Marek Dolezaj | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

Agreed, his film looks good and he certainly looks capable of becoming much more than he was at ECU. If his 3pt shot can get up to 35%+, he is able to play the top of the zone or wing competently and continues improving his game off the bounce, he would be a solid player for us.

I just don't want the only guards added before the season to be him. Him coupled with Thorpe would be a very solid short term and long term solution. And I think we would still be able to recruit a shooter in the 2018 class since Hughes looks capable of playing the 2 or 3.

Agreed. Thorpe solves this years backcourt issues. Hughes solves a long term need at the the 2/3 while also giving you more flexibility recruiting the 2018 class. We absolutely must get a good PG in that class IMO.

Agreed. Thorpe solves this years backcourt issues. Hughes solves a long term need at the the 2/3 while also giving you more flexibility recruiting the 2018 class. We absolutely must get a good PG in that class IMO.
I'm not sure I'd say "solves" but it would certainly add impact, depth and some flexibility to our rosters going forward.

Add Jalen Carey (please), a shooting guard and hopefully Swider to the perimeter and we're looking at a pretty solid, talented and flexible perimeter. Carey/Washington/Hughes/2018 SG/Swider would be awesome.

I'm not sure I'd say "solves" but it would certainly add impact, depth and some flexibility to our rosters going forward.

Add Jalen Carey (please), a shooting guard and hopefully Swider to the perimeter and we're looking at a pretty solid, talented and flexible perimeter. Carey/Washington/Hughes/2018 SG/Swider would be awesome.
Would love that SG to be Robby Carmody. He and Swider would solve our shooting issues majorly. Than add the long athletes we have, and we would be very tough to beat.

Would love that SG to be Robby Carmody. He and Swider would solve our shooting issues majorly. Than add the long athletes we have, and we would be very tough to beat.
I almost forgot about Carmody. So many guys are getting attention this time of year, but we haven't heard much about our coaches checking him out, unless I am mistaken. Swider, on the other hand, seems like a high priority.

Agreed, his film looks good and he certainly looks capable of becoming much more than he was at ECU. If his 3pt shot can get up to 35%+, he is able to play the top of the zone or wing competently and continues improving his game off the bounce, he would be a solid player for us.

I just don't want the only guards added before the season to be him. Him coupled with Thorpe would be a very solid short term and long term solution. And I think we would still be able to recruit a shooter in the 2018 class since Hughes looks capable of playing the 2 or 3.

Buddy has to be the other 2 we bring in next year or I would assume. That would leave 2 spots open for Carey/Swider.

I almost forgot about Carmody. So many guys are getting attention this time of year, but we haven't heard much about our coaches checking him out, unless I am mistaken. Swider, on the other hand, seems like a high priority.

Yeah if Buddy comes to Syracuse we aren't taking Carmody...

IF we add Thorpe and Hughes, plus Washington does Frank leave? Is he happy being a 4 year bench player? IF any of the stories are true from last year how do we think he handles this?

Buddy has to be the other 2 we bring in next year or I would assume. That would leave 2 spots open for Carey/Swider.
Didn't include him because I didn't think he'd take a ship, but you're probably right that Carmody probably wouldn't come if he did.

Buddy wouldn't be taking a scholarship.

I am taking that into account. I would think Carey/Swider are priority and I doubt we bring in another 2 if we take Buddy with Hughes signing on this year.

If taking Buddy as a walk-on or a scholarship player costs you a player like Carmody it would be a mistake. Carmody has a complete game and to think that a player of his caliber is going to even share time with a walk on or scholarship player who also happens to be the coach’s son you are incorrect. Same argument could be made about Swider.

If taking Buddy as a walk-on or a scholarship player costs you a player like Carmody it would be a mistake. Carmody has a complete game and to think that a player of his caliber is going to even share time with a walk on or scholarship player who also happens to be the coach’s son you are incorrect. Same argument could be made about Swider.

How would taking Buddy as a walk-on cost you any other recruit? They could always wait until the 11th hour to do it even if its the plan all along. Plus it would be like having 13 ships again a year early. ;)

Not good enough if we want to make the tournament...

Seems like a bit of a narrow minded response. In your outcome-based scenario, I don't think there's a single SF available that pushes us over that threshold - not even Tucker, unless you bank on him putting up 30ppg+.

If we get Thorpe, he starts at the point and he and Tyus play 35 minutes each, with Frank spelling them for the other 10 minutes.
Thorpe was an accomplished enough player that he will want to go to a situation where he starts and plays major minutes. Hard to see him going to a situation where he's the 3rd guard playing 15 minutes a game. IMO, if he chooses SU it has to be he was told he has a realistic chance to start.

Seems like a bit of a narrow minded response. In your outcome-based scenario, I don't think there's a single SF available that pushes us over that threshold - not even Tucker, unless you bank on him putting up 30ppg+.

I don't think many people believe this is a tournament worthy roster. If you do then I digress. We need a guard and SF to space the floor. If Dolezaj comes in and doesn't produce much for us it doesn't solve our problems for this year.

JB makes too much for free tuition
Ironic that the most under paid HOF coach makes too much to get his kid a free education after all he's done

I don't think many people believe this is a tournament worthy roster. If you do then I digress. We need a guard and SF to space the floor. If Dolezaj comes in and doesn't produce much for us it doesn't solve our problems for this year.

I simply asked an on-topic question, not about a mystery guard. Would you add a SF that's able to contribute 5 and 5 in 15mpg, similar to Yurtseven (drawing from your earlier comment about his production at NCST)?

In my opinion, if the staff thinks Tucker's a miss and they can get that out of Dolezaj, you take him and split the minutes with OB/MM.

In my opinion, if the staff thinks Tucker's a miss and they can get that out of Dolezaj, you take him and split the minutes with OB/MM.

I think everyone believes we have missed on Tucker at this point including the staff. As far as Dolezaj remember he's mostly a mystery. Not much footage or information on his actual game. After this visit I'm sure the staff has a very good idea of what he is capable of while we as fans really don't. Those that reported said the visit went very well, i'll take that as a positive sign.

Your opinion. Imo, there is no way HW is playing more minutes than FH next season, unless FH breaks his leg or is charged with a felony. We'll have to let it play out but I am as confident in my position as you and others are in yours. Just hoping that when he's starting/playing significant minutes in fall the anti-FH fervor will subside and the crowd will support him. I really hope for that.

Agree with this completely.

I simply asked an on-topic question, not about a mystery guard. Would you add a SF that's able to contribute 5 and 5 in 15mpg, similar to Yurtseven (drawing from your earlier comment about his production at NCST)?

I'm skeptical just because what has happened over the past few years.

I'd hate to see Wilson go to UConn or St. Johns and have a huge impact and Dolezaj give us little. We can't afford that.

Your opinion. Imo, there is no way HW is playing more minutes than FH next season, unless FH breaks his leg or is charged with a felony. We'll have to let it play out but I am as confident in my position as you and others are in yours. Just hoping that when he's starting/playing significant minutes in fall the anti-FH fervor will subside and the crowd will support him. I really hope for that.

I think everyone would support Frank if he comes back with an improved game (and other things) and plays productive minutes. I just think that no matter how good he is doing in practice and workouts that people are going to be skeptical until we see it in games. There were lots of glowing reports about him last summer and leading up to the season. We are also after Thorpe so there is that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom