Nate Oats and Alabama | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Nate Oats and Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one have no interest in this guy. Talk about having a poor judgement of character of the people you recruit. Only asking for trouble with this guy.

Being a Vermonter, your take is a little pot vs kettle-ish. Vermont has extremely liberal gun laws and a pretty high (legal) gun-toting population. I work with a lot of contractors in my side hustle. Most of them have pistols in their trucks.
No doubt about it. But we don’t make it part of the culture.

yeah and fwiw I'm not suggesting he be charged or whatever. I have no idea of Alabama law.

I'm am suggesting the University can and should absolutely sit the kid based on moral clauses I'm sure they signed when they agreed to be on scholarship.
Can you find such a clause? I looked. I am sure the university has a general student code of conduct which would apply.

Okay rookie. What’s your beef?

Using a vague term like “culture” to argue one group of people being perfectly justified to carry around guns while stereotyping another group and their gun ownership is a little absurd.

The fact that you had to clarify that it wasn’t “black culture” you were speaking of should help make it clear to you why stereotyping people is wrong.

I have never liked Nate Oats and never wanted him at SU so I have purposely not taken shots and kicked someone when they are down. I don't get joy out of someone I don't like having bad things happen to them. Craig Carton is the only exception to that rule. This whole situation is sad honestly.

Using a vague term like “culture” to argue one group of people being perfectly justified to carry around guns while stereotyping another group and their gun ownership is a little absurd.

The fact that you had to clarify that it wasn’t “black culture” you were speaking of should help make it clear to you why stereotyping people is wrong.
I think you’re misinterpreting what I’m trying to say, but I frankly don’t care.

Wasn't the thread that many people there carry guns? If so, then it’s part of the culture. If not, then it’s not.
Ive never seen any civilian in Vermont carrying in my almost 23 years here. No one I’ve met has talked about their guns here, except one crazy guy who moved to Florida with his 2 ars, but mostly for the swinging scene. I’ve seen multiple civilians in bama carrying, and have talked to multiple coworkers down there about their guns, unbidden by me. That’s the cultural difference I have actually seen.

Does it make me comfortable knowing anyone in a bar here in Vermont can have a concealed weapon, heck no. But sometimes out of sight, out of mind is good enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors