here's a short list of players I didn't think were very special in college:

- Draymond Green (we beat his MS team pretty handily and I didn't notice any transcendent talent);
- Bradley Beal;

Good examples. I thought the same in regards to those players. Throw in Steph Curry as well. I did hit on one though and knew he would be a star when I saw him play live at Arizona (vs my Trojans in LA)...Gilbert Arenas. 3x All-Star. Most Improved Player in 2003. He did have a 60pt game and three career 50pt games. Then he went crazy towards the end of this career.

- Bradley Beal;

This stuff is hard to see from just one or two viewings. If you were a fan of any of those teams you would have had a much more complete picture of these guys. I remember seeing Harden live against our zone and thinking "What's the big deal?" Looking at his game now its obvious he had no help at AzSt and putting him in the middle of our zone negated a lot of his strengths as a player.

This stuff is hard to see from just one or two viewings. If you were a fan of any of those teams you would have had a much more complete picture of these guys. I remember seeing Harden live against our zone and thinking "What's the big deal?" Looking at his game now its obvious he had no help at AzSt and putting him in the middle of our zone negated a lot of his strengths as a player.

True. Especially in regards to Harden. With Green and Beal I just didn't see it and watched many games of theirs. Green especially, to his credit, completely transformed his body in the NBA and really worked on his game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom