Marek Dolezaj | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Marek Dolezaj

If i compare him to anyone its a taller version of Reggie Miller ;-) but thats just me

Not the shooter Miller was at this stage but probably a better slasher and attacker. Plus his shots not bad at all.

I've seen a ton more of a 3 out of Brissett than Dolezaj.

He probably won't play the 4 for us this year, he may not play a bunch at all.

All I'm saying is if the kid doesn't improve his outside shot and gains some weight, he's going to be a 4. I don't think it's that crazy.

I think he starts at the 3 this year.

I think he starts at the 3 this year.

With Brissetts athleticism I think he'd be better suited to start from a defensive standpoint but with both of them being freshman I really don't know what JB will do here.

The 29.4% 3pt shooting numbers being thrown around here are based solely upon one tournament. So, obviously, that is what he must shoot all the time. Because SU has never had a player shoot a lower % during a tournament than they do the rest of the season. :bat:

The 29.4% 3pt shooting numbers being thrown around here are based solely upon one tournament. So, obviously, that is what he must shoot all the time. Because SU has never had a player shoot a lower % during a tournament than they do the rest of the season. :bat:

30+ games

With Brissetts athleticism I think he'd be better suited to start from a defensive standpoint but with both of them being freshman I really don't know what JB will do here.

Is Brissett more athletic than Dolezaj? I'm not sure but both look like great athletes. Not that that is more important than skills. Are you not impressed with the way Marek handles the ball?

Is Brissett more athletic than Dolezaj? I'm not sure but both look like great athletes. Not that that is more important than skills. Are you not impressed with the way Marek handles the ball?

I feel like I've seen it 100 times. Guy his size moving around seemingly at ease looking impressive. They get to the next level and have to transform their game because they things they could do or get away with they can no longer do.

I do think he's athletic and his jumping ability is impressive.

There are things that seem to translate well throughout the different levels in basketball and some of this kids best qualities are the most difficult to translate between the two levels of competition that he's going from to the ACC. If he did these things at a level that I thought was elite or close to it, that's one thing, but I wouldn't call his all handling elite and I think he's good, but I don't think that aspect of his game translates and I think his game is going to have to have adjustments if he wants to have success.

I think we have landed a gem. If he in fact is 6/9 his ball handling skills are very impressive. Im not worried about his shot as his form is solid. Great motor, good hops, vision and passing skills. Most of all he seems very aggressive. Solid all around player.

Welp, I should have stopped reading after the tweet that he committed. Woke up, and got the good news. Was excited, and now I gotta have a drink.

Welcome, Marek.

He's not too thin?

He's a great three point shooter and doesn't need to do a lot of work?

His competition isn't undersized from the videos we've seen?

That's my entire post broken down and while I'll get my post dissected by everybody on here the only thing I'm hearing is "I'm wrong" with nothing to back my concerns up. I didn't say anything that is crazy or negative, they're legit concerns going through all of the visual aids I've seen through this thread.

No, that wasn't your entire post. You also said that he couldn't shoot, and that he wouldn't contribute much next year, and that he was a power forward.

It was reported that the staff absolutely loves the kid and his game. I'm sure they have seen him more than us.

This isn't a Quade Green situation - we didn't tell other players to go kick rocks because we were all in on Marek. We missed out on Tucker and got this kid 2 weeks later, but again, I don't believe this was a Quade/Howard Washington thing where we panicked about not getting Tucker so we got this kid.

We had the scholarship and the staff loves him enough to use it on him. The way things were going we were going to have 1, maybe 2 scholarships open. This team isn't talented enough to leave scholarships unused.

I've seen a ton more of a 3 out of Brissett than Dolezaj.

He probably won't play the 4 for us this year, he may not play a bunch at all.

All I'm saying is if the kid doesn't improve his outside shot and gains some weight, he's going to be a 4. I don't think it's that crazy.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Others (including the staff) feel that MD is a good addition to the team. From the brief videos and the two games, you can see the energy that he can potentially bring to the team and to a game. Now, if you have criticism regarding a player and wanted some else, that is a shame it did not work out. Find the positive points in the players game not always the negative one. The key on any player is Potential which may or may not materialize. Tucker has potential but I did not feel that he brought much outside of his outside shooting (he reminded me of James Southerland). If we got Tucker, I would have been happy, and I am happy that we have MD.

He's taking small kids off the dribble in EVERY video, he wouldn't even be doing that in an AAU game let alone the ACC. The kid has hops and is aggressive which will mean nothing until he gains some weight against this competition. His game will slow down tremendously next season and beyond until he catches up.

So not to beat a dead horse anymore then we already have and obviously your opinion is your opinion and a pretty strong and different one from most on here that have watched tape or marek but here is just a small sample size of 4 teams that marek played in one of his leagues. Mind you it's men he's playing not high school boys so I'm really wondering how you came away thinking he was playing "small kids" from the videos u watched. (And you said you watched all of them)

**I had to post the photo on my Twitter because the site wouldn't let me upload the photo to the forum at the moment.**

My take is lazy? I watched every minute of tape on him in this thread.

Almighty figure? Sorry I didn't jump on board the bandwagon. I don't make my posts for likes, I post what I see and I really don't care what you or anybody else thinks.

Risk is fine, we have enough risk. We have a backup point guard who probably won't be ready in two years. We are using a scholarship on a guy not one P5 team wanted a year ago and who did nothing to show he went to another level with his game. Add in the risky 72 who will probably be sitting on the bench behind TT and Sidibe and we're looking at a lot of wasted space on a roster constructed by one proven basketball player and a bunch of freshman and unproven players.

Make your post attacking me and judging me to get your like count up, that's fine. I talk basketball and get mine the real way.

The board gets a little excited after a commit. Every single kid ever on the football side is underrated and going to blow up.

......I'd love to know when each game was played. Dolezaj clearly came into his own between the two. He definitely had visible potential in the first game, and he seemed to be realizing his potential in the second. Maybe we will get lucky and end up with a guy just starting to grow into his ceiling as a basketball player (which seems to be quite high). I have not seen ether him or Tucker play that much, but I've now seen them both in full games, and if I was a betting man I'd bet on Dolezaj having a better career, for whatever that's worth.

The raging debate about 2-3-4 is mostly irrelevant at this point, IMO, and even more so in JB's system. All of that will be sorted out relative to the other talent on the roster and what Dolezaj actually presents with in practice.

I think General20 best captured "what" this player is at this point and the staff's thought process here. Dolezaj is a tall, seemingly quick, very athletic recruit with an emerging and varied offensive skill set who already is able to produce relative to whatever level that competition is in the few tapes we have seen. He is an emerging, potentially high ceiling recruit with an unknown floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom