Marrone is a big stupid turd and for once it thrills me | Syracusefan.com

Marrone is a big stupid turd and for once it thrills me

Doug Marrone is a jam up guy and a fine football coach who turned this program around from the depths of hell. We may not eat from the same pack of bologna but he’ll always have my respect for that.

*I like claiming that struggling football coaches are “jam up guys”. I don’t really know what it means, but I heard Bret The Hitman Hart call another wrestler that once and I feel it’s an apt description for a struggling football coach.

Loved the aggressive fourth down calls yesterday. All I could think of was when we would punt no matter what.

Revisionist history? I think you’re thinking of when Shafer was the HC.

Loved the aggressive fourth down calls yesterday. All I could think of was when we would punt no matter what.
I don't talk about any of this stuff with my seven year old because i just want him to be quiet, i don't engage any more than i have to. But he couldn't believe they were punting. Are you smarter than a second grader?

I don't talk about any of this stuff with my seven year old because i just want him to be quiet, i don't engage any more than i have to. But he couldn't believe they were punting. Are you smarter than a second grader?

So instead of "You know your a redneck if" ....it's "You know you're a meathead coach if".

HA, dude, you're brutal... Lol.

I'll tell you what man, our last two conference games I really thought about it. Dino was ultra aggressive on fourth downs. It leaves you with the feeling that he really wants to put the hammer down on conference rivals. And I love it.

Every time I see a punt net a team 18 yards, I just think, holy shitezenberger' you're an idiot.

It's so nice not to be that idiot.

Revisionist history? I think you’re thinking of when Shafer was the HC.

I’m thinking of all past coaches, including Shafer and Doug. Meathead football has a long history at most schools.

I was talking about the SU game on Saturday...we’re on the same page.

HA, dude, you're brutal... Lol.

I'll tell you what man, our last two conference games I really thought about it. Dino was ultra aggressive on fourth downs. It leaves you with the feeling that he really wants to put the hammer down on conference rivals. And I love it.

Every time I see a punt net a team 18 yards, I just think, holy shitezenberger' you're an idiot.

It's so nice not to be that idiot.

ND had one on Saturday night that was bizarre. Made no sense.

I mean Dino went for it on our first possession from his own 30 yard line.
Dungey got the offsides free play and threw a deep ball to Johnson on it.
No chance any of our previous coaches go for it 4th and inches from our own 30 in the first quarter.
I couldn’t believe it in 2012 when Marrone punted against USC from the USC 32.
We punted from the opponents 32 after the opponent had gone for a 4th and 1 from their side of the field and another 4th down on our side.
It was maddening.

No chance any of our previous coaches go for it 4th and inches from our own 30 in the first quarter.
We punted from the opponents 32 after the opponent had gone for a 4th and 1 from their side of the field and another 4th down on our side.
It was maddening.

I couldn't believe Marrone had us in the Pinstripe Bowl in his second season.

I couldn't believe Marrone had us in the Pinstripe Bowl in his second season.
He did a good job but go look at that 2010 schedule.
We beat 2 teams that were solid West Virginia and South Florida.
We beat Akron 1-11 team
I-AA Maine
I-AA Colgate
South Florida 8-5 team
West Virginia 9-4 team
Cincinnati 4-8 team
Rutgers 4-8 team

That job on a curve wasn’t as good as it appears. Marrone did a solid job but 2010 looks good when people were sick of the destruction Greg Robinson had done to the program.

It was maddening.

Gut feel only, but I’m not sure we snap the ball and run a play there, nor on a couple other 4th downs, if they don’t jump.

Gut feel only, but I’m not sure we snap the ball and run a play there, nor on a couple other 4th downs, if they don’t jump.
I wondered that too...it was clear Dungey wanted to go for it no matter what.

We sometimes line up in those situations and then stand up and reevaluate. But seen enough it go both ways - assume that’s the point (keep other side guessing). I would have been happy going for it even without the flag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom