Minnesota, Villanova and Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Minnesota, Villanova and Pitt

moqui

generational talent
at this point, those are the only likely NCAA teams that Syracuse has faced this year. That's it.

Cal has lost 3 in a row and needs to beat Arizona on Saturday just to get on the bubble.

UNC has won 2 straight and has a chance to run that to 5 and get back in the picture before its back-to-back home games vs. Duke & Pitt.

It's remarkable how thin our schedule has been thus far. Duke will be just the 4th likely NCAA tournament team in 21 games, none of them on the road.

Then, starting with Pitt, we face 3 maybe 4 NCAAT teams (depending on FSU) in our last 8, all on the road.

This is correct - if the season ended today.
Ultimately, though, I think Cal and Baylor will be tourney teams as well.

This is correct - if the season ended today.
Ultimately, though, I think Cal and Baylor will be tourney teams as well.
Cal needs a marquee win or they are NIT bound . . . stick a fork in Baylor - 6 straight losses, 3 at home, 1-6 in conference

in fact, it might be more likely for Minnesota to fall out of the mix than for either of those two to get back in it.

I think you have to include Cal and UNC, the bubble is so full of garbage and as of right now they are both still in and will have plenty of chances remaining to stay in.

Cal needs a marquee win or they are NIT bound . . . stick a fork in Baylor - 6 straight losses, 3 at home, 1-6 in conference

in fact, it might be more likely for Minnesota to fall out of the mix than for either of those two to get back in it.
they get two shots at Arizona, including Saturday at home

at this point, those are the only likely NCAA teams that Syracuse has faced this year. That's it.

Cal has lost 3 in a row and needs to beat Arizona on Saturday just to get on the bubble.

UNC has won 2 straight and has a chance to run that to 5 and get back in the picture before its back-to-back home games vs. Duke & Pitt.

It's remarkable how thin our schedule has been thus far. Duke will be just the 4th likely NCAA tournament team in 21 games, none of them on the road.

Then, starting with Pitt, we face 3 maybe 4 NCAAT teams (depending on FSU) in our last 8, all on the road.
That's still 2 more than Wichita State has played and nobody seems to hold it against them.
Anyway 2 with Duke, another with Pitt, then UVa and FSU to come with 4 of 5 on the road. Still think UNC wins enough to get in.

That's still 2 more than Wichita State has played and nobody seems to hold it against them.
Anyway 2 with Duke, another with Pitt, then UVa and FSU to come with 4 of 5 on the road. Still think UNC wins enough to get in.
don't misread me - I am not holding it against SU. I think we have a better shot at winning it all than we did in 2010 pre-Arinze injury (and I think that was our best team ever). I'm just pointing out how relatively untested we are, and how difficult our final few weeks will be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom