mlb floating "arizona plan" | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

mlb floating "arizona plan"

Manfred needs to resign immediately.
He leaked his nuclear option was on the table thinking it gave him leverage in negotiating. Which was forcing a return of 50 games without a deal. Then he makes offers to the players which don’t even give the players ANYTHING more than the nuclear option he leaked. Thus his offers were all garbage. Players made offers that were actual offers.

He is so bad. He cut all of his negotiating by leaking to Rosenthal about his nuclear option which it’s clear now at least 8 owners are against using which is all that are needed. Those owners don’t want to play 50 games at full pro rated salaries and then open themselves up for an obvious grievance from the players that would have a strong chance to succeed.

Manfred is so bad he should be gone immediately. He makes Goodell look good.

Manfred needs to resign immediately.
He leaked his nuclear option was on the table thinking it gave him leverage in negotiating. Which was forcing a return of 50 games without a deal. Then he makes offers to the players which don’t even give the players ANYTHING more than the nuclear option he leaked. Thus his offers were all garbage. Players made offers that were actual offers.

He is so bad. He cut all of his negotiating by leaking to Rosenthal about his nuclear option which it’s clear now at least 8 owners are against using which is all that are needed. Those owners don’t want to play 50 games at full pro rated salaries and then open themselves up for an obvious grievance from the players that would have a strong chance to succeed.

Manfred is so bad he should be gone immediately. He makes Goodell look good.

He just got outfoxed by Tony Clark!

I honestly don't care at this point, less than an 81 game season and it's a fluke. Half of MLB doesn't play to win anyway.

Another question - what does no season do to service time, etc. Is the meter still on for guys to get one year closer to free agency, or did the Cubs just get another year or Kris Bryant? And the Phils stuck with a year older Bryce Harper 12 years from now?
Will the Orioles get the #2 pick again?

Owners are using this pandemic to try and break the Union. They are scum.

Players want their prorated salary.
Owners want players to give them a break even though they don’t want their “partners” to see how much money they are actually losing.
These owners want to install a salary cap. Screw them. I hope the sport goes away for a while.

MLB is dying popularity wise with people under 50 their isn’t going to be another Sosa and McGuire to break fans back. The sport has completely diluted the home run the last few years.
Baseball has become strike outs, walks and home runs.
The sport is big trouble because of greedy owners.
This is the MLS saying "Thanks for holding the door open. We'll take it from here."

What sport should replace MLB in the big 4? Lacrosse, MLS, or UFC?

Personally, I like watching Tennis way more than any of those.

UFC - the older I get, the more I hate it. Such a dumb “sport”.

Baseball will never be the national sport again, but I am confident that it will continue to be a popular and profitable regional sport.

How could anyone not like Scott Boras?
He is right on the money.
No other league during a negotiation they are asking their players to help them out during WITHOUT opening their books would be stupid enough to sign a billion dollars rights agreement during.

I mean the friggin owner of the Cardinals said the teams aren’t even that profitable.

It’s hilarious how much baseball owners think fans are stupid.

I hate Boras for what he has done to the game.
Boras has done nothing wrong to the game.
He works at the pleasure of his clients.

Baseball owners aren’t losing money. Players should get as much money as they can get. Boras does exactly his job.
His loyalty is to his clients not to specific teams.

I don’t care how much a player makes in a sport without a salary cap. Beers, concessions, jerseys aren’t going to be cheaper if players made less money. That money would just go into the owners pockets.

Boras has done nothing wrong to the game.
He works at the pleasure of his clients.

Baseball owners aren’t losing money. Players should get as much money as they can get. Boras does exactly his job.
His loyalty is to his clients not to specific teams.

I don’t care how much a player makes in a sport without a salary cap. Beers, concessions, jerseys aren’t going to be cheaper if players made less money. That money would just go into the owners pockets.

And he has a nose of taking advantage of dumb owners looking to "make a splash."

yup. when baseball was a cheap sport to attend and it was popular with the masses.. much better now that no one watches any more and players complaining about 5-10 million a yr.

we are at the same tipping point with college sports.

Baseball will never be the national sport again, but I am confident that it will continue to be a popular and profitable regional sport.
What's really interesting is that despite playing so many more games, all but three teams in the MLB have greater average attendance than the average NBA attendance figures. So many more people go to baseball games than the NBA. And the NFL (16 million NFL attendees annually versus 68 million MLB fans).

yup. when baseball was a cheap sport to attend and it was popular with the masses.. much better now that no one watches any more and players complaining about 5-10 million a yr.

we are at the same tipping point with college sports.

If ticket prices are so directly correlated to player salaries shouldn't college sports be exceedingly cheap to attend?

they are, and now all the big colleges are trying to stay afloat and hope we have sports, but even if they cost like a pro game they wouldn't have banked the money for a rainy day and still be having money issues. Same with MLB.. no matter how much they made in the past they are not sitting on that money now to spend hundreds of millions into the hole.

they are, and now all the big colleges are trying to stay afloat and hope we have sports, but even if they cost like a pro game they wouldn't have banked the money for a rainy day and still be having money issues. Same with MLB.. no matter how much they made in the past they are not sitting on that money now to spend hundreds of millions into the hole.
thoughts and prayers for the owners

Yes, your sympathies should be with the poor billionaire owners.
nope dont care about them or the players.. just want baseball and the billionaire owner didnt make his money on baseball most of the time. Now if you think he should be paying the players out of his own pocket then thats a different story, but the teams are not sitting on a billion dollars. team and owner are 2 different buckets of money.

nope dont care about them or the players.. just want baseball and the billionaire owner didnt make his money on baseball most of the time. Now if you think he should be paying the players out of his own pocket then thats a different story, but the teams are not sitting on a billion dollars. team and owner are 2 different buckets of money.
How do you know any of that is actually true?