My view | Syracusefan.com

My view

hplare

Skilled observer of photographs
Some late thoughts

A strong, determined effort doomed by missed shots and bad decisions that might have and very possibly could have been a surprising upset.
Bad decisions like 3 point shots jacked up by guys who have no business attempting them.

JB was regularly criticized for having a short leash. AA ought to buy one to yank and remind Copeland and Brown what their roles are.

The 3 point shooters are Bell, Taylor and possibly Cuffe and shooters need to shoot to find consistency. Bell doesn't hesitate, but Taylor, aside from not getting the ball when he should, is too unselfish. He moves and tries to flow the offense, but he reminds me of Cole Swider. A really terrific shooter who constantly deferred to others.

Some of the blame goes to Judah and JJ. Judah, especially looks at times like he's solely auditioning for the NBA, They have to look for and consider the open man when they drive. Taylor is free in the corner almost every time.

We have no production down low and will have to live with it. There's no use in thinking "What if..." but the loss of Jesse is more than considerable.

Someone posted earlier that they thought we could play with anyone. Athletically yes, but physically is questionably. Physical teams will be a huge problem. It was always suggested that the zone denied us the rugged man to man we constantly faced. Perhaps we'll improve, I don't know.

I do know that it's not just a matter of hand-checking anymore. Tenn grabbed and held all game long and were allowed to do so. I think we have to learn to retaliate.

Getting closet o game time and this is getting long. Thanks for allowing me to vent

One last thought re the foul shooting. An all too grim reminder of days of yore we'd hope we'd put behind us. Let's hope it was a temporary aberration.
'

Some late thoughts

A strong, determined effort doomed by missed shots and bad decisions that might have and very possibly could have been a surprising upset.
Bad decisions like 3 point shots jacked up by guys who have no business attempting them.

JB was regularly criticized for having a short leash. AA ought to buy one to yank and remind Copeland and Brown what their roles are.

The 3 point shooters are Bell, Taylor and possibly Cuffe and shooters need to shoot to find consistency. Bell doesn't hesitate, but Taylor, aside from not getting the ball when he should, is too unselfish. He moves and tries to flow the offense, but he reminds me of Cole Swider. A really terrific shooter who constantly deferred to others.

Some of the blame goes to Judah and JJ. Judah, especially looks at times like he's solely auditioning for the NBA, They have to look for and consider the open man when they drive. Taylor is free in the corner almost every time.

We have no production down low and will have to live with it. There's no use in thinking "What if..." but the loss of Jesse is more than considerable.

Someone posted earlier that they thought we could play with anyone. Athletically yes, but physically is questionably. Physical teams will be a huge problem. It was always suggested that the zone denied us the rugged man to man we constantly faced. Perhaps we'll improve, I don't know.

I do know that it's not just a matter of hand-checking anymore. Tenn grabbed and held all game long and were allowed to do so. I think we have to learn to retaliate.

Getting closet o game time and this is getting long. Thanks for allowing me to vent

One last thought re the foul shooting. An all too grim reminder of days of yore we'd hope we'd put behind us. Let's hope it was a temporary aberration.
'
Actually, because of the offense they run, JT is having to struggle to get free of the defense. When he does, he’s either passing on the shot, trying to put it on the floor, or just simply missing (some air balls). Judah has wait for him to get open, and cause them to go deep into the shot clock, and he has to make a play. Last 2 games he’s given them nothing.

Actually, because of the offense they run, JT is having to struggle to get free of the defense. When he does, he’s either passing on the shot, trying to put it on the floor, or just simply missing (some air balls). Judah has wait for him to get open, and cause them to go deep into the shot clock, and he has to make a play. Last 2 games he’s given them nothing.
Would like to see us try and set a legal screen or two to get Taylor open before the season is over….

I'd love to see Mintz NOT at the presser until he can show an ounce of humility and good sportsmanship. As a cuse player, I'll cheer loud and hard for him; however, the comments he's made during pressers has really turned me off. He comes across all about HIM and his play comes across that way as well. Seems like a very selfish kid. I'll still root for him, Benny, and any other kid who wears orange but still would like them to handle things better.

I'd love to see Mintz NOT at the presser until he can show an ounce of humility and good sportsmanship. As a cuse player, I'll cheer loud and hard for him; however, the comments he's made during pressers has really turned me off. He comes across all about HIM and his play comes across that way as well. Seems like a very selfish kid. I'll still root for him, Benny, and any other kid who wears orange but still would like them to handle things better.
What was said? You are the second poster I’ve seen refer to press conference statements made by Cuse players that weren’t positive. Definitely getting an immature, selfish vibe from many players on this team. Autry has his work cut out for him, but a team is a reflection of its leadership. Not seeing consistent leadership show up on the floor. It’s early and Red is a new coach, but it needs to change or we’re looking at a losing season.

When Mintz got on McLeod for not catching one of the worst passes I’ve seen in quite a while, that told me all I need to know about Mintz. He’s never done anything wrong in his entire life, has he?

When Mintz got on McLeod for not catching one of the worst passes I’ve seen in quite a while, that told me all I need to know about Mintz. He’s never done anything wrong in his entire life, has he?
Yep, that's very consistent with his latest comments in the pressers. The one comment that bothered me most was when he said that the issue is basically the post, but the guard spot and play is fine.

We have too many weeks spots on the team that are not offset by pro level talent - JJ nor Judah are not playing in the NBA - all the forwards are OK - and then there is the C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom