moving the chains and snapping the ball thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

moving the chains and snapping the ball thread

The more I think about Petrino's comments regarding Babers' offense, the more I think he's scurred. He knows we present a massive challenge to his team and he's already setting the post-game stage for a loss. "We think it is completely illegal what they're doing on the field. I have grape nuts."

F you Petrino, again. And again.

lummgr said:
Every time it happens the house music should play "Don't disturb this Groove".

The Pretenders..."back on the chain gang"...

Babers isn't very smart if he employs the up tempo game. Usually when facing a high octane offense such as Louisvilles, the goal is to keep that offense off the field so a "slow as you go" game plan would best be used. Go ahead and try to speed it up. More exciting opportunities for LJ to get back on the field!!! ;)

I suppose the ACC can direct the officials to be in sync with the chains but that doesn't determine when the ball can be snapped. That doesn't make it a rule. It's also an opportunity for shenanigans by a home team if that is a policy.

Here's the rule.

When Ball Is Ready for Play
ARTICLE 4. A dead ball is ready for play when:
a. With the 40-second play clock running, an official places the ball at a hash mark or between the inbounds marks and steps away to his
position.
b. With the play clock set at 25 seconds, or at 40 seconds after an injury to or loss of helmet by a defensive team player, the referee sounds his
whistle and either signals to start the game clock [S2] or signals that the ball is ready for play [S1]. (A.R. 4-1-4-I and II)

That's it, that's the rule. Has nothing to do with the chains being set.

Babers isn't very smart if he employs the up tempo game. Usually when facing a high octane offense such as Louisvilles, the goal is to keep that offense off the field so a "slow as you go" game plan would best be used. Go ahead and try to speed it up. More exciting opportunities for LJ to get back on the field!!! ;)

So, what you're saying is to use the Scott Shafer method of offense. How did we fair the last two years using that? Seriously, some of you other fans don't think.

Babers will not only NOT slow the offense down, he will speed it up. The old meathead mode of offense is gone. Please try to understand that.

So, what you're saying is to use the Scott Shafer method of offense. How did we fair the last two years using that? Seriously, some of you other fans don't think.

Babers will not only NOT slow the offense down, he will speed it up. The old meathead mode of offense is gone. Please try to understand that.
I think Alanin is a Louisville dude (dudette?)

I suppose the ACC can direct the officials to be in sync with the chains but that doesn't determine when the ball can be snapped. That doesn't make it a rule. It's also an opportunity for shenanigans by a home team if that is a policy.

Here's the rule.

When Ball Is Ready for Play
ARTICLE 4. A dead ball is ready for play when:
a. With the 40-second play clock running, an official places the ball at a hash mark or between the inbounds marks and steps away to his
position.
b. With the play clock set at 25 seconds, or at 40 seconds after an injury to or loss of helmet by a defensive team player, the referee sounds his
whistle and either signals to start the game clock [S2] or signals that the ball is ready for play [S1]. (A.R. 4-1-4-I and II)

That's it, that's the rule. Has nothing to do with the chains being set.

A friend of mine is an official and he said it's not a rule. the O's are not held up for the chains.

Alanin502 said:

Yeah - same could be said about Louisville. ;)

1a790o.jpg

1a79c9.jpg

This gem:
Said Petrino: "We might need to look into it when we play fast teams at home, hire some guys who don't run very fast to slow them down. I've never thought about that. That's a good idea for us. The other thing we might need to do is get some oxygen down there and make sure we have a defibrillator in case they can't keep up when they're running down the field." (source syracuse.com by Mr. Bailey).
Every joke has a kernel of truth...if it is a tight game...there will be cramps

Bobby Petrino has just surpassed Greg Schiano in my most disliked coaches' rankings.

Jerry Sandusky remains firmly in place as the unanimous #1 with Paterno #2.

I am not quite there yet with demoting Schiano.

In the context of Syracuse Football he is still my No. 1.

In terms of the coaching profession itself, I think Bobby Petrino is in a category by himself - he is without question the most despicable active American coach in any sport.

Thanks. It is a shame ignorant people spout off in public about things they don't know about and can't understand.

I actually like the vast majority of UL fans I have met...they are cool folks. I highly recommend taking in a game there.

this whole issue becomes moot if SU keeps going 3 and out.. lets hope not

I guess we will soon see about that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom